wanker

Either he is afraid to run, phsycially cannot run or has been told not to run. He clearly is not a pocket passer, reads are slow, no quick release. His only success in this league were in the years where he actually moved. Going on 0 wins 11 losses in a row for Zac.

CLEVELAND NORTH

Crash

Either he is afraid to run, phsycially cannot run or has been told not to run. He clearly is not a pocket passer, reads are slow, no quick release. His only success in this league were in the years where he actually moved. Going on 0 wins 11 losses in a row for Zac.

CLEVELAND NORTH
Danny Mac wouldn't have a quick enough release for this OLine.

Defense_Rules

CLEVELAND NORTH
He never steps up in the pocket, just backpedals or turtles!

wanker

Danny Mac would get the ball off, that was his game, it is not Zac's game clearly

ArgoT

Granted this not the same Collaros as with the Argos and during his MOP run, however in fairness the O line is horrid.
There were 5 sacks today and count em at least 11 hurries, he had no chance back there.

seamack3

How's this Collaros guy going to speed up his reads and pick up his game when he's busy filming with Brodie Lawson and answering the '20 Questions for Zach'?  You know, important fluff like first concert and favourite celebrity crush... must be nice being the highest paid QB and having such a loyal head coach while sporting a zero win season.

PatLynch

Collaros is running for his life back there. More screens and draws/shovel passes would help. Good teams run them regularly. The Oline needs help at centre. I don't know if Filer is playing hurt but he seldom gets downfield and is often beaten at the line.  I wonder if the Cats have considered using Gable and Scheurman in the same backfield and maybe sitting Tyms.  The bottom line is if you can't protect your quarterback, you can't win.

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Tipper

8)  According to Rick Zamperin on the 5th Quarter last night,  Brandon Revenberg  is not playing 
     very well this year either !!

HfxTC

CLEVELAND NORTH
That's crazy talk. Your running back averaged 1.7 yards per carry last night. This offense has all kinds of problems. Protection, scheme, talent, coaching. Take your pick.
 Of the 12 starters, there are only 3 pieces worth keeping. ZC,Bomben and Tasker. I wouldn't even keep Gable and start fresh. Use the rest of this blown season as a tryout for next spring.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Crash

CLEVELAND NORTH
That's crazy talk. Your running back averaged 1.7 yards per carry last night. This offense has all kinds of problems. Protection, scheme, talent, coaching. Take your pick.
 Of the 12 starters, there are only 3 pieces worth keeping. ZC,Bomben and Tasker. I wouldn't even keep Gable and start fresh. Use the rest of this blown season as a tryout for next spring.
As i said before the season.... we don't scare anybody.

mr62cats

June Jones and Kent Austin are both pass-happy Run and Shoot guys. But as we saw last night, unless you have an O-line that can protect the QB, that approach is going nowhere.
There is no purpose to the offence....the play calling is haphazard. They tried some short yardage screens and slants to help Zach but then got away from that.
 Gable came up with a good run last night....but after that he rarely got the ball. Aultman (who looks like a great find) was out of the picture except for that great 29 yard play in the first half. After that, as I recall we never saw him with the ball again until he was used on a punt return ...where he did OK. So here we have two guys who are more than ready to play...but rarely get the ball. Thank goodness for Luke Tasker and Saunders. But they can't do it all. Whatever changes that were made to the offence since June Jones arrived did not not work. It's not all on Collaros.

Grover

Collaros is running for his life back there. More screens and draws/shovel passes would help. Good teams run them regularly. The Oline needs help at centre. I don't know if Filer is playing hurt but he seldom gets downfield and is often beaten at the line.  I wonder if the Cats have considered using Gable and Scheurman in the same backfield and maybe sitting Tyms.  The bottom line is if you can't protect your quarterback, you can't win.

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
I fully agree Pat, But, those plays are not part of the "Austin" Offence,
An Oline that never gets to "Run Block" and the Defence knows it, will always bull rush them.
The Oline doesn't stand a chance.
Having Prime, Gable and Scheurman protecting Collaros is a pretty good looking scenario.
Oh Wait, Putting 2 Running Backs and a FB in the backfield in an Offence that has absolutely no threat or intention to run the ball still will not work.
Maybe, just maybe, the answer to taking heat off the QB and Oline is to establish a run game.

IMHO, Collaros' confidence is shattered, he has now officially become the Drew Willy of 2017.  :-\

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

DisplacedCatsFan

CLEVELAND NORTH
He never steps up in the pocket, just backpedals or turtles!
What is this magical "pocket" of which you speak?
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

tabbyfan

Can't expect the O-line to hold a pass rush for 5 minutes while bimbo bounces around with happy feet wondering where he is going to throw the ball.  As soon as the O-line bends back into the horse shoe ZC is off and running out of the pocket.  He needs to sit his ass on the bench for at least 2 games; if he were a back up he would be cut but H has invested 500K in him and we are stuck.

In the immortal words on the Maple Leaf fans "Over rated and over paid".

Crash

Can't expect the O-line to hold a pass rush for 5 minutes while bimbo bounces around with happy feet wondering where he is going to throw the ball.  As soon as the O-line bends back into the horse shoe ZC is off and running out of the pocket.  He needs to sit his ass on the bench for at least 2 games; if he were a back up he would be cut but H has invested 500K in him and we are stuck.

In the immortal words on the Maple Leaf fans "Over rated and over paid".
The only horseshoe I've seen is defenders on the left...right and centre...

Users Online

73 Guests, 1 User (8 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PTBO Dave, Yahoo!, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 119. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)