Grover

We can't be as perfect as the Tiger Cats,Grover. We know,the Tiger Cats have the best Owner,the best Management,the best Coaches,the best Players and the best Fans. Hard to understand that they have not won the Grey Cup since 1999.

The late Don Matthews and Mark Trestman were never present on draft days and never attended the CFL combines; yet, when they were Head Coaches the Alouettes won 3 Grey Cup. -2002,2009 and 2010-

That's all for me on that matter.

Richard

So be it, If I am out of line, I apologize.
1999 seems so long ago(although we made it to the dance a few times,but couldn't close the deal)
I'm not here looking for trouble, I'm certainly not boasting, I don't forget we started 0-8 last season and there is a reason we are picking 2nd in this upcoming draft.
If I'm not welcome to contribute, then I will just drop by to read whats happening over here.
It's just that I found it confusing why your Head Coach is Coaching in another League.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Lucas Bellemare

Je doute que l'intention de Grover ait été de blesser ou troller. La situation du général Sherman est en effet assez inhabituelle, et il y a des pours et des contres. D'un côté ça ne lui permet pas de se consacrer à temps plein à l'étude des subtilités du football canadien, quelques semaines avant le début du camp d'entraînement. D'un autre, c'est un moyen d'étendre le réseau, chose dont Kavis Reed a terriblement besoin.

Le fait que cette nouvelle sorte à deux mois de la début de la saison et dans un contexte difficile pour les Alouettes fait en sorte qu'il peut y avoir une réaction négative à cela. Néanmoins il est important de relativiser les choses en se disant que la YCFL n'est pas un engagement à temps plein comme peut l'être la LCF. De plus, le général ne sera pas seul, ses coordonnateurs ont l'expérience du football canadien. Les projecteurs sont davantage tournés vers Kavis Reed dont la suite de sa carrière pourrait bien dépendre du déroulement de la saison 2018.

idealsheldon

Not sure if everyone is missing the point, but Sherman signed with the YCF on Nov. 8, before signing with the Als.

https://yourcallfootball.com/news/former-nfl-head-coach-mike-sherman-joins-your-call-football/

He signed with the Als on Dec. 20.

So perhaps he could not get out of his YCF contract, or maybe he is being a gentleman and living up to a commitment.

I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Grover

Not sure if everyone is missing the point, but Sherman signed with the YCF on Nov. 8, before signing with the Als.

https://yourcallfootball.com/news/former-nfl-head-coach-mike-sherman-joins-your-call-football/

So perhaps he could not get out of his YCF contract, or maybe he is being a gentleman and living up to a commitment.
Thank you for clarifying Sheldon,
This makes sense.
It could cost a bundle to break that contract, if he chose to and kudos for honoring his word.

HfxTC

Thank you for clarifying Sheldon,
This makes sense.
It could cost a bundle to break that contract, if he chose to and kudos for honoring his word.
Andrew Edwards and his crew of misfits are a piece of work. Never see him write a controversial piece about the team he gets paid to cover...We have a name for that :)
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

tony

It had been reported when Sherman signed with the Als that he had committed to the Your Call Football League. I`ll give him credit for sticking to a commitment.

Until the Als turn things around they are an easy target for piling on, legitimate or not. It comes with the territory. And some get a kick out of kicking others when they are down.
All that matters is results on the field.
This statement says it all for me.

Can have all the pom poms going, razzmatazz etc... 

Results! 

okie

Mike Sherman's son Ben is also involved with the Your Call Football League.  Perhaps Jerrod Johnson as well which may be the reason those two have not been officially named as members of the team's coaching staff.

okie

Supposedly, CB/RB/KR/PR 5'10" 195lb Jeremy Jackson from Division 3 Arkansas-Monticello has signed. 

HfxTC

Supposedly, CB/RB/KR/PR 5'10" 195lb Jeremy Jackson from Division 3 Arkansas-Monticello has signed.
Interesting converted to DB as a Senior and won All American vote in his conf. That isn't easy to do but div 3 is a long ways away from Professional football.
https://www.uamsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2460

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EMV-wVbR4A (2:11)

okie

Rather than being a coach at Your Call, Jerrod Johnson is one of the quarterbacks there.  Other QB's include Bryan Bennett, BJ Daniels, Tommy Armstrong Jr, and KD Humphries.  Daniels and Armstrong had previously switched positions in their attempt to make it in the NFL.

GHT120

Rather than being a coach at Your Call, Jerrod Johnson is one of the quarterbacks there.  Other QB's include Bryan Bennett, BJ Daniels, Tommy Armstrong Jr, and KD Humphries.  Daniels and Armstrong had previously switched positions in their attempt to make it in the NFL.
BJ Daniels' senior year was 2012; he is two years younger than Josh Freeman but really doesn't seem to have the same redemption story angle as Daniels as, sionce college, he has been a fringe TC player and not playing QB.

Bryan Bennett was a 2104 senor, but spent parts of 2016 and 2017 with CFL teams (so he has been exposed to the game).  KD Humphries was a 2015 senior, and Tommy Armstrong a 2016 senior.  If any of the last three shows well enough they might be worth a LOOK.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

glengarry flash

@okie-arkansas-monticello is the college of nic lewis?

glengarry flash

stop your crap about firing GM kavis reed. as for mr. robert wetenhall your wrong as usual. you want the goofs like we had owning the  als in the '60's!!

HfxTC

stop your crap about firing GM kavis reed. as for mr. robert wetenhall your wrong as usual. you want the goofs like we had owning the  als in the '60's!!
The Als have had great ownership until Skalbania got busted. 

glengarry flash

all the people bitching about GM kavis reed don't understand his task with montreal. he has to re-build a team former GM/HC jim popp let get old and he never found a QB to replace AC so what choice did reed have NONE!! he knew he was in trouble last year and needing a QB signed QB durant who became YES a bust. he had an excellent draft last year ie: WRs carter, morrison, johnson, C annen, DB cranston plus S wright: so what's wrong with that draft? also look at all the FA's he signed this year!! re-signing campbell, fulton, bede, bowman, blake, bedard, sutton, ackie & carter!! the biggest signing QB  josh freeman!! so get off his back this is only year 2 of his 5 year plan to restore montreal to a CFL power!!

Users Online

91 Guests, 5 Users (7 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
rshmglsky, robleggett, catfish, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 160. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)