sully

1. Fix the links to the fora from the team sites.
2. Go back to the team colour schemes.
3. Next time you do an "upgrade", think of the users.  Post a Sticky on ALL team threads with the appropriate information ie: links to these fora, ASKING FOR USER INPUT BEFORE FORCING THE CHANGES, etc.  This was a problem when you did the previous "upgrade" too - never mind the fact that there was a huge screw up with user accounts and verification.
The links should've been fixed by now but I'll do round and ask for an update again.

I wasn't looking for user input on this upgrade, nor with the last. There were necessities due to circumstances - an impending server shutdown, and wildly customized/broken software that our webhost couldn't continue to serve - and as such little in the way of discussion was useful.

Feedback once a required change has been made is something I obviously welcome, but this isn't a situation where I'm looking to find out if the masses want a change to occur (hint: they never do).

Any chance we could get "Like" and "Dislike" (or "Agree" and "Disagree") buttons?

Also, the link to the Hamilton forum on the Ticats main page is broken.
I am on the hunt for a SMF mod that adds a "Like" button now!
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

Cool

Any chance we could get "Like" and "Dislike" (or "Agree" and "Disagree") buttons?

Also, the link to the Hamilton forum on the Ticats main page is broken.

Yes on this front.  Also need to add the "thumbs up" emoticon 
Pull Together everyone

Pocho

Hi! I'm a newbie and I've been an Alouettes fan since the mid-fifties. I was young back then but I remember seing the Chuck Hunsinger fumble on the TV in 1954... Nice to be here.

CatsFaninOttawa

I am on the hunt for a SMF mod that adds a "Like" button now!
:)

sully

Hi! I'm a newbie and I've been an Alouettes fan since the mid-fifties. I was young back then but I remember seing the Chuck Hunsinger fumble on the TV in 1954... Nice to be here.

Welcome!  Fixing forum registrations (the e-mail part of it) was a big reason for the change. Happy to see it already paying off!
I'm the Director of Media Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

cats99

aesthetically it's been going down the tubes it's at a all time low for appearance !
0-7 look in the mirror have some pride left play hard and win game by game one week at a time rebuild now

DisplacedCatsFan

Something constructive:
How about a "first unread post" button? The old fora had them...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

drummer_god

May have been mentioned already, but editing my own posts has become very difficult. Was fine the way it was. Now, I edit, hit save, then see my post was not changed. Try again and again before it finally takes.

Paolo X

Update - I found the answer. I had to check a box in the settings under Modify Profile in order for this to be the case. Why having the newest post first was not the default like before this change, with instead the posts listed in order of oldest to newest, was baffling.  ???

Sully, could the default sequence of the posts in a thread please go back to the newest listed first at the top and not in the chronological order starting with the oldest?
Best Regards, Paolo

sully

Something constructive:
I agree, I loved that feature. I just made a modification so clicking on a topic title will automatically take you to the newest post in the topic, and I added the "Unread Posts" option in the header as well. Thoughts?

Update - I found the answer. I had to check a box in the settings under Modify Profile in order for this to be the case. Why having the newest post first was not the default like before this change, with instead the posts listed in order of oldest to newest, was baffling.  ???

Sully, could the default sequence of the posts in a thread please go back to the newest listed first at the top and not in the chronological order starting with the oldest?
I guess I can understand you wanting it that way, but isn't that like reading the last page of the story first? Do topics make sense to you laid out like that?

Paolo X

Something constructive:
I agree, I loved that feature. I just made a modification so clicking on a topic title will automatically take you to the newest post in the topic, and I added the "Unread Posts" option in the header as well. Thoughts?

I guess I can understand you wanting it that way, but isn't that like reading the last page of the story first? Do topics make sense to you laid out like that?

Hello Sully and thank you for all the fine work and this response. Yes indeed! The old forum was always that way! It was easier to see where the conversation is now on any given topic, with some developments since historic posts already known, and then if and only if we need the background and history do we go down a few pages. And of course on a very old thread there is no need to go down several months unless one has a whole lot of time or is interested in ancient history on some of the topics.  ???

The way it is now by default you have to do few clicks extra clicks every single time you go into a thread so as to view the most recent posts. It gets really old really fast!  ::)

In the threads in which we are already active or that are relatively new, which is most of the threads we go to or of interest, we want to see the most recent posts first.  8)
Best Regards, Paolo

Mark

Have we lost the ability to see who is online in a forum?  That was really handy at times as it allowed the initiation of conversations between people familiar with each other.

CatsFaninOttawa

Something constructive:
Click on the "New" button next to the topic. (Is that what you're looking for?)

Mark

Something constructive:
Click on the "New" button next to the topic. (Is that what you're looking for?)

For those reading this.... I got a reply from Sully saying that he liked the feature and will see if it's possible to restore on individual fora and threads.

RM14

I really like the idea of the "like" button. I have also seen "thanks" where it shows which user name thanked a certain post. Check out the Calgary Flames Fans Fire on Ice for how well the thanks button by username works. It really highlights the great posts.
GO STAMPS GO

Users Online

103 Guests, 8 Users (6 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Sidney, bobo82, Mightygoose, tony, 15_championships, mycko75, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)