Crash

Drew is doing a great job stirring the pot.
He didn't do the interview....he only reports what was posted by Sky.
Stop giving Drew such a hard time....you do the job of unbiased reporting.  I has to be tough.  
That's my point - and I agree with Dork. He didn't get or do the interview himself but the headline in the Spec reads something like "Loyalty, issue with Ticats".
Again, this is an emotional coach that was interviewed the day after he was fired. Very easy to stay impartial on a story like that. I also agree with the click bait comment.
I get what 3downation is trying to be, and I love more CFL coverage but no wonder he has back and forth arguments with Kent from time to time. His take on this situation was uncalled for.

catfish

Jeff was a laid back kind of guy that could get emotional very quickly. I think his laid back  attitude got him in trouble on other teams he served on like having a beer in his office after practice. I forget the details of the incident but when your team is struggling laid back is not appreciated by the team sometimes. I think the fact that Will Hill and him are gone will serve the team better in the long run. Just my opinion.  ;)  

stevehvh

Exactly - he didnt do the interview. The biggest recent story on HIS beat and he needs a second hand source for Reinbold's reaction then HE tries to turn into click bait for HIS reports. Then unashamedly continues to recycle it for TSN.
Maybe if he was respected as a football reporter by the team, which he obviously isnt , he could have got an interview with Reinbold and got his own insight , which would be more intimate since he "covers" the team, perhaps a different one and relayed that to readers.

With the exception of maybe BC papers HAM fans are the most uninformed for information beyond the ordinary on their team in the league thanks to Edwards. This is yet another example of HAM fans having to learn things from somewhere else.
Wow - didn't take you long to get back into your groove.

Another possibility:  Reinebold didn't give any interviews to anyone, which would not be surprising given that he just got fired and still had a decision to make, and only spoke on the podcast because that's a regular gig he wants to maintain.
A very plausible scenario, Pat
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

my home team

"That's my point - and I agree with Dork. He didn't get or do the interview himself but the headline in the Spec reads something like "Loyalty, issue with Ticats".
Again, this is an emotional coach that was interviewed the day after he was fired. Very easy to stay impartial on a story like that. I also agree with the click bait comment.
I get what 3downation is trying to be, and I love more CFL coverage but no wonder he has back and forth arguments with Kent from time to time. His take on this situation was uncalled for."

On other hand, Drew's responsibility is NOT to the team, but to the paper and those he is writing for. Many of us can't be and aren't allowed to be there to ask questions, so he is present on our behalf.

The Tiger Cats are 0-7. Tough queries need to made. The team has PR people to state their side.

It is not necessarily good to be adversarial. Conversely, for those supporting this squad and ticket buyers, they're looking for answers. And are entitled to know. Not to everything, mind you.

If you want your supporters and fans to stay with you, to care, to show up, you need to communicate with them.

The reporter is there to assist with that. Just be honest with them. As much as you can.

And treat them as you would a fan standing in front of you asking the same question.

With respect and consideration. I hope.

Users Online

115 Guests, 9 Users (14 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TommyBoy1, Pongetti, blackandgld, CatsFanForLife, Mightygoose, vampiresquid, ExPat, Grover, Google (13), Alexa

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)