HfxTC

Quote from: "okie"
Riders are treating the game like preseason scrimmage, so the Als might as well do the same.  Take a look and see if there is anybody with potential.  Team needs to take advantage of every opportunity it can find to determine who should be back for 2016.

Saskatchewan fans aren't paying to watch this game. So it makes sense for them. Not for Montreal. What kind of evaluation can you do anyway if your opponent treats the game as a scrimmage ?
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Team announced Brandon Bridge will start Sunday. I think we are all curious to see how he will perform.

As for a 2016 QB I guess they`ll cross that bridge when they come to it.

Bonne nouvelle1 Ça confirme que Crompton et Marsh ne reviendront pas.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

Niagara Als

I would like the team to play Bridge at QB. He's been here all season and I believe its bests to give him a full game since he is familiar with the offensive system. When Bridge was taken in the CIS draft earlier I looked at the material the NFL does have on him. The NFL actually named Bridge along with two other NCAA guys who were given notice that they merited a second look by the NFL. Looking as his university bio material Bridge looked pretty good at QB. He was good at scrambling game and, has a strong arm. It will be interesting to see him presently as, he knows the system and, likely has learned a thing or two about QBing from his experience with the team to date.

GHT120

Quote from: "Niagara Als"
I would like the team to play Bridge at QB. He's been here all season and I believe its bests to give him a full game since he is familiar with the offensive system. When Bridge was taken in the CIS draft earlier I looked at the material the NFL does have on him. The NFL actually named Bridge along with two other NCAA guys who were given notice that they merited a second look by the NFL. Looking as his university bio material Bridge looked pretty good at QB. He was good at scrambling game and, has a strong arm. It will be interesting to see him presently as, he knows the system and, likely has learned a thing or two about QBing from his experience with the team to date.

Let's just be realistic in assessing his performance, whether good or bad; this is a nothing game between two teams whose seasons are done.  

I expect of the fans going as many will be interested to see what Bridge can do as would enjoy Glenn potentially piling g up stats against a bad SASK team.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

TimothyHay

Bridge is a QB with a big arm and a bigger ego but he didn't get many games in at Alcorn State or South Alabama to mend his weaknesses which revolve around his lack of touch in delivering the ball, throwing only fastballs, poor accuracy on short and intermediate throws, staring down receivers, failure to rotate his eyes to look at all receivers, messy footwork that has him throwing off balance and a tendency to make "fade-away" throws off his back foot. He also "winds up" before throwing a long ball. That is what I read from most NFL evaluations and that is what I have seen in the few games he played in with the Als. He was always considered to be a raw prospect who will take years to develop but first of all the CFL has to "slow down" for him mentally in order that he can gain control in the pivot.

As for his ego:

"I can extend the play," Bridge said. "I have a very strong arm, if not the strongest arm in this draft. Those are my two strengths."

Come again? Does he have the strongest arm in the draft?

"I actually do think that," Bridge said, "Yes, sir."

"Fans at Alcorn State compared me to Steve ‘Air’ McNair."

"When people didn’t know my name they just called me ‘Canada,’ and so people just made it ‘Air Canada.’"

"I kind of just stuck with it. Little did they know that's a Canadian airline.”

So I would guess that four straight quarters will tell us whether or not he is another "Marsh-ian" - and he certainly doesn't have to prove anything by winning the game.

Photo1

It's good that they are giving him a shot. Even if he does have some issues, a guy like Calvillo is a pretty fine mentor. You just never know until you give a guy a chance.

idealsheldon

Boone and Tajh Boyd will apparently be the other 2 QBs dressed. Cody Hoffman and Kyler Elsworth will be back. It is basically the 1st pre-season game of 2016, allowing the team to assess some of the younger players.

Milanovich just named Ricky Ray the starter for the semi-final. So where does that leave Trevor Harris this off-season?

So many QBs, so little time!
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Harris would have to be nuts to go back to Toronto.

idealsheldon

Travis Lulay is another QB whose contract is up at the end of the season. He`s lost the starting job to Jennings, but will be starting this evening against Calg. in another meaningless game.

Just as important as getting the right head coach, the Als have to find the right 2016 QB.

disciplineandpunish

Lulay can't buy milk from the corner store without getting injured. No way would I touch him.
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

AlsPhil

Quote from: "Photo1"
It's good that they are giving him a shot. Even if he does have some issues, a guy like Calvillo is a pretty fine mentor. You just never know until you give a guy a chance.

I remember a young QB named Anthony Calvillo, who you could say had issues with the media while he was in Hamilton: He told the RDS crew that the 'O' at the end of his name was silent, and for the better part of that season the RDS announcers referred to him as Calvill, strange as it sounded.

I don't think AC would do anything like that today.

Let's give Bridge some time to mature. Who knows, he could be the guy.

HfxTC

Other than Harris. I don't think there are any potential FA quarterbacks that the Als should make offers to. Harris because of his experience with the same offense that Calvillo learned from Trestman is a very interesting prospect. Again that's assuming he hits FA.

Team playing backups tells me jim is secured in his functions and will return behind the bench next season. Should ownership deny him that again. I expect he walks and takes over in Saskatchewan, Winnipeg or elsewhere.

MadJack

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Team playing backups tells me jim is secured in his functions and will return behind the bench next season.

I'm sorry Hfx but I fail to see the connection here.  Teams are playing backups rather than starters in meaningless games (save for Ottawa/Hamilton), and somehow that means Popp is returning as coach next year?

If they were playing their starters that would mean Popp is not returning?

HfxTC

Quote from: "MadJack"
Team playing backups tells me jim is secured in his functions and will return behind the bench next season.

I'm sorry Hfx but I fail to see the connection here.  Teams are playing backups rather than starters in meaningless games (save for Ottawa/Hamilton), and somehow that means Popp is returning as coach next year?

If Popp was trying to make a case for himself for next season. He would not be sitting Glenn.

GHT120

Quote from: "MadJack"

If Popp was trying to make a case for himself for next season. He would not be sitting Glenn.

One could as equally argue that he knows he isn't coming back and wants to see what he has in Bridge.

Users Online

99 Guests, 1 User (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 173. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)