HfxTC

To HfxTC:

You wrote: "Als really  need to address their Canadian content" Then you continue: Too bad Ciante Evans signed in Calgary:

When you read that in the same paragraph and after the Als need to address their Canadian content, you get the impression  that Evans is a Nat. player.

Richard
Montreal desperately needs to sign Westerman IMO
He is the only quality Canadian Starter left on the board.
Kavis should pay what it takes. A Canadian receiver is also a must. Haidara is useless.

If he can add these two pieces, he will have had a successful FA considering everything going against him.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Anyone else find Herb Zurkowski awfully quiet today.. Oh boy...

RichardVeilleux

I am quite confident that Montreal will sign Nat. DE Jamall Westerman.  If Kavis Reed saw him today  it may have been to make sure that he was healthy. I also think that Nat. DT Jake Thomas will be signed for depth.

With regards to Nat. WR there are no full-time starters available; The only 2 that I would qualify as interesting are: Jake Harty in Ottawa.. Recruited by Miles Gorrell. The other one is: Julian Feoli-Gudino in Winnipeg. He always played well against the Als and had crucial/important reception.

A few more Nationals-offensive line and running back  could be signed for depth. 

I wonder if Int. LB Taylor Reed-from Ottawa- is on the radar by the Als. Other teams to consider him could be Toronto and Winnipeg.

Richard

HfxTC

I am quite confident that Montreal will sign Nat. DE Jamall Westerman.  If Kavis Reed saw him today  it may have been to make sure that he was healthy. I also think that Nat. DT Jake Thomas will be signed for depth.

With regards to Nat. WR there are no full-time starters available; The only 2 that I would qualify as interesting are: Jake Harty in Ottawa.. Recruited by Miles Gorrell. The other one is: Julian Feoli-Gudino in Winnipeg. He always played well against the Als and had crucial/important reception.

A few more Nationals-offensive line and running back  could be signed for depth.

I wonder if Int. LB Taylor Reed-from Ottawa- is on the radar by the Als. Other teams to consider him could be Toronto and Winnipeg.

Richard
if he signs Jake Harty the Als could start George Johnson and field a Canadian receiver and dress a backup. He probably ends up with one of the Alberta teams.

mike2579

Cory Watson could also be a nice pickup. Good ol’ Pierrefonds boy
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

RichardVeilleux

Other out of the ordinary numbers, at least to me. Mind you, I hope the best for the CFL players but, unfortunately, there is a max. cap of $5.2 millions in 2018. When I read some numbers, I wonder how teams can stay within cap. Numbers that I did read in today's Le Droit and Ottawa Citizen.

Int. DE A.C. Leonard who made a little less than $60,000 in 2017, while playing for Saskatchewan, according to the papers, will be paid $145,000 by the REDBLACKS in 2018. His $145,000 includes a $50,000 signing bonus.  Does not make sense. Was he an all-star? No! Was he amongst the top 30 free agents? No!

Nat. DT Zach Evans, in Ottawa the past seasons, has signed with Saskatchewan for $170,000. Again, make no sense.

Richard

idealsheldon

Richard, there`s also this on Tommie Campbell that you`re not going to like:

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor

A couple of interesting salary tidbits: one team claims it offered $30k more than Wpg for DB Chandler Fenner but lost out. Tommie Campbell was apparently close to re-signing in Calgary last week for 150k. Must have got a lot more to go to Mtl. #CFL

But relax, the only spending you should worry about is your wife`s.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

everyman

Isn't Alex Morrison, WR from UBC, still Als property?

Had a good camp last year then went back to UBC. He's a legit threat to be a CFL Canadian starting WR. imo, no?

idealsheldon

tony

@TSNDaveNaylor

A couple of interesting salary tidbits: one team claims it offered $30k more than Wpg for DB Chandler Fenner but lost out. Tommie Campbell was apparently close to re-signing in Calgary last week for 150k. Must have got a lot more to go to Mtl. #CFL

Cha ching for Campbell...  

Vachon23

Maitenant il faudrait signer Danny Groulx et Arnaud Gascon-Nadeau. 2 bons joueux locaux 

RichardVeilleux

Fortunately Sheldon, I don't have to worry at all for my wife's spending. She has an excellent handle/control of the purse.

Again, members of the media throw numbers here and there.

Now, will they say that Westerman signed for more than $180,000? Most probably.

Richard

everyman

@TSNDaveNaylor

Cha ching for Campbell...  
He's as close to a shut down corner as you can find now in the cfl
Came close to serious jail time last year for a drug bust but it got thrown out.

idealsheldon

It appears Kyries Hebert is on his way out.

Kyries Hebert‏Verified account
@kyhebert

When someone tells you they don’t want you then shows you they don’t want you .. do yourself a favour! Believe them!
8:47 AM - 14 Feb 2018

popo

It appears Kyries Hebert is on his way out.

8:47 AM - 14 Feb 2018
I know they want to get younger... but I don't see an obvious replacement on the roster for Hebert.  Or available in free agent pool.  Will have to recruit well.

I wonder if acquiring Burnett and Ellis means Cox will stay retired?  Both have experience at SAM.  The team will get a bit younger without two of their oldest players.

Users Online

65 Guests, 9 Users (5 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
everyman, sully, Obrigardo, Count Floyd, RichardVeilleux, DisplacedCatsFan, bobo82, Google (4), Baidu

Most Online Today: 106. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)