Ottawa_Rough_Riders

Yeah baby, THE BIG WHITE R IS BACK. Thank you, Jeff Hunt and  OSEG.  You've been listening. They are even bringing in Russ Jackson and Tony Gabriel to kick things off. I had suggested these two as team ambassadors a while back, so they are paying attention. I'll be there with my #18 Jeff Avery 1981 Grey Cup worn jersey. WOOOOHOOOO !!!! :cowboy:
Knock Em Cold, In the Cold ! (Jack Gotta circa 1973)

taylorfield

Quote from: "Ottawa_Rough_Riders"
Yeah baby, THE BIG WHITE R IS BACK. Thank you, Jeff Hunt and  OSEG.  You've been listening. They are even bringing in Russ Jackson and Tony Gabriel to kick things off. I had suggested these two as team ambassadors a while back, so they are paying attention. I'll be there with my #18 Jeff Avery 1981 Grey Cup worn jersey. WOOOOHOOOO !!!! :cowboy:
Nice logo with the vintage R :thup:
I remember that 81 Cup game; interesting to watch. Great comeback by Edmonton I recon.

EdTheArgosFan

I'm pumped.

Unfortunately I wasn't invited to the unveiling event (not a PIN holder), but I think the leaked pic looks amazing, the name is unique and fresh (grows on you tremendously).

The stadium is gonna look fantastic.

Ottawa is gonna be a helluva sports town in 3 years.
LET\'S GO REDBLACKS

geoffyguy

Hey hey hey. Nothing is set in stone yet. For all we know, this could be a decoy, leading to the revealing of the real name:Chaperones :).

Love the look and name. Can't wait til next Saturday!

Honey Boo Boo

.... and lookin' fine on these lids! BTW, that's matte grey; not silver!

drummer_god

take that top helmet, add a white cage, and white stripes on both sides of the red stripe, and you've got an instant classic  :wink:

Honey Boo Boo

Can't agree with you on the white face guard on a black helmet, Drummer. I'd hafta' meet you half way and go grey.

But, the stripes look OK!

ruff56

Good work Honey Boo, I'd like to see it on a white helmet myself.

Ottawa_Rough_Riders

I like the top one too. Modern and retro at the same time.

Honey Boo Boo

Looks a little too Montreal Concorde-y! And white lids look brutal with black jerseys.... which I'm hoping the team'll go with!

ruff56

Quote from: "Honey Boo Boo"

Looks a little too Montreal Concorde-y! And white lids look brutal with black jerseys.... which I'm hoping the team'll go with!

Now that I see it, I have to agree with you. Thanks for doing it. Looking forward to the unveiling today.

JensROSE09

I like the logo. But hate the name. They'll always be the Rough Riders to me. Go Rough Riders!

QQ One-Nine

I hate the name, but I went to the event and it was terrific.  People wall-to-wall, they had kids fro the youth clubs on stage with Rough Riders alumni (including a guy I was dying to meet, Alex Saunders.  I believe he played in the 40's.  Wow).

If you avoided this in fear that RedBlacks would be the name then congratulations, you've just kicked yourself in the nuts.  I don't think there's ever been such a celebration of Ottawa football, even when the Grey Cup game was last here.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

ruff56

The RedBlacks are only a Grey Cup away from everybody loving their name. Well, not fans of the teams that they beat!

Ottawa_Rough_Riders

Just got back from the ceremony, had my 1981 Grey Cup #18 and #65 game worn jerseys signed by Tony Gabriel, Mark Cohon, Mike Sutherland, Jeff Hunt , I already had Russ Jackson's, Whit Tucker's, and Bruce Walker's autographs. I'm going to have to frame this thing before something happens to it. LOL ! They handed out these cool little footballs with the RedBlacks logo. I have to say, I really like the logo. I can't wait to see the uniforms and the helmet. I got myself a hat too. Time to retire my Renegades stuff. The ceremony had a real Rough Riders feel to it. Tony Gabriel is a real gentleman, first time I've met him.

Users Online

125 Guests, 14 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
JerkFaceLoser, RBFan2014, TravelPat1, Lyle B. Style, bohdon, Wumper, rpaege, aulcee, Mark, raymarkca, ArgoT, bedrock, Iconic SR, Yahoo!, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 236. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)