QQ One-Nine

This is inspired by a thread on the main CFL from several weeks ago that asked what the various teams did to stay in the spotlight during the off-season.

We know that the RedBlacks have visited a bunch of schools. Last night was "Ladies' Night" and that seemed to be pretty successful. And they have a fan picture event on Sunday.

Come on down to TD Place on April 19 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and take part in the REDBLACKS Fan Photo Shoot. Wear your favourite REDBLACKS gear, paint your face, and get ready for some great memories.

REDBLACKS cheerleaders and even Big Joe will be there to pose in the photos with you! If you’re lucky enough, you could be featured in upcoming REDBLACKS advertising and/or promotions. This could be your big break!

Photos will be taken in the Horticulture Building at TD Place. For more information, please contact 613-232-6767.

They're not hard to keep track of, but let's use this thread to announce other events such as QB Clubs, as well as report back on the experience (for those who attend).
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

QQ One-Nine

Video clip here of the women's night.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... mens-night

They make a big deal of an 85-year old woman catching and throwing. Get a grip. She's not THAT much older than Burris...  :wink:

QQ One-Nine

I should see about taking this in. Heard Mont-Bleu is a sweet little facility.  Nice bone to throw to the Gatineau side, too.  :thup:

The Ottawa REDBLACKS will hold a training-camp scrimmage at the Complexe sportif Mont-Bleu in Gatineau on Thursday, June 18.

It’s the second consecutive year the REDBLACKS have showcased the team’s talent for Gatineau-area fans at Mont-Bleu.

“We had a great experience last year both at the facility and with the fans,” said Marcel Desjardins, general manager of the REDBLACKS. “We’re happy to be able to return this year and showcase the talent of the team to the fans of the Gatineau region and provide an opportunity to get to know the team.”

The team will practice from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by an intra-squad game from 7 to 8:15 p.m. Players and coaches will be available for photos and autographs following the scrimmage.

The Complexe sportif Mont-Bleu is located at in the Hull sector at 389 Cité-des-Jeunes Blvd.

“Our fans in Gatineau were an integral part of our success last year and we are grateful for that support,” said Jeff Hunt, President of Sports with the Ottawa Sports & Entertainment Group.

ride80

It's alright.  Nice field though.  

I went last year and you can say all you want about throwing Gatineau a bone. Not everyone picked it up.  The stands weren't full (seats around 1900 people for Les Griffons de CEGEP L'Outaouais) and for those there, a lot were from Ottawa.

slimjim

Quote from: "ride80"

I went last year and you can say all you want about throwing Gatineau a bone. Not everyone picked it up.  The stands weren't full (seats around 1900 people for Les Griffons de CEGEP L'Outaouais) and for those there, a lot were from Ottawa.

Yep,  it's like the Senators holding a practice in Gatineau,  the people showing up would be from Ottawa or Anglos that live on the Quebec side.   Most Quebecers are Canadiens and Als fans, not saying that you can't attract them to an Ottawa game but you will never get them to change allegiance even if you live a stones throw from Ottawa.

QQ One-Nine

I know, but it's a long-term process. You don't stop because it doesn't work right away, like Watters did, or avoid bothering at all, like Glieberman did. That market has to be built from damn hear nothing and it's relatively low-cost, so...

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "slimjim"

Yep,  it's like the Senators holding a practice in Gatineau,  the people showing up would be from Ottawa or Anglos that live on the Quebec side.   Most Quebecers are Canadiens and Als fans, not saying that you can't attract them to an Ottawa game but you will never get them to change allegiance even if you live a stones throw from Ottawa.

What you want is for kids who are becoming fans, or just getting into the sport, to choose your team. It just doesn't happen overnight and it doesn't happen by NOT doing anything to make it happen (aside from the obvious, which is winning a lot).

ride80

True, but a lot of these kids there follow their parents / whomever. In fact there is a group of fans from Gatineau who are seasons ticket holders for the Alouettes and drive there every game.  I only found out last season when one guy said he's seen me before downtown and told me he lives in Gatineau.

