Gridiron Guru

This Bo Levi kid reminds me a lot of a young Jeff Garcia- His strong arm, with his confidence, with his scrambling-

He looks like a PRO out there, a real promising career--

I think next season that CALGARY will protect BO LEVI and leave TATE unprotected in the expansion draft- Cause BO will be selected by OTTAWA if they leave him-- TATE is not durable, plus I dont think he is anywhere as good as BO anyway.

GernB

Quote from: "Gridiron Guru"

I think next season that CALGARY will protect BO LEVI and leave TATE unprotected in the expansion draft- Cause BO will be selected by OTTAWA if they leave him-- TATE is not durable...

I was thinking along those lines, too. Tate always seems to be getting hurt, and Glenn is always bailing the Stamps out, maybe they should give him a real shot. Mitchell looks like an up-and-comer. They could always move Sinopoli back to third string if they wanted to. But he looks like he could stick as a receiver.

MrLucky

That's kind of what I was thinking as well ... Tate and Glenn unprotected ... BLM Protected and Sinipoli is a receiver ....

After the draft we lose Tate/Glenn (If I remember correctly teams can only lose one QB to the draft), BLM is number 1 or 2 and Sinipoli goes back to 3rd qb/receiver.

We end up with either;
Tate (1)
BLM (2)
Sin (3)

OR

BLM (1 or 2)
Glenn (1 or 2)
Sin (3)

:cowboy:

Gridiron Guru

Yes guys I agree--

BLM has the most potential and he will have been in Calgary for 2 full seasons, and next year would be his 3rd season- Sounds a lot like the Aaron Rogers or Travis Lulay situation-

BLM has really impressed- He is decisive where he wants to throw the ball- He looks like he BELONGS -- He can read the defense, has really good TOUCH on his passes- He can run very well-

He can also hit the intermediate passes like he did vs MONTREAL-

He looks like a young JEFF GARCIA< he actually in stature looks identical to JAKE PLUMMER formerly of the NFL-

I really think this guy has a great future-

I am not impressed with TATE because as you CALGARY fans will agree- TATE cannot hit the middle of the field too much and seems to focus on the wideouts more- NICK LEWIS was invisible in the middle of the field- GLENN uses the middle way more and uses the wideouts way less- Tate is a NFL style QB- they prefer the wideouts, but in the CFL to win you need to attack the middle of the field with your SLOTBACKS--

Realisticallly I have seen TATE vs top competition in the WEST and he just doesent look big enough to play- He reminds me of PIERCE- HE cannot stand in the pocket and take the hits-

Plus TATE cannot run that fast either-

BLM and Glenn as the backup would be CGY's best bet- They would likely have the best young QB in the CFL- With DIckenson, CORNISH, PRICE and WEST and other young wideouts like PARKER and SINOPLI I can see CGY winning a grey cup in the next 2 to 3 years for sure-

FWIW I think BLM is going to be much better than LULAY.

Gridiron Guru

WOW  BO LEVI sure looked like JEFF GARCIA out there- He had complete control of the offense and looked really sharp out there-
He is extremely knowledgeable--

You heard it here first- He will attract NFL interest at this rate- This guy is a player

kasps

Quote from: "Gridiron Guru"
WOW  BO LEVI sure looked like JEFF GARCIA out there- He had complete control of the offense and looked really sharp out there-
He is extremely knowledgeable--

You heard it here first- He will attract NFL interest at this rate- This guy is a player

Calgary should keep him over Tate and Glenn, has a bullet arm and will only get better !

Stampeder67

Go Bo!!!

I wouldn't assume Ottawa will take Tate, unless they need a paper weight for the bench. Hell maybe they go after Pierce too and have book ends.

Billy_Soup

Quote from: "MrLucky"
That's kind of what I was thinking as well ... Tate and Glenn unprotected ... BLM Protected and Sinipoli is a receiver ....

