mr62cats

I hope Lilley is on a short term contract like June Jones. We don't need any more long term contracts for coaches. Will he also continue to be the linebackers coach?
If Lilly doesn't work out by season's end, Austin needs to replace himself. There is no other option......from what Mitchell and the Caretaker have said it looks like Austin has a lifetime contract no matter what.

Crash

I hope Lilley is on a short term contract like June Jones. We don't need any more long term contracts for coaches. Will he also continue to be the linebackers coach?
If Lilly doesn't work out by season's end, Austin needs to replace himself. There is no other option......from what Mitchell and the Caretaker have said it looks like Austin has a lifetime contract no matter what.
The idea that Austin is here because of his contract is absurd. He's here because Scott Mitchell and Bob young have a tremendous level of respect for him.
It wouldn't be the first time we fired someone with a couple years left on a contract.
If Bob has shown anything it's that he will do anything to make us a successful long term franchise.

Tipper

8)  Come on now....the mans name is Lolley...not Lilley !!    >:(
      Being a TiCat fan for so long you should know who the coaches are man     :-[

ottawacat

To me, this move, making Jeff Reinebold the fall guy, is just disgusting!
Not once, this season, or last season (I didn't look back into previous years), has any team won a CFL game scoring the number of points the offence of this Tiger-Cat team has averaged so far in 2017 (15.3 pts. per game).  Coach Reinebold's successor, I see, will be Philip Lolley.  That's a name I'd never heard before today but I see he's our "Defensive Run Game & Linebackers Coach."  I'm embarrassed I didn't know that.  But now, I do know he's been in charge of allowing other teams' to rush for an average of 104 yds. per game this season. Allowing 70 rushing yds. per game, on average, in the team's first 4 games and then allowing that average to increase by 34 yds. per game, with the 188 by CAL and the 172 by EDM, certainly shouldn't put him in line for a promotion.  During Kent Austin's time in Hamilton, I think the most successful coaches in the organization have been Orlondo Steinauer and Jeff Reinebold.  Yes, J.R. didn't succeed as our short term DC.  But, there were signs of improvement in the last game,  After what he's given to the job, the players, and the fans, over his seasons here, I do not think he deserves this fate.  Certainly not alone.  And, not at this time.  I'm sad for him and wish him well.

cats99

Not once, this season, or last season (I didn't look back into previous years), has any team won a CFL game scoring the number of points the offence of this Tiger-Cat team has averaged so far in 2017 (15.3 pts. per game).  Coach Reinebold's successor, I see, will be Philip Lolley.  That's a name I'd never heard before today but I see he's our "Defensive Run Game & Linebackers Coach."  I'm embarrassed I didn't know that.  But now, I do know he's been in charge of allowing other teams' to rush for an average of 104 yds. per game this season. Allowing 70 rushing yds. per game, on average, in the team's first 4 games and then allowing that average to increase by 34 yds. per game, with the 188 by CAL and the 172 by EDM, certainly shouldn't put him in line for a promotion.  During Kent Austin's time in Hamilton, I think the most successful coaches in the organization have been Orlondo Steinauer and Jeff Reinebold.  Yes, J.R. didn't succeed as our short term DC.  But, there were signs of improvement in the last game,  After what he's given to the job, the players, and the fans, over his seasons here, I do not think he deserves this fate.  Certainly not alone.  And, not at this time.  I'm sad for him and wish him well.
Yup he got thrown under the bus 
0-7 look in the mirror have some pride left play hard and win game by game one week at a time rebuild now

Crash

Yup he got thrown under the bus
How do we know that prior to the season Reinbold didn't beg coach Austin to give him the job. How do we know that Austin wanted to go outside of the organization and Reinbold didn't want to be punished for his previous success as ST coordinator? 
Let's not assume Austin did all of this.

stevehvh

I agree fully with you.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Tagger

Personally I would rather have seen Dennis McPhee promoted to DC
I agree.
I've met Dennis a few times at my uncle's place.
They are/were neighbours.
To say he is passionate about Canadian football would be an understatement.
I would've left Reinbold as is & replaced Orlando with McPhee.
Guess he is from the wrong alma mater.

mr62cats

8)  Come on now....the mans name is Lolley...not Lilley !!    >:(
      Being a TiCat fan for so long you should know who the coaches are man     :-[

Oooops. Nowhere to hide!  :-[   That will teach me not to post on 3 Down Nation and this forum within the same 2 minutes.
Thanks for the heads up.

Grover

Look I like Coach Reinebold, he is an outstanding man

But, you cannot overlook this

"Under Reinebold’s direction. They are last in the CFL in points allowed (39.0 per game), net offence allowed (460 yards) and yards per play (7.5) and have given up 30 points or more in every game this season. The team is winless and coming off a two-game West Division road trip that included a 60-1 loss at the hands of the Calgary Stampeders."

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

FormerlyTurkish

From the lofty days a few years back now Condel and Reinebold gone.   I don't think they were the problem
   Of course they won't say much because the coaching fraternity is small and if you want another job you keep your mouth shut.   
    The problem still remains.  I suspect it would be at this time too costly to correct that.

safetyblitz

I hope Lilley is on a short term contract like June Jones. We don't need any more long term contracts for coaches.
As long as it doesn't affect ticket prices, why should anyone but Bob care about the contract status of the coaches? Assuming the team is going to abide by the salary cap for players, sure, I can understand fans expressing opinions about how the cap gets allocated, because the team has no choice but to make tradeoffs in player salary decisions (unless they want to exceed the cap). But there's no cap for coaches.

DisplacedCatsFan

I hope Lilley is on a short term contract like June Jones. We don't need any more long term contracts for coaches.
As long as it doesn't affect ticket prices, why should anyone but Bob care about the contract status of the coaches? Assuming the team is going to abide by the salary cap for players, sure, I can understand fans expressing opinions about how the cap gets allocated, because the team has no choice but to make tradeoffs in player salary decisions (unless they want to exceed the cap). But there's no cap for coaches.
IIRC, for the most part, position and coordinators are signed for one-year contracts; essentially they are akin to an outside contractor at an IT company.  When Orlondo was given a 3-year extension, it raised eyebrows because it was so far out of the ordinary.  According to Drew, Lolley was in the running for the DC job, so this move makes the most sense.  I know that a few people wanted McPhee to be promoted, but there must be a reason he has never been a Defensive Coordinator in his career.
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

guelphcatsfan

It's odd how often in pro football we see a coach who is clearly excellent in a particular role take on a bigger position and fail, repeatedly.  Maybe it's the lure of more money, I don't know. But Reinebold was excellent as a special teams coach after having been a head coach in the league.  

Good luck to him!

Grover

Reinebold is in Hawaii right now. Poor guy!  8)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Users Online

119 Guests, 10 Users (4 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
mycko75, Mightygoose, Eagle, RichardVeilleux, ExPat, ticats28, Bruno31, Yahoo!, Google (3)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)