72er

Hi, Ti-Cat fan here will be cheering hard for a Stamps victory tonight. Not only because I hate the Eggos, but because I respect Calgary. Gonna be rough without Cornish and Lewis but best of luck tonight!

Oskee Wee Wee

MrLucky

Quote from: "72er"
Hi, Ti-Cat fan here will be cheering hard for a Stamps victory tonight. Not only because I hate the Eggos, but because I respect Calgary. Gonna be rough without Cornish and Lewis but best of luck tonight!

Oskee Wee Wee

I've said it in other posts, but I'll say it again ... not with our depth!  :rockin:

People keep underestimating the Stamps ... "so in so is hurt now, so the stamps will lose".  I have said right since the end of last year, I like what we did in the off season.  I like our Depth (a lot of it a carry over from last year).  I like the "team concept" that Huffer is pushing.  Underestimate these Stampeders at your own peril!  Make no bones about it, WE are the team to beat ... despite our record and the present standings.  Saskatchewan is about to be 8 -2 or 9 -1 (they have winnipeg the next two weeks).  I'm more than happy to let them "brag" about their "amazing" team.  :roll:  We'll see what happens when they meet us again and when they met us in the playoffs.  Their own coach said he "designed this team to beat the Calgary Stampeders".  That in itself is an acknowledgement that we are the better team.

I'm happy to "ride out" the season in second place.  Let other teams keep talking smack about how wonderful they are.  I'm content to sit back and keep winning football games and continually improving.  :wink:

:cowboy:

Deanjo

Quote from: "MrLucky"
Their own coach said he "designed this team to beat the Calgary Stampeders".  That in itself is an acknowledgement that we are the better team.

You have a funny way of interpreting things.  When a team is designed to beat another team it implies that the designed team is the better.  You don't design an inferior team to beat another.

RedandWhite

That in itself is an acknowledgement that we are the better team.

...I don't agree with this statement either...I believe what Chamblin meant was he took around the west, recognized the stamps as the biggest threat to the riders and designed a team to address that threat...I disagree with your interpretation too Dean in that the 'design' doesn't automatically make them the better team, it's the execution that does, and so far these teams are pretty evenly matched...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it\'s all dark.

Deanjo

Quote from: "RedandWhite"
That in itself is an acknowledgement that we are the better team.

...I don't agree with this statement either...I believe what Chamblin meant was he took around the west, recognized the stamps as the biggest threat to the riders and designed a team to address that threat...I disagree with your interpretation too Dean in that the 'design' doesn't automatically make them the better team, it's the execution that does, and so far these teams are pretty evenly matched...

In Chamberlins mind he created a team to beat Calgary.  That is very different then him saying that Calgary is the better team, just that he sees the Stamps as the main competition this year.  If a person needs a 10 foot ladder to reach a roof he doesn't design a 6 foot ladder.

RedandWhite

...Thank you for basically agreeing with what I said

MrLucky

Deanjo, RedandWhite;

We are ALL saying the same thing.  We all just say it a different way (getting caught up in the "wordsmithing").  To me if your design a ladder to get to the height of 10 feet, because your six foot ladder wasn't big enough it's the same as saying "hey we are playing at Winnipeg's level (sorry I couldn't resist  :lol: ) and we need to play at Calgary's level, so we need to design our team to beat the better team."  To me that is an admission that we are the better team.  

Really it's tomato vs Tomato

Deanjo

To me that is an admission that we are the better team.  

No it means you were the better team until he designed the new one (in his mind) to beat what was the better team.

Tense means everything. There is no doubt that last year, you were the better team.

MrLucky

Quote from: "Deanjo"
No it means you were the better team until he designed the new one (in his mind) to beat what was the better team.

Tense means everything. There is no doubt that last year, you were the better team.

And based on the standings right now ... we ARE the better team this year as well!  :lol:

I guess Chamberlain had go back to the drawing board and design a better "ladder"!  :wink:

RedandWhite

Deanjo

Ummm, mission accomplished.  Who's the better team again?

fahq

You show your worth as a human being kicking us when we are down. I hope you get exactly what you deserve.

Deanjo

Quote from: "fahq"

You show your worth as a human being kicking us when we are down. I hope you get exactly what you deserve.

Hey Chamberlin set out to design a team to beat the stamps and that is exactly what they did.  The stamps were the best team in the west (like I said a few months back).

kasps

Zero class, typical Rider fan!! Stamps will be solid again next year. Sorry guys .Bomber fans were pulling for the Stamps today. !!!!

Deanjo

Quote from: "kasps"

Zero class, typical Rider fan!! Stamps will be solid again next year. Sorry guys .Bomber fans were pulling for the Stamps today. !!!!

Facts are facts.  

I guess Chamberlain had go back to the drawing board and design a better "ladder"!

To me that is an admission that we are the better team.

I disagree with your interpretation too Dean in that the 'design' doesn't automatically make them the better team, it's the execution that does

we ARE the better team this year as well! :lol:

In the end, there was the better team on the field and it wasn't Calgary.

Users Online

159 Guests, 13 Users (9 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
AlsPal, Aerial, bobo82, Mark, -Hammer-, blackandgld, raymarkca, TeddyFay, drummer_god, Clawed2bitz, Google (8), Baidu

Most Online Today: 268. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)