Mightygoose

How would a one division format ensure folding of ALL of the 4 eastern teams?

Even in a single table and if ALL of the eastern team were in the bottom, there would still be one making the playoffs. Plus in most cases, the 7th or in some years the 8th seed will still be in contention until the end. Once you're in you're in...any given Sunday from there. The number of fans who would tune out after Labour Day would be no different than it is now.

Worst case scenario, all of the eastern teams fold and have them start up a new league where there would be a champion emerging every year....maybe they can even challenge for the Grey Cup  ;)

Abendschan

A one-division league and the entire east division goes bankrupt. No point in fielding teams at all.
Here we are, not even 2 months into the season, and all the eastern teams would be essentially eliminated from post-season contention. It's like this every year. Fans of eastern teams would tune right out. Fold 4 teams. great thinking.
Agreed with you drummer, East Div./West Division is best and traditional too!  
Empire Stadium Nov. 1st 1970  Autographed - Jack Abendschan

Aerial

I agree that it keeping it basically as is does sell more tickets in cities where they would be out of it by now.   I can buy that.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Users Online

119 Guests, 16 Users (17 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PrideLivesHere, Grover, Count Floyd, DavidThompson, RedandWhite, ExPat, Wumper, bobo82, Mightygoose, AlsPal, letsgoticats, mycko75, LeBird, RougeMe, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)