GHT120

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
Quote from: "MadJack"
Yet another reject from another team being touted as the next big thing.

and a reject from two teams at that. . .

Yep. Enjoy the ride to franchise bankruptcy within a few years. Wheee!!!

D&P I recognize and sympathize with your frustration, but you are sounding like an ex-spouse so bitter they would criticize curing cancer as putting research scientists out of work.

It saddens me to see/feel/infer your pain but even more to no longer feel better informed after reading your posts.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

GHT120

Quote from: "MadJack"
Yet another reject from another team being touted as the next big thing.

and a reject from two teams at that. . .

Traded from one team and released by another that has shown less QB judgement than the Als, so may easily have missed something.  See no reason to get upset over a possible 2016 TC project.

idealsheldon

And Timothy`s endorsement of a QB not named Cato has to count for something!
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

MadJack

Quote from: "GHT120"
See no reason to get upset over a possible 2016 TC project.

Oh I'm not upset in the least.

Just not expecting much from this guy; we have to keep looking.

okie

I suspect that what happened is Popp put Boyd on the Als neg list when he was released by the Bombers.  So these past 2 days, he was taking a look to see whether Boyd is worth signing or inviting to next year's minicamp.

Niagara Als

Travis had been on the Lions' radar for some time prior to joining the club in 2009 as he attempted to crack the lineup of the Seattle Seahawks.

A smart and athletic pivot whose game is perfectly suited for the CFL, Travis attended the Lions' free agent camp in Portland, Oregon in the spring of 2009. Soon after his impressive performance there, he was signed to a contract and made the Lions roster coming out of training camp.

It appears that I was right with respect the Lions picking up Lulay at their free agent camp in 2009. As the above note indicates, BC did some scouting of Lulay before his tryout with the Seahawks. This is an example of a good CFL team scouting NCAA players during their university careers. When the Seahawks cut Lulay, BC having scouted him in his NCAA days, immediately picked him up. I do hope Popp and his staff do look at the type of QB that might not be drafted by the NFL- perhaps some of the smaller athletes or, those universities that are not in the top NCAA tier whose QBs may miss the NFL draft.
The notion of the Als hosting a free agent QB try out is an interesting one. I'm certain there are many NCAA types who just believe that the NFL wrongly ignored them in their draft. A free agent QB camp would likely attract tons of QBs who feel they have the wherewithall to compete for a shot at the pros. Tajh Boyd the most recent Als potential QB evidently has a short stature which would very likely mean the NFL will dismiss any attempt of his to compete in their league.

okie

Rick Moffat said today the Boyd has not yet signed, but he thinks it will get done.  

He also noted that Cato's "Post-concussion symptoms have gotten worse this week" which is what he basically said last week as well.

Johnny all charm and class

Quote from: "okie"
Rick Moffat said today the Boyd has not yet signed, but he thinks it will get done.  

He also noted that Cato's "Post-concussion symptoms have gotten worse this week" which is what he basically said last week as well.

Ouch! Not looking good for Cato's long term health. To have such a big concussion and its related symptoms this early in his career, is worrisome. The next concussion is always worse than the last and is easier to get. Maybe he won't have that long of a career.  :(  

Niagara Als

Re: Another Day, Another QB

New postby okie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:23 pm

I believe Boyd is/will be on the practice team.

GHT120

Quote from: "Niagara Als"
Re: Another Day, Another QB

New postby okie » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:23 pm

I believe Boyd is/will be on the practice team.

$42.50 a day (??? ish  :lol: ) is a hefty commitment by JP

idealsheldon

Herb Zurkowsky ?@HerbZurkowsky1  4h4 hours ago
#Als have a fifth QB on the field today. I'm assuming it's Tajh Boyd.

okie

Boyd and Jonathan Mincy (DB from Auburn) were added today to the PR.  I forgot exactly where, but there was an article that said Boyd was released from the Bombers due to some incident that happened at a bar.

idealsheldon

Herb had reported it:

"He graduated having produced school and conference records for passing yards (11,904) and touchdowns (107). He was on Hamilton’s negotiation list, then signed with Winnipeg last Sept. 12, lasting only a month with the Blue Bombers before being released – involved in a bar incident according to a source."

Hopefully he wasn`t hitting anyone with a bar.

Which reminds me:

A QB walks into a bar and sees a sign that reads:

Cheese Sandwich: $1.50
Chicken Sandwich: $2.50
Hand Job: $10.00

He checks his wallet and beckons to the sexy bartender.

"Are you the one who gives the hand jobs?" he asks.

"Yes," she purrs. "I am."

"Well, wash your frickin' hands," says the QB "I want a cheese sandwich!"

Johnny all charm and class

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Herb had reported it:

"He graduated having produced school and conference records for passing yards (11,904) and touchdowns (107). He was on Hamilton’s negotiation list, then signed with Winnipeg last Sept. 12, lasting only a month with the Blue Bombers before being released – involved in a bar incident according to a source."

Hopefully he wasn`t hitting anyone with a bar.

Which reminds me:

A QB walks into a bar and sees a sign that reads:

Cheese Sandwich: $1.50
Chicken Sandwich: $2.50
Hand Job: $10.00

He checks his wallet and beckons to the sexy bartender.

"Are you the one who gives the hand jobs?" he asks.

"Yes," she purrs. "I am."

"Well, wash your frickin' hands," says the QB "I want a cheese sandwich!"

Sheldon, you just gave Johnny the best laugh of the day with that joke!  :thup:

idealsheldon

The Tiger Cats  have signed Mitchell Gale, the 3rd year QB the Argos released a few weeks ago. At the time I thought he might be someone the Als would be interested in.

It will be interesting to follow his development.

Users Online

112 Guests, 18 Users (19 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
brianjoxx, ArgoT, FootbalYouBet, mycko75, papazoola, The Last Word, ExPat, Grover, riders78, alphamale111, RedandWhite, TravelPat1, Evil Doctor, Lennywasout, heapbag, letsgoticats, Sidney, Yahoo!, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 160. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)