Niagara Als

Tony, I rate Chris Jones as a top HC and GM. Looking at the Riders today he showed Kevin Glen as a good choice at QB and, I also noticed that Adams was his choice for the second and one plays. Behind Glen, LaFrance, Devon Carter, Thigpen, Muamba,Mike Edam were veterans recruited for this season. Although he did not play today today, Brandon Bridge did have a role in the RR's success. I was wishing that we had a HC/GM as valuable as Jones. I have family in the West and, there was certainly critics of Jones last season, but today his talent is well recognized. Like many of our fans who question our own HC/GM, I also have doubts about Reed who gifted Jones valuable playing material this and, last season.

LeStaf

Tony, I rate Chris Jones as a top HC and GM. Looking at the Riders today he showed Kevin Glen as a good choice at QB and, I also noticed that Adams was his choice for the second and one plays. Behind Glen, LaFrance, Devon Carter, Thigpen, Muamba,Mike Edam were veterans recruited for this season. Although he did not play today today, Brandon Bridge did have a role in the RR's success. I was wishing that we had a HC/GM as valuable as Jones. I have family in the West and, there was certainly critics of Jones last season, but today his talent is well recognized. Like many of our fans who question our own HC/GM, I also have doubts about Reed who gifted Jones valuable playing material this and, last season.
Jones avait fait ses preuves avant et a amené des gens de calibre avec lui.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Niagara Als

With all of our injuries Jovon Johnson could have helped our DB injuries this season. He certainly helped the RR's yesterday with a very timely pick which helped to distance this team from Ottawa in the second half.

HfxTC

With all of our injuries Jovon Johnson could have helped our DB injuries this season. He certainly helped the RR's yesterday with a very timely pick which helped to distance this team from Ottawa in the second half.
With all the players misevaluated and discarded by this organization the last few years. There is enough to make a competitive team. That started before "The Great Kazoo"
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

tony

With all the players misevaluated and discarded by this organization the last few years. There is enough to make a competitive team. That started before "The Great Kazoo"
It may have started prior to Reed, but there are several key players that were under his regime.

HfxTC

With all the players misevaluated and discarded by this organization the last few years. There is enough to make a competitive team. That started before "The Great Kazoo"
It may have started prior to Reed, but there are several key players that were under his regime.
4Sure. He's brought the Zombie apocalypse to this football team.

mike2579

Jovon Johnson is one of the coolest Alouettes players i have ever met. We still chat on Twitter sometimes. I tell you when we cut him he was down and out. I asked him recently are you still disappointed? He laughed...good for him...
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

Johnny Ticat slayer

Jovon Johnson is one of the coolest Alouettes players i have ever met. We still chat on Twitter sometimes. I tell you when we cut him he was down and out. I asked him recently are you still disappointed? He laughed...good for him...
Releasing Johnson was another stupid move by the man with the matrix, the Great Kazoo and his 8, or was it 10 point plan?   ::)

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

Releasing Johnson was another stupid move by the man with the matrix, the Great Kazoo and his 8, or was it 10 point plan?   ::)
Wanted to make room for his buddy Ryan Phillips who got cut too.

I can picture him in a white suit next to Andrew going "Boss! The plan, the plan!

okie

Jovon Johnson clearly stated his belief that Noel Thorpe was the reason for his release.  When free agency started this off-season, Johnson was begging for a job as seemingly nobody wanted him.  I suspect Johnson signed a near-minimum deal with the Als.  During training camp, Thorpe moved Johnson to SAM linebacker.  That is a common complaint by defensive players released.  Thorpe put them in positions that lessened their chances of succeeding.

While Johnson actually named Thorpe, Ryan Phillips only hinted of issues was him.

A few days ago, LB Robbie Meade confirmed that he has re-signed with the team.  Meade showed up on the Practice Roster late in the year and was released when the expanded PR was trimmed.  Meade never made the active roster in 2017.

LeStaf

Les Alouettes ont engagé de nouvelles ressources du côté de la mise en marché.

Les Alouettes ont procédé à une réorganisation du coté administratif.

Paul-André Côté est un bon ajout.  Je ne connais pas l'autre.

C'est quand même un coup d'épée dans l'eau parce que si les victoires sont pas au rendez-vous, il n'y aura pas grand chose que ces gens pourront faire pour remplir les gradins.  Au point de déchéance où cette équipe est rendue, seules les victoires vont compter.

À la limite, si les opérations football sont profondément modifiées, que les nouvelles hiérarchies mises en place sont sensées et que les gens embauchés sont compétents, il est possible que les supporteurs encouragent cette équipe en entrevoyant des jours meilleurs.  Mais si ce retournement de situation n'est pas opéré rapidement, ils vont abandonner l'équipe.  C'est malheureusement ce à quoi je m'attends.

okie

Jonathan Guay posed that his sources have told him that Patrick Boivin has met with Danny Maciocia. 

While there is a chance the meeting is significant to the Als, it is more likely that Guay is impersonating Justin Dunk and misreading the tea leaves into something that is simply not there.

LeStaf

Jonathan Guay posed that his sources have told him that Patrick Boivin has met with Danny Maciocia.  

While there is a chance the meeting is significant to the Als, it is more likely that Guay is impersonating Justin Dunk and misreading the tea leaves into something that is simply not there.
Jonathan Guay n'aime pas les Alouettes.  Il fera tout ce qu'il peut pour leur porter ombrage.  Il est aussi un fan de Maciocia, allez savoir pourquoi!

Je pense cependant que cette rencontre s'inscrirait dans le "plan", soit de tisser des liens plus serrés avec les universités québécoises, particulièrement Montréal et Laval, qui demeurent les deux meilleures pépinières de joueurs au Québec.

okie

From Herb Zurkowsky :

Two sources have told the Montreal Gazette the organization could promote (Kavis) Reed to vice-president (football operations) and hire John Murphy as their GM. Murphy is Saskatchewan’s assistant vice-president (football operations) and player personnel. If (DeVone) Claybrooks is named head coach, he would hire Rich Stubler as his defensive coordinator.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/alouettes-courting-devone-claybrooks-to-be-their-next-head-coach

Justin Dunk believes the Claybrooks interview will be done this weekend.
http://3downnation.com/2017/11/29/alouettes-structure-change-new-regime/

Website roster has been update to include everybody that was previously on the injured lists and practice squads.  Of note, Chip Cox (previously retired), Raymon Taylor (suspended), and Jacory Harris (disabled list?) are among those listed.

Johnny Ticat slayer

From Herb Zurkowsky :

Two sources have told the Montreal Gazette the organization could promote (Kavis) Reed to vice-president (football operations) and hire John Murphy as their GM. Murphy is Saskatchewan’s assistant vice-president (football operations) and player personnel. If (DeVone) Claybrooks is named head coach, he would hire Rich Stubler as his defensive coordinator.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/alouettes-courting-devone-claybrooks-to-be-their-next-head-coach

Justin Dunk believes the Claybrooks interview will be done this weekend.
http://3downnation.com/2017/11/29/alouettes-structure-change-new-regime/

Website roster has been update to include everybody that was previously on the injured lists and practice squads.  Of note, Chip Cox (previously retired), Raymon Taylor (suspended), and Jacory Harris (disabled list?) are among those listed.
That would possibly be good news. But, Reed will hire the HC (with the Wetenhall's input...), then be promoted, and the new GM would inherit a new HC, that was hired with none of his input. 

The new GM will be stuck with a new HC he did not choose. This is not how successful teams do things...  ::)

Users Online

74 Guests, 5 Users (5 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
everyman, Chewbaca1973, schmenger, Slomojo2005, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)