idealsheldon

Joey Alfieri ?@joeyalfieri  11m11 minutes ago
#Alouettes add QB Shane Carden to the roster. His father, Jay, played for the Expos #TSN690

No report yet that he has shoved a receiver.

Here`s some background:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ ... id=2552373
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

Good that a third QB has been added to the active roster; had only 2 QB's dressed, Didier would have probably written that it was done in order to save monies, even though roughly only 1% of the excess over the cap would have been saved.

Richard

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
#Alouettes add QB Shane Carden to the roster. His father, Jay, played for the Expos #TSN690

Here`s some background:

:lol: I'm sure our seasoned group of receiver-shovers will take Carden under their wing. He'll be losing it during practice in no time.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

AlsPal

Is he 37?

No?

24?

Good.

HfxTC

Here`s some background:

You read his NFL Bio and his mechanicals are very similar to Calvillo. So it does not mean he can't play but its going to be a tough haul.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

slant

I guess we are seeing why the Als have seemed reluctant to go all in with Cato. I suspect that no matter the provocation a team would like to see a more measured response from their leader. I hope he settles down. But it must be frustrating, to say the least, for all involved.

HfxTC

Quote from: "slant"
I guess we are seeing why the Als have seemed reluctant to go all in with Cato. I suspect that no matter the provocation a team would like to see a more measured response from their leader. I hope he settles down. But it must be frustrating, to say the least, for all involved.

Strange that in his whole time at Marshall. Not one peep...  Not forming an opinion just find it interesting. From his comments yesterday he's taking his opportunity very seriously.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

RichardVeilleux

In 14 games played in 2015 by Shane Carden with the Stuttgart Scorpions of the German Football League, he had 249 completions out of 422 attempts, for 3,258 yards, 36 TD's and 13 Int's.Efficiency of 145.8. Pretty good. He also ran 115 times for net yards of 417 and 8 TD's.

Richard

RichardVeilleux

The numbers for Shane Carden are more probably for the 2016 season.

Richard

okie

Here`s some background:

I had never heard of Jay Carden, so I looked him up.  Jay was with the Expo's AA and AAA team for a total of 1 season.  He never made it to Montreal.

When Kevin Glenn was traded, Jim Popp talked about having 4 neg list QB's that were recently released by the NFL.  I was hoping the 3rd quarterback would be one of them instead.  In all likelihood, Carden was probably only signed as a warm body because Crompton and McGhee not yet eligible to come off the injured list.

Niagara Als

Popp brought in a couple of good corners along with JJ. Two rookies and a veteran. Now he is bringing in Carden to compete at the QB position. This appears to be possibly an excellent signing. Popp's doing what he is most capable of doing- he's acting like a good GM again!!

Johnny Ticat slayer

Here`s some background:

This is from that analysis in Sheldon's post:

WEAKNESSES Doesn't generate much power from his lower body. Arm-thrower with less than desirable arm strength. Scouts believe his deep-ball accuracy will take a huge dive in the pros due to lack of downfield zip. Lacks foot quickness to escape pocket and consistently make teams pay. Has a pronounced windup. Can't make field-side throws and margin for error on throws to the perimeter is slim.

Ok, so welcome to the CFL and the WIDER field. If true, he can't play in this league.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

Johnny Ticat slayer

WTF? Harassed and insulted by two bullies, he acted like a man and stood up to the two bullies!  :thup: Two bullies who are bigger than he is. He's not taking crap and putting up with fools.

Johnny would play his heart out for a guy like that.

"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

slant

Quote from: "Johnny Ticat slayer"

WTF? Harassed and insulted by two bullies, he acted like a man and stood up to the two bullies!  :thup: Two bullies who are bigger than he is. He's not taking crap and putting up with fools.

Johnny would play his heart out for a guy like that.

Oh for sure. I agree with you. I'm just saying that as an organization I'm betting the Als are nervous about Cato's own self-control. It's one thing to stand up and deal with bullies. It's another to have to be ushered out of practice. He has just taken over as starting QB and it causes some anxiety I'm thinking. As Calvillo said he came very very close to crossing a line that he would not be able to back track from. I'm certainly pulling for Cato here. I'm long on record as to what I'd do with the punk that is Carter. Well before this issue.

Niagara Als

I believe that Carter is the star player on offense. He's still young and, I would not perceive his childish behavior in one game would diminish his offensive powers on the field.He can do it all! He demonstrated his ability to throw last weekend, a marvelous play likely planned by AC. Carter's ability to catch a high ball is such that he can out reach the defenders and, he has speed. He took a kick the entire field for a TD last season.
As for Cato, without doubt his passing ability is solid but he does appear to have a chip on his shoulders. His behavior is such that he can erupt with explosion to those around him. He shows poverty of expression. Listening to his rapid and jumbled talk, one can feel the hurt and anger within this young man. I do hope Cato will be able to emotionally use his skill and, take the opportunity now given him by the Als, and develop into a QB of note in the CFL. I'm pulling for him. I also hope his potential will be positively enabled by those around him in the Als organization

Users Online

57 Guests, 1 User (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
AlsPal, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 139. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)