HfxTC

Here's a fun fact.

Montreal is the only team to have won at least 1 game against a Western team  8)

It is too bad the team can't take a few more weeks off.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

okie

Als also lead Eastern teams last year with the most wins (4) against the West.

-Matthew Scianitti posted that Ricky Ray is the QB today during Argo walkthroughs.  Ray underwent an MRI and is feeling better.  Decision on whether Ray plays will be made after the team sees him practice in the upcoming days.   Scianitti says Cody Fajardo might get some reps at practice.  Might???

mike2579

I guess they are playing mind games, since the season is young and his shoulder was sore why rush him. I doubt he plays Friday, next week is different story 
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

RichardVeilleux

Unless there are injuries to the Nat. OL -Philip Blake?- I wonder why have the Als signed Nat. OL Chris Greaves-30 years old-. 2014 was last season he played.

Richard

RichardVeilleux

I do read on RDS that Philippe Gagnon is replacing Philip Blake, who is injured.

Richard

idealsheldon

Haven`t heard anything yet on Blake`s injury but must be serious if they signed Greaves. Hard to find National OL depth.

But his profile on the CFL website is wrong. He did dress the last 2 seasons with Edmonton. 

http://cflstats.ca/player/4285/chris-greaves
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

nguyenMTL

I do read on RDS that Philippe Gagnon is replacing Philip Blake, who is injured.

Richard
What is somewhat baffling is that Gagnon is projected to be the starting LG vs Toronto, while Chap and Paul Charbonneau actually went with Matt Vonk as Blake's replacement at Winnipeg.

However, it is nice to read that Gagnon has done many reps as a the 2nd unit's centre. He may actually be the future starting centre for the Als when LBJ retires.

nguyenMTL

Another good news is that halfback Greg Henderson is close to be cleared to play, which means that we can hopefully stop to use Chip Cox at that position.

Also, according to RDS' Eric Leblanc, the Als could use Jean-Samuel Blanc as a rotational DE, where he used to play with the Carabins. 

GHT120

I guess they are playing mind games, since the season is young and his shoulder was sore why rush him. I doubt he plays Friday, next week is different story
Because he is Trestman's starting QB and MT plays his starting QB unless he can't.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

okie

Herb Zurkowsky says Philip Blake is going on the 6-game injured list.  He also mentioned that Raymon Taylor did not show up on Sunday and was suspended but is now expected to retire.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/football/cfl/montreal-alouettes/alouettes-to-battle-argonauts-with-first-place-in-the-east-on-the-line

okie

Davon Walls is basketball player who switched to football.  He started by playing at 2 Junior Colleges and planned to transfer to a major college except some of his JC courses did not transfer.  Eventually he ended up Syracuse but got thrown off the team after a few ganes when he was caught by a security camera stealing from a dorm room where the occupants were sleeping.  In his last year of college eligibility, he played at a Division 2 school and did well probably because he was more physically gifted than players at that level.

New York Jets signed him as an undrafted free agent in 2015 and released him 4 months later in an injury settlement.

Walls spent 2 weeks as a Practice Roster player for the Riders in October 2016.

NFL lists Walls at 6'7" 290 lbs. 

okie

WEBSITE ROSTER CHANGES

ADD TO ACTIVE ROSTER
57   Greaves, Chris  G  N  6'5  303  30  Western Ontario

NUMBER CHANGE
26   Hollins, Tyree  DB  I  6'1  210  25  Grambling State - From 26 to 41
46   Lalama, DJ  LB  N  6'1  220  25  Manitoba - From 46 to 45
82   Pierzchalski, Alex  WR  N  6'5  220  26  Toronto - From 82 to 18
17   Stewart, Brandon  DB  I  6'0  194  31  Eastern Arizona JC - From 17 to 9 

MISSING
72   Shologan, Keith  DT  N  6'2  295  31  Central Florida
66   Simmons, Brian  T  I  6'5  317  32  Oklahoma

REMOVE
67   Kerbyson, Kyler  OL  I  6'4  306  24  Tennessee

ADD TO PRACTICE ROSTER
76   Walls, Davon  DT  I  6'5  310   Abraham Lincoln/Coahoma, CC

RichardVeilleux

Number change? Not reflected. More PREVIOUS than now.
Missing? Shologan and Simmons. Still on roster.

Richard

idealsheldon

Alan-Michael Cash will be making his season debut for the Argoettes on Friday.

The Argos QB mind game continued, they closed practice, with the speculation being they are working both Fajardo and Jeff Mathews.

But I am not worried. Friday the Argos will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen! 

okie

Website roster was obviously in error early this morning and has since been corrected.

Argos are definitely sending mix signals on who will play.  Rick Ray is first there in the walkthroughs.  Next, you hear Jeff Matthews is taking the majority of reps.  Then, there is Ray is throwing more than the day before.  Finally, there is speculation that reps are being split between Cody Fajardo and Matthews.

Picture from earlier today as posted by the team.  Who is this #71 receiver?

Users Online

108 Guests, 4 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, KevinRiley2, AlsPal, Yahoo!, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 157. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)