After the draft we lose Tate/Glenn (If I remember correctly teams can only lose one QB to the draft), BLM is number 1 or 2 and Sinipoli goes back to 3rd qb/receiver.

We end up with either;
Tate (1)
BLM (2)
Sin (3)

OR

BLM (1 or 2)
Glenn (1 or 2)
Sin (3)

:cowboy:

Based on all I have read, and what I think, I doubt Sinopli ever goes back to QB.  He is doing great as a reciever and can carve out a really good career at that position. At QB he'll always be behind the 8-ball.

As for who you should protect, I would agree. Never been a Tate fan, and while Glenn is more than capable to lead a team he will never be that all-star that you want.
Go Riders Go
Go Huskies Go
I Bleed Green

Gridiron Guru

It is possible that BO LEVI will be the starter for the STAMPS this season--- He is really good and HUFFNAGEL will play the HOT QB-- He did it with TATE and shipped BURRIS out of town--

BO LEVI is just a better player than GLENN and TATE--

TATE in actuality has accomplished nothing in the CFL and is not made for the CFL- TATE is a NFL style QB- he throws too many passes to the wideouts-- He does not have the toughness to play QB--

I would say there is a good chance that BO BECOMES the guy this season-

GernB

As much as I think that Mitchell will be a top quarterback someday soon...it's been one game, and against a lousy team. Better not sell the farm until he's proven himself against the likes of SK and BC, and given their performance tonight, Toronto. Go with Tate until he plays himself out of the position. Basically, it's just too soon to tell with Mitchell.

cflsteve

Mitchell may be just like a young Jeff Garcia. That also means that he has gotten may have the chance to hit the field as a starter at a very young age and also could very well draw a lot of NFL attention. Out of all of the younger back ups in the CFL he is the one that has a great chance to be an NFL starter just like Garcia. Most have already gone through the NFL for 3 years or so and have exhausted there options.
Collaros is another but I dont think he has the ability that Mitchell has.

ziegmund

Mitchell has lots of potential and looks poised already, but let's not go so far as say he is the next coming of Jeff Garcia quite yet. Either Tate or Glenn should be back next season to mentor him further (assuming Ottawa chooses one of them in expansion draft). He will certainly get more playing time in the #2 slot than #3 next year.

cflsteve

Bo Levi is still very young and did not have to spend any time out of college in NFL TC, NFL PR, CFL 4th QB. He jumped right in and handled short yardage very unusual for a true NCAA rookie right out of University.
With some of the terrible looking QBs in the NFL that are actually getting to start going the Playing time route in the CFL instead of the waiting 4 year route in the NFL he could get a real shot at about age 26 or so

CROOKEDRIDER1971

Good luck with the QB situation in Cow Town.
[size=150]RIDER NATION in Cowtown[/size]

cflsteve

Quote from: "cflsteve"
Bo Levi is still very young and did not have to spend any time out of college in NFL TC, NFL PR, CFL 4th QB. He jumped right in and handled short yardage very unusual for a true NCAA rookie right out of University.
With some of the terrible looking QBs in the NFL that are actually getting to start going the Playing time route in the CFL instead of the waiting 4 year route in the NFL he could get a real shot at about age 26 or so

I think this is exactly the reason why Mitchell and Garcia are being compared.
Garcia in doing so was the last CFL QB to make a successful jump to the NFL.
During the period inbetween there was NFLE, a Better Arena Football League, and the current practice roster set up which comes with a 6 digit pay check for a whole season.
NFLE was dropped by the new Commish, The Arena League had to be re branded, The UFL had a short stint.
While all that was going on the CFL has stabilized and back to being the best option other than the NFL.

Users Online

146 Guests, 15 Users (11 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, papazoola, sully, alphamale111, Wumper, FenderGuy69, RougeMe, JerkFaceLoser, Chewbaca1973, mycko75, Mista_Patel56, Sidney, RichardVeilleux, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 193. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)