ActionNews

You can stand by all you want. If Pinball isn't relevant, Roy Halladay? 

What is a younger generation to you? people under 30 is not a younger generation. People in their 20's and 30's know who pinball is. He is everywhere in Toronto. Maybe you just do not live in toronto and do not know what you need to know, to make assumptions.

brianjoxx

Toronto's most favorite athlete is Pinball. Then about 15-20 hockey players and Doug Flutie is in the 20-30. Vince Carter would be top raptor around 25-35 and maybe a few blue jays in that group as well.

Pinball is the face of Toronto sport scene. The community star power psychological problem went down after Flutie left.

So the Argos need to go after Johnny Manziel and win games.

Pinball might have been the face of the Toronto sports scene for a while,  but he's certainly not anymore.  Most people under 30 don't remember his playing days.

People under 30 don't have to remember his playing days. Everyone in Toronto knows who Pinball is. I have never met anyone who doesn't. It's actually amazing.

Pinball could run for mayor and win easily. He is the most popular sports figure in sports history in Toronto and maybe most famous person.

Pinball can't even walk down the street without people stopping him. I was at Maple Leaf square during leafs playoff game and people were all over him.

Total agree Pinball was one of the most famous leafs. or falling leafs. With out him they would be drawing crowds of around 15,000. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

EastVanMark

So back to the Argos getting their own practice facility....

Saw an interview on TSN of an Argo player on what appears to be a high school football field. Hopefully that's not the "new" practice facility. 

RM14

Saw an interview on TSN of an Argo player on what appears to be a high school football field. Hopefully that's not the "new" practice facility.
The article posted earlier described all of the planned renovations for the facility. 
I had a laugh when I google mapped the field as it is. The football lines are a little wonky.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir//Don+Bosco+Catholic+Secondary+School,+2+St+Andrews+Blvd,+Etobicoke,+ON+M9R+1V8/@43.7016566,-79.551535,167m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m15!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x4f9b594265e92aca!2sDon+Bosco+Catholic+Secondary+School!8m2!3d43.7036225!4d-79.552002!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x882b30afc491c8b5:0x4f9b594265e92aca!2m2!1d-79.5500466!2d43.7018416
GO STAMPS GO

sth1988

The article posted earlier described all of the planned renovations for the facility.
I had a laugh when I google mapped the field as it is. The football lines are a little wonky.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir//Don+Bosco+Catholic+Secondary+School,+2+St+Andrews+Blvd,+Etobicoke,+ON+M9R+1V8/@43.7016566,-79.551535,167m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m15!1m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x4f9b594265e92aca!2sDon+Bosco+Catholic+Secondary+School!8m2!3d43.7036225!4d-79.552002!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x882b30afc491c8b5:0x4f9b594265e92aca!2m2!1d-79.5500466!2d43.7018416

They will be bussed to different fields around the area for now until the field is fixed.  The Argos have been looking for a while after UofT told them they were building on thier previous practice facility.  MLSE built them a shack a few years ago.  Not sure if it had hot water or you had to pump it yourself from the well.

Aerial

Why not practice with the high school team?  The Panthers and others see this as a plus for community building.  Ok, it took place at a college facility but close enough.   ;)

The Carolina Panthers Are The First NFL Team To Practice With High School Team

"To me, it’s about the love of the game and bringing it back to the community,” Ron Rivera told reports after the practice. The reigning coach of the year was against the the idea of practicing against High Schoolers but later came around to it. The Panthers had to clear the idea with the NFL, NCAA and high school officials before it could take place but ultimately and surprisingly got the green light from all three. The youngsters definitely soaked it the experience, according to Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis, he had one of the high schooler’s trash talk the reigning MVP Cam Newton. “I was kind of feeding him stuff to say to Cam,” Davis said. “He delivered it pretty well.”

http://dailysnark.com/carolina-panthers-first-nfl-team-practice-high-school-team/
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

EastVanMark

Why not practice with the high school team?  The Panthers and others see this as a plus for community building.  Ok, it took place at a college facility but close enough.   ;)

The Carolina Panthers Are The First NFL Team To Practice With High School Team

"To me, it’s about the love of the game and bringing it back to the community,” Ron Rivera told reports after the practice. The reigning coach of the year was against the the idea of practicing against High Schoolers but later came around to it. The Panthers had to clear the idea with the NFL, NCAA and high school officials before it could take place but ultimately and surprisingly got the green light from all three. The youngsters definitely soaked it the experience, according to Panthers linebacker Thomas Davis, he had one of the high schooler’s trash talk the reigning MVP Cam Newton. “I was kind of feeding him stuff to say to Cam,” Davis said. “He delivered it pretty well.”

http://dailysnark.com/carolina-panthers-first-nfl-team-practice-high-school-team/

Thats a one-off, feel good community type events versus a team using a high school facility as a fulltime practice facility. World of difference.  ;)

Aerial

Ok, but I'm sure if an NFL team was using a high school facility, even one they put money into, it would be "man, that's real cool" just because it's "the majors" "the NFL".  ;)

Now the Saints did practice at a high school for a time all as part of the Katrina weather problem.  I know, that doesn't count.   ;)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-saints-raise-their-citys-spirits-maybe-for-good-2010feb08-story.html

EastVanMark

Ok, but I'm sure if an NFL team was using a high school facility, even one they put money into, it would be "man, that's real cool" just because it's "the majors" "the NFL".  ;)

Now the Saints did practice at a high school for a time all as part of the Katrina weather problem.  I know, that doesn't count.   ;)

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sdut-saints-raise-their-citys-spirits-maybe-for-good-2010feb08-story.html
:D ya we'll give the Saints a pass after a natural disaster leveled a good portion of the city. 
We'll give the Argos a pass if a similar situation happens in Toronto  ;)

Aerial

slimjim2

Does it really make a difference if the Argos find a school that has a great groomed grass field and another school that has artificial turf?
They play half their games on grass and need to practice on grass.
Seems to me it would be a waste of money to have their own facility with both a real and artificial surface.
Would they be a better team if they had their own surfaces to play on?

Users Online

115 Guests, 17 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MrLucky, Count Floyd, PrideLivesHere, Wumper, Grover, Palmer, DavidThompson, RedandWhite, ExPat, bobo82, Mightygoose, AlsPal, letsgoticats, mycko75, LeBird, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)