There are very few if any Gatineau/Hull/Alymer fans who go for Ottawa ANYTHING.  ITs either the Alouettes or the Canaadiens.  And you can Rouge et Noir it all you want, it'll take at least a generation and a half combined with Ottawa winning and Montreal losing (and losing interest) for fans to change over..

QQ One-Nine

True, but a lot of these kids there follow their parents / whomever. In fact there is a group of fans from Gatineau who are seasons ticket holders for the Alouettes and drive there every game.  I only found out last season when one guy said he's seen me before downtown and told me he lives in Gatineau.

There are very few if any Gatineau/Hull/Alymer fans who go for Ottawa ANYTHING.  ITs either the Alouettes or the Canaadiens.  And you can Rouge et Noir it all you want, it'll take at least a generation and a half combined with Ottawa winning and Montreal losing (and losing interest) for fans to change over..

No doubt. But if you do nothing, then you can take as many generations as you want, you'll probably never accomplish it unless the winning/losing formula you describe is extreme.

I know you're not saying this is a bad idea. And I'm not saying it's going to work miracles. But I do think it's worthwhile. Much like sending players to schools and such. It's not going to happen on its own. You're right, it might take a couple of decades, but you still need to do the work to get there.

The Sens example works here too. If we assume that all kids follow dad's lead, then the Sens would have no fans because most hockey fans already had an allegiance. I don't think if you run a team, you can think like that.

QQ One-Nine

I was reminded of this when I saw the threads about bringing back the Rough Rider look.  It's the various themes for each home game this year:

Saturday, July 4 - Home Opener Extravaganza – BC Lions vs. REDBLACKS at 6 p.m.

Friday, July 17 - Purolator Tackle Hunger Weekend - Edmonton Eskimos vs. REDBLACKS at 7 p.m.

Friday, July 24 - Green Weekend - Calgary Stampeders vs. REDBLACKS at 7 p.m.

Friday, August 7 - Lumber Jack & Jill Night - Montreal Alouettes vs. REDBLACKS at 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, August 30 - Kids Club Day - Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. REDBLACKS at 4 p.m.

Saturday, September 26 - I (HEART) Football - Toronto Argonauts vs. REDBLACKS at 7 p.m.

Thursday, October 1 - Armed Forces Night - Montreal Alouettes vs. REDBLACKS at 7:30 p.m.

Friday, October 16 - Think PINK Night - Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. REDBLACKS at 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, November 7 - Fan Appreciation Day - Hamilton Tiger-Cats vs. REDBLACKS at 4 p.m.

QQ One-Nine

#RNation, you made the first REDBLACKS road trip of the 2015 CFL season a huge success!

We know the team loved it. And we know you loved it. So we're bringing it back! But this time, we're going bigger and better.

Get even closer to the team and fly with them to Saskatchewan, as they take on the Roughriders on Saturday, September 19.

You'll travel in style on the team's charter flight, just don't nod off or you might be featured in one of Jovon Johnson's sleepytime Instagram posts.

Once in Regina, you'll stay at the Radisson hotel with the team and the night before the game, you'll dine with the players and coaching staff. What else could you want?

A ticket to the game, maybe? Of course that is also included, though that may be the furthest you'll be from the team all weekend.

Make sure to cheer loud! Riderville is home to the CFL's second most passionate fans.

For more information or to reserve your spot for this exclusive #RNation experience click here or call 613-232-6767.

Man...Wonder what they're charging for this one.

noback

$1000 each for flight,  accommodations and ticket to the game  :wink:
Southsiders Rule --- North Side Still Sucks!

QQ One-Nine

Quote from: "noback"
$1000 each for flight,  accommodations and ticket to the game  :wink:

Oh yeah. I thought that the "click here" link was for an e-mail address.

Sounds like a hell of a fan experience. Are you in, noback?

QQ One-Nine

From Twitter:

Hey Rnation! Next QBClub will be (at) TheSenateTavern Aug 27 7-8pm featuring special guests Henry Burris & Brad Sinopoli

slimjim

Users Online

117 Guests, 7 Users (8 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
raymarkca, Chestmaster, Blue_Dragoon, FormerlyTurkish, Rick16, Sidney, Yahoo!, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 300. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)