17   Stewart, Brandon  DB  I  6'0  194  31  Eastern Arizona JC - From 17 to 9

MISSING
72   Shologan, Keith  DT  N  6'2  295  31  Central Florida
66   Simmons, Brian  T  I  6'5  317  32  Oklahoma

REMOVE
67   Kerbyson, Kyler  OL  I  6'4  306  24  Tennessee

ADD TO PRACTICE ROSTER
76   Walls, Davon  DT  I  6'5  310   Abraham Lincoln/Coahoma, CCy

Friggin sad that they toss a young linesman 23 like Ruby in the garbage and a couple weeks later bring in a guy who's finished.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Grover

CFL News
@CFL_News
4m4 minutes ago
More

Ricky Ray ruled OUT vs. the #AlsMTL this week. No #Argos starter named by Marc Trestman. #CFL via @TSNDaveNaylor

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

FirstAnd10

With Ray out, I am a little worried that the Argos will circle the wagons on defense and special teams.  They may also try to eliminate turnovers by running the ball and eating clock.

idealsheldon

Jim Popp`s take on the game and some other things.

Sorry to hear in the interview that Cindy Trestman is dealing with some cancer issues.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/montreal-690/popp-ray-and-calvillo-quiet-respected-leaders-1.825937
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

The Als signed Int. QB Antonio Pipkin from the practice roster to active roster and then transferred him to 6 game injured list.

BC has released Nat. WR Stephan Adekolu; the Als could always try to sign him/add him to practice roster for now.

Richard

Grover

David William Naylor‏Verified account
@TSNDaveNaylor
1h1 hour ago
More

Coach Trestman will announce Argos starting QB on Thurs, although Jeff Mathews got majority of reps over Cody Fajardo on Wednesday. #CFL

idealsheldon

Argos haven`t been dressing Jeff Mathews, so if they start him over Fajardo I guess they feel he`s closer in style to Ricky Ray and the playbook can stay the same.

I still expect some Fajardo packages to change things up, and it is his mobility that is a concern. He`s a stronger arm Dan LeFevour.

Niagara Als

Hfx, like you i did not like the team getting rid of  a 23 year old Ruby and bringing back a retired older player. Again Kavis is not listening to those of us who dislike some of his trades/ suspension and gifts to other team.

idealsheldon

Eskimos lost 2 National o-linemen to injury last game - Sorensen and Groulx - but have chosen to start a 3rd International on the o-line for tonight`s game against Ott. rather than Ruby. Ruby is listed on the depth chart as the backup centre.

He may be young but this is his 3rd season. So far he has not developed. Will he ever develop is the question.

HfxTC

Eskimos lost 2 National o-linemen to injury last game - Sorensen and Groulx - but have chosen to start a 3rd International on the o-line for tonight`s game against Ott. rather than Ruby. Ruby is listed on the depth chart as the backup centre.

He may be young but this is his 3rd season. So far he has not developed. Will he ever develop is the question.

Ruby just arrived a couple weeks ago, I think it is a little early. Edmonton has invested two and three years in Offensive Linesmen. I am surprised that some as knowledgeable as you and Richard think it is good stuff that this team constantly has to sign guys that aren't good enough to play in this league to fill their 21 Canadians. To make things worse some like Haidara shouldn't even be on the roster. We don't even have enough Canadians to meet our minimum roster.

RichardVeilleux

HfxTC, I challenge you to find out where I wrote or quote that "it is good stuff that this team constantly has to sign players that aren't good enough to play on this league to fill their 21 Canadians".

The number 1 reason for lack of good Canadians is/was Jim Popp. Yes, I did not agree with Kavis Reed releases of Nat. players such as Michael Klassen,Jeffrey Finley and Jacob Ruby but medical issues was 1 reason.

Regarding Nat. WR, I agee 100% that Heidara is no good but, again, can you name me a good Nat. WR drafted by Jim Popp in the last 5 years? I can't. Unfortunately, we need a minimum of 21 Nat. players on roster and when injuries occur we have to sign players that were not good enough with other teams.

Richard

idealsheldon

I certainly agree that we have to upgrade our National talent. I had posted  awhile back that it is going to take another off-season of free agency, drafting to get our talent level closer to the elite teams.

But that doesn`t mean that at this time Ruby would have helped the situation. Yeah he was a No. 1 draft choice, but to date he hasn`t proven himself at all.

To go off topic a little, all teams have problems filling their National quota once injuries start to hit. BC just added 34 year old OL Andrew Jones. I would go so far as to say the CFL should drop 1 National and allow an additional International to help the product.

okie

Herb Zurkowsky says Drew Willy is now #3 with Jacory Harris going on the 1-game injured list. 

Starting for the Argos at QB will be Jeff Mathews.

RichardVeilleux

Based on the Argos Depth Chart they have 25 Int. players on active roster, meaning that 2 Int. players will be healthy scratches tomorrow. Which players will it be?  I expect 1 to be an OL; Brandon Washington. The other could be a DL. The DL could be Alan-Michael Cash or Justin Tuggle.

Richard

okie

Mathieu Boulay says Jesse Joseph in for Jabar Westerman.

Users Online

109 Guests, 4 Users (12 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, KevinRiley2, AlsPal, Yahoo!, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 157. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)