ActionNews

Shania Twain will perform at the Grey Cup halftime show in Ottawa. Great Canadian act that i'm sure will be a big hit across the country and around the world to watch the game, especially in the USA.

KevinRiley2

Excellent.  Thank you for the update, my friend.  :)

Aerial

I have always liked her and most of her material.  Excellent.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

ed ohmnes

Excellent choice, and maybe. Trooper next year

raymarkca

That don't impress me much.   Just kidding.   As long as she choose's the right mix of songs.   Please dont sing Your Still the One, or if you want to touch her ask .. etc at a football game fer peat sakes.  Nice songs dont get me wrong just not the right ones for a football crowd.
Life is blog, or maybe it is like a box of chocolates.  Exercise your mind as well as your body.
Warning subject matter may require thinking outside the box.
Visit
http://www.raymark.ca

Vermonter

The Last Word

A nice get by the CFL and the RedBlacks.  Probably the biggest name for a Grey Cup since Bieber in 2012.

KevinRiley2

A nice get by the CFL and the RedBlacks.  Probably the biggest name for a Grey Cup since Bieber in 2012.
And a proud Canadian.

ActionNews

you mean when Bieber took the stage and got booed and Gordon Lightfoot took it from him?

Vermonter

At the very least. It should always be a Canadienne Country Diva.  8)
\":cowboy:\"

depopulationINC

hopefully her lip syncup is better than last go

OskeeweeneeVI

Excellent choice.  A name that is recognizable across most age demographics and most importantly, IMO, a Canadian.

HfxTC

hopefully her lip syncup is better than last go
It was brutal, especially her Up! song. Amazingly enough she got the Super Bowl gig the following year. At least back then *I found her attractive*. ;D Now she kind of looks like my Aunt Ruth.

*remember this is a family site.*
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

PTBO Dave

Anyone else feel it's time to reinvent the halftime attraction for Grey Cups?

The performances, I think, never come off particularly well, and it's been done over and over and over. Does that make it a tradition worth maintaining? I don't know. 

Live performances by favourite artists are now so easily accessible on the Internet, that I think it's lost its lustre. I'm not sure what would be a worthy replacement, though. Perhaps using the halftime airtime to premiere a new song and video by a favourite artist? I'm sure some younger minds would be able to come up with something social-media-related that might grab attention better than shivering singers trudging around stage in their parkas.
Don't tell anyone, but actually I'm Pat, too.

beaglehound

Shania Twain will perform at the Grey Cup halftime show in Ottawa. Great Canadian act that i'm sure will be a big hit across the country and around the world to watch the game, especially in the USA.
Excellent.  I remember her last Grey Cup performance 15 years ago. She was 37 back then and drop dead gorgeous.  I really enjoyed her performance.  At 52 she is still a gorgeous and classy lady!  I'm sure fans will really enjoy her performance.  Well done Ottawa!
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."

Users Online

91 Guests, 10 Users (8 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
batkinson001, Sidney, TeddyFay, FenderGuy69, dcmoses, Lennywasout, hendy77, ed ohmnes, RichardVeilleux, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 172. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)