Vachon23

Tommie Campbell serait une bonne prise 1

RichardVeilleux

Tant mieux pour Laurent. Il aurait re- signé pour approximativement $200,000 avec Hamilton et pourrait gagner jusqu'à  $220,000 avec primes/"incentives".

Richard

idealsheldon

Dave Naylor and Jamie Nye have both commented on this and I couldn`t agree more. How the rash of 1 yr. contracts make it very difficult for fans to relate to players on their teams. Here today, gone next season. The CFL is becoming more and more the VFL - the Vagabond Football League.

The players on the other hand argue if multi year contacts aren`t guaranteed, why should they sign for more than 1 yr. 

With Ambrosie and Co. trying to attract a younger demographic who can identify with their teams, this is a real problem. And one without an easy solution.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Lucas Bellemare

Les Alouettes devraient-ils tenter d'aller chercher Derek Dennis, qui vient tout juste d'être libéré par la Saskatchewan?

HfxTC

Les Alouettes devraient-ils tenter d'aller chercher Derek Dennis, qui vient tout juste d'être libéré par la Saskatchewan?
Well Dennis is a Left Tackle. Most Tackles can't switch over. He also had a very, very average season last year. Calgary let him walk, now the Riders are letting him walk. You don't pay a premium for a guy like that and then move him to a position that is foreign to him. This is not worth the gamble.

I suppose you could take the chance at pissing off Olafyle and moving him right but again you end up paying monster dollars.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Dave Naylor and Jamie Nye have both commented on this and I couldn`t agree more. How the rash of 1 yr. contracts make it very difficult for fans to relate to players on their teams. Here today, gone next season. The CFL is becoming more and more the VFL - the Vagabond Football League.

The players on the other hand argue if multi year contacts aren`t guaranteed, why should they sign for more than 1 yr.

With Ambrosie and Co. trying to attract a younger demographic who can identify with their teams, this is a real problem. And one without an easy solution.
It certainly impacts the ability of fans to get to know their players, probably impacts merchandise sales as well. Also makes for some pretty bad penalty and error filled football games...

RichardVeilleux

Suite à la libération de Derek Dennis par Saskatchewan, ça leur a permis de libérer plusieurs $$$$$$ sous. Même si non la même position, il devient de plus el plus logique que Zach Evans va signer avec Saskatchewan. Aussi possibilité de Jerome Messam.

Nic Demski a signé avec Winnipeg.

Richard

HfxTC

Suite à la libération de Derek Dennis par Saskatchewan, ça leur a permis de libérer plusieurs $$$$$$ sous. Même si non la même position, il devient de plus el plus logique que Zach Evans va signer avec Saskatchewan. Aussi possibilité de Jerome Messam.

Nic Demski a signé avec Winnipeg.

Richard
Richard, you won't pay Messam, Evans and a LT for Dennis contract.

Lucas Bellemare

Le joueur de ligne offensive Jeremy Lewis a signé avec les Lions de la Colombie-Britannique

BC Lions‏Compte certifié 
@BCLions
[/url] 13 minil y a 13 minutes
Plus
[/font][/size][/color]
MORE BEEF UP FRONT

#BCLions sign offensive lineman Jeremy Lewis ( @J_LEW68 ). He previously spent time in Hamilton and Montreal

RichardVeilleux

Did I write, HfxTC, that the release of Int. T Derrik Dennis would pay for Messam,Evans and a LT? I just wrote that it will give more flexibility in the cap. Dennis was paid at least no less than $200,000 in 2017. If you hire Evans-by the way Sask. is close to sign him- and pay him $102,000 to $108,000, you now have still have roughly $90,000 available. Earlier in the off-season, Kienan Lawrence was released and I presume that he was paid at least $72,000 and as much as $81,000. You now have more than $160,000 available. It will pay Messam and there will still be funds available.

Richard

idealsheldon

Winnipeg signs WR Nik Demski, Als sign WR SJ Haidara. Kind of sums things up with the current state of the team.

CFL in QC

I thought Tevaughn Campbell showed a lot of raw talent last season. He needs to be coached up a bit but could be a starting National corner.

And it looks like Xavier Fulton has won an OT job over Brian Simmons.
With Campbell signed and looking at the list of Montréal FA, I think Dominic Termansen is now the most important one to sign: everybody else are expendable.

HfxTC

Did I write, HfxTC, that the release of Int. T Derrik Dennis would pay for Messam,Evans and a LT? I just wrote that it will give more flexibility in the cap. Dennis was paid at least no less than $200,000 in 2017. If you hire Evans-by the way Sask. is close to sign him- and pay him $102,000 to $108,000, you now have still have roughly $90,000 available. Earlier in the off-season, Kienan Lawrence was released and I presume that he was paid at least $72,000 and as much as $81,000. You now have more than $160,000 available. It will pay Messam and there will still be funds available.

Richard
I think your misinformed. Messam is looking to be paid the top RB in the league. He's looking for more than 160k.

idealsheldon

I thought Tevaughn Campbell showed a lot of raw talent last season. He needs to be coached up a bit but could be a starting National corner.

With Campbell signed and looking at the list of Montréal FA, I think Dominic Termansen is now the most important one to sign: everybody else are expendable.
I`m afraid he just signed with BC, he`s a Vancouver native. Good luck with the rent though. 

CFL in QC

I`m afraid he just signed with BC, he`s a Vancouver native. Good luck with the rent though.
Not a surprise...but I liked his defensive play the few times he was on the field.

Users Online

104 Guests, 8 Users (12 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, Grover, xlnt, DPop13, RedandWhite, Argo Tailgater, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)