cats99

0-7 look in the mirror have some pride left play hard and win game by game one week at a time rebuild now

Onemoredork

http://www.tsn.ca/1.828019.1502484167
TSN: CFL Topic today

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/08/08/johnny-manziel-has-looked-into-gig-with-cfl-team
Sun Newspaper Aug 8th

Very Interesting proposition ?!$
Great article by Naylor.
Manziel might flame out or he might not. Collaros may need to be replaced or he might not. Collaros and Manziel might be great and having two great QBs is great or they might not.
Got me convinced. sign him up Kent.

Beam reach

Future post...... "Johnny Football released by Ti-Cats ,Austin quote -He needs to learn to be a Teammate "

bobo82

Ahhhhhhhhhhh , Noooooooooooo !!! to Johnny Moronziel.........
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

of course

Manziel will never play in Hamilton while Austin and Collaros are here, but I still think we will eventually, 100% trade his rights to Toronto...a team with a perpetually injured Ricky Ray, no QB talent behind Ray (Jeff Matthews didn't show much during his first Argo start against Montreal), and the need to create a buzz by signing a "marquee name," a move designed to consequently increase lagging attendance.

Popp would do this trade...so would Austin.  But would I wonder if Trestman would veto it, citing that he doesn't want a new QB with Manziel's character issues?

6ft6ofgoodness

While I usually agree with TSN's Dave Naylor's CFL analysis, I completely disagree with it here.  Manziel has many personal issues he has to resolve before he can be either a CFL or NFL quarterback, and I don't want Hamilton to give him that opportunity.  Manzeil's a head case.  We've got an excellent quarterback here in Hamilton already with Collaros.  I want the Cats to improve the offensive line, so Collaros can play confidently knowing he has more than enough time to get rid of the football, instead of thinking he has to quickly make a play before he gets sacked.

As mentioned previous, trade Manziel's rights to another team for a first round pick that can be used to draft a high end offensive line prospect from U-Sports.

oski-oui-oui

While I usually agree with TSN's Dave Naylor's CFL analysis, I completely disagree with it here.  Manziel has many personal issues he has to resolve before he can be either a CFL or NFL quarterback, and I don't want Hamilton to give him that opportunity.  Manzeil's a head case.  We've got an excellent quarterback here in Hamilton already with Collaros.  I want the Cats to improve the offensive line, so Collaros can play confidently knowing he has more than enough time to get rid of the football, instead of thinking he has to quickly make a play before he gets sacked.

As mentioned previous, trade Manziel's rights to another team for a first round pick that can be used to draft a high end offensive line prospect from U-Sports.
Basically this. The head case part in particular. Not a fan of "domestic abuser" hints or fumes when it comes to entering a professional sports context where the program is in turmoil. Just stating.
Oski Wee Wee,
Russ

Follow me on Twitter -- http://www.twitter.com/Oski_oui_oui

mr62cats

No matter how bad things get in Hamilton, Johnny Football is NOT the answer!. He is a loser both on and off the field.
If any team in the CFL ever decided to hire him it would an embarrassment to the league.

tabbyfan

I think 3 things could happen if he does come up:

1.  The coaches will make it clear that he has a single chance to make it as a mature player; one slip and you are gone.  He takes the opportunity and mends his ways;
2.  He shows he has matured and does well in 2018 as a starter, NFL picks him up and he leaves in 2019 and;
3.  He comes here in Sept. and forces ZC to fight for his job improving ZC.  Manziel doesn't make the 2018 roster and is sent home to obscurity, or he does and the two fight it out for starter.

Really I don't think we have too much to lose and everything to gain; he can easily be cut at little to no cost unlike ZC (not that I want ZC cut).

Users Online

73 Guests, 1 User (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
PTBO Dave, Yahoo!, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 119. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)