Crash

What I find funny is a few weeks ago the stories were all about how there was "tension" between Austin and Collaros. So many people on this board believed it and of course Austin was to blame.
Fast forward 2 weeks... a heartbreaking loss and a blowout... Now Austin and Collaros are so tight that Austin is stubborn and won't bench him. And of course Austin is to blame.

Killer91

Quote from: "Crash"
What I find funny is a few weeks ago the stories were all about how there was "tension" between Austin and Collaros. So many people on this board believed it and of course Austin was to blame.
Fast forward 2 weeks... a heartbreaking loss and a blowout... Now Austin and Collaros are so tight that Austin is stubborn and won't bench him. And of course Austin is to blame.
He yelled in frustration, I don't call that tension.  The tension is losing every week.  In fact, I have never seen such unwavering devolution to a guy.

blackandgld

Quote from: "Killer91"
He yelled in frustration, I don't call that tension.  The tension is losing every week.  In fact, I have never seen such unwavering devolution to a guy.

HA, just watch a Blue Jay game and watch Gibbons roll out the corpse that used to be Jose Bautista in the leadoff spot night after night. Now that is devotion!!

Count Floyd

It's not necessarily that specific incident that is the source of the alleged "tension".  It could be that Zach thinks that Austin's schemes are ridiculous/not working & that it should be changed, but Austin insists on trying the same thing.  It could be 100 things that we have no way of knowing about.  It could be that Austin is frustrated because Zach's not making the right reads or placing the ball where it needs to go, or recognizing blitz.  It might be as simple as a former QB hating it when he got pulled in the past & not wanting to treat his QB that way.

Of course a certain amount of tension is from losing every week.  More is probably because they can't figure out how to fix it.

Crash

When the Suitor story broke there were a ton of people that believed it. Lots of posts here and in game threads about how there was infighting, etc.

In reality we have a HC/QB team trying to figure this thing out together and I'm a fan of that.

smogmonster

The play calling is supicious.  As all the above posters have said, going for a 3 to 4 yard pass on second and long is nuts....   but Zach doesn't have time in the pocket to set up for a deep pass.  Two new O-line guys in the past two weeks.  How do you gain confidence with them if you are always under pressure?  Who are you going to look for when a deep pass is there?  Man, I would like to see Gurley get a shot if there isn't a definite reason not to sign him.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

DisplacedCatsFan

Quote from: "smogmonster"
Man, I would like to see Gurley get a shot if there isn't a definite reason not to sign him.
IIRC, Gurley was one of the three receivers that Barker cut all at once (Elliott being one of them) who were rumoured to be the bad apples of the team.  Perhaps that's why Gurley is still unemployed...
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

schmenger

Gurley has a lot of player upside. However, there must be a behaviour attitude issue that all GM's are not willing to accept. Austin does not want a player who is going to disrupt the locker room regardless of his on field play. Corky (Chris Jones) on the other hand is big on attitude just as long as the attitude is not directed towards him.

Killer91

When the Suitor story broke there were a ton of people that believed it. Lots of posts here and in game threads about how there was infighting, etc.

In reality we have a HC/QB team trying to figure this thing out together and I'm a fan of that.
Hey Crash, we're gonna debate this till the cows come home!...agree to disagree?  They are working together in harmony like the band on the Titanic!

Defense_Rules

Zack is too slow for rolling out which was a strength he had before.  Play calling is terrible as are the offensive schemes.  Sick and tired of seeing 3 to 4 yard passes.  We need someone who can throw the long pass and some receivers that are tall, quick and can catch the ball.  Been watching the same stuff since caretaker got here.  Seldom any stars on the team.  A club top heavy with executives. 

Slomojo2005

I said it in the game thread and I'll say it here. Anyone that thinks this is on the qb it so out of touch you're better off just not posting.

The backup qb has always been the most popular player on the team but the hate for Collaros is becoming absurd. This team (especially on O) severely lacks talent. Look no further than last year's week 1 receivers and who we marched out there last night.
SJ Green and Duron Carter are making NFL style catches and i can't even name our starters from week to week.

In 2003 Ticat fans were so done with Danny McManus and the fact that he was over the hill....our best receiver was Andrew English. In 2004 we signed some receivers and he threw 5000 yards and 29 TDs.

Jeremiah Masoli is a nice QB. A career back up that is prone to fumbles and ints. Let's not pretend we have Tom Brady sitting there and Austin is too foolish to see it.

Austin however is to blame for having no talent on offense that scares anyone. After all it's his front office that let this happen. Right now McDaniel/Grant/Giguere would look better along side Tasker than this.

I agree Crash.  People that have seen Zack and the lack of time he has to throw the ball and these people are asking for "his head"..... they don't know what they are talking about! We don't have a QB problem.  We have a front line problem! 

Killer91

Zach has 0 Wins for his last 11 starts but showed improvement tonight.
Everyone needs to be patient. 

TommyBoy1

Right. Maybe another 11 losses.
Calm down everyone.

Crash

I said it in the game thread and I'll say it here. Anyone that thinks this is on the qb it so out of touch you're better off just not posting.

The backup qb has always been the most popular player on the team but the hate for Collaros is becoming absurd. This team (especially on O) severely lacks talent. Look no further than last year's week 1 receivers and who we marched out there last night.
SJ Green and Duron Carter are making NFL style catches and i can't even name our starters from week to week.

In 2003 Ticat fans were so done with Danny McManus and the fact that he was over the hill....our best receiver was Andrew English. In 2004 we signed some receivers and he threw 5000 yards and 29 TDs.

Jeremiah Masoli is a nice QB. A career back up that is prone to fumbles and ints. Let's not pretend we have Tom Brady sitting there