HfxTC

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
The Tiger Cats  have signed Mitchell Gale, the 3rd year QB the Argos released a few weeks ago. At the time I thought he might be someone the Als would be interested in.

It will be interesting to follow his development.

Argos should have kept him until the end of the season...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

Quote from: "HfxTC"
The Tiger Cats  have signed Mitchell Gale, the 3rd year QB the Argos released a few weeks ago. At the time I thought he might be someone the Als would be interested in.

It will be interesting to follow his development.

Argos should have kept him until the end of the season...

When Ray came off the IRL someone had to leave; don't know when last a CFL team used up one of their non-QB International/Import slots on a QB.

Hamilton needs a body as Matthews is on the 1-game IRL.

okie

Who is Austin going to go with?  Somebody he has almost no confidence in, or somebody who thus far in the CFL has only been involved in mop up duty?

idealsheldon

Quote from: "okie"
Who is Austin going to go with?  Somebody he has almost no confidence in, or somebody who thus far in the CFL has only been involved in mop up duty?

Couldn`t happen to a better guy!
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

okie

I want to see Austin get so disgusted with Mizolli and Harris that he activates himself for the playoff game .

Niagara Als

The name Jacques Chapdelaine came up a while back re the Alouettes HC position. I don't have an opinion as my only knowledge consists of just reading his bio. He's been involved in the CIS as coach at Laval and, he has served with several CFL teams in the OC role. I know he played for Montreal Als and, he is a native son which would go well in Montreal. Any thoughts?

HfxTC

Quote from: "okie"
I want to see Austin get so disgusted with Mizolli and Harris that he activates himself for the playoff game .

They should have an emergency cardiology team on staff. He's going to drop if he does not start controlling himself.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

Quote from: "Niagara Als"
The name Jacques Chapdelaine came up a while back re the Alouettes HC position. I don't have an opinion as my only knowledge consists of just reading his bio. He's been involved in the CIS as coach at Laval and, he has served with several CFL teams in the OC role. I know he played for Montreal Als and, he is a native son which would go well in Montreal. Any thoughts?

Les attaques de Chapdelaine ont rarement été dominantes, mais il est certainement un meilleur coordonnateur offensif que ceux que nous avons.  Par ailleurs, il a eu un certain succès à faire progresser de jeunes quarts-arrières (Pierce, Lulay, Reilly).  Il a par contre une relative difficulté à faire progresser son attaque à mesure que la saison avance.

Est-ce qu'il serait un bon entraîneur-chef?  Lorsqu'il s'est agi de succéder à Wally Buono, son nom n'a même pas circulé et Benevides a eu le poste.  Chapdelaine n'a jamais bronché.  Par la suite, il a dirigé sans trop de succès l'équipe de l'université Simon Fraser avant de se retrouver cette saison chez les Roughriders.  Je me souviens qu'il ait été passé en entrevue en janvier 2013 pour succéder à Trestman et il avait alors refusé le poste.  Je vois difficilement pourquoi ça l'inétresserait davantage maintenant.

D'autre part, il est établi dans l'Ouest depuis de nombreuses années, aussi je doute qu'il serait intéressé à venir travailler à 5 000 km de sa maison.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

idealsheldon

Chapdelaine was at one time a my way or the highway type of guy, very inflexible. I believe like all coaches he has changed somewhat over the years. He might not want to come east to be an assistant, but I think all assistants aspire to be a head coach. Two interesting assistant coaches working with him in Sask. are Jermaine Copeland (receivers) and Avon Cobourne (RBs).

I would at least interview him.

okie

Seems like most of the other teams are just going with the backup QB for the final game.  Looks like the Als are starting Glenn instead of taking another look at Bridge or Boone.  Guess it is a must-win game for the organization.

RichardVeilleux

I do hope that Kevin Glenn plays,at least for a quarter or so, but it was said on RDS-yesterday,I think- that Kevin would not be playing. Boone,Bridge and even Boyd should all be playing,again according to RDS.

Not related to QBs, but some players won't play,due in part to injuries. Amongst these players are: Luc Brodeur-Jourdain,Michael Klassen,Henoc Muamba and Nik Lewis.

For the past days or so, Herb has written that Noel Thorpe contract will expire at the end of the season; tonight,he writes that Jim Popp told him that Noel Thorpe is signed for the upcoming season.

Richard

GHT120

Quote from: "RichardVeilleux"
... For the past days or so, Herb has written that Noel Thorpe contract will expire at the end of the season; tonight,he writes that Jim Popp told him that Noel Thorpe is signed for the upcoming season.

Richard

Maybe a club option, or an unannounced extension; or Herb just got it wrong because it played into his Als in disarray narrative.

idealsheldon

Team announced Brandon Bridge will start Sunday. I think we are all curious to see how he will perform.

As for a 2016 QB I guess they`ll cross that bridge when they come to it.

HfxTC

Team announced Brandon Bridge will start Sunday. I think we are all curious to see how he will perform.

As for a 2016 QB I guess they`ll cross that bridge when they come to it.

This is the kind of stuff I hate. People pay good money for their tickets. They've seen mostly shiatshows at home this season. At least play the best frackin lineup you can. This is so frackin disrespectful to fans.

okie

Riders are treating the game like preseason scrimmage, so the Als might as well do the same.  Take a look and see if there is anybody with potential.  Team needs to take advantage of every opportunity it can find to determine who should be back for 2016.

Users Online

52 Guests, 1 User (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
AlsPal, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 139. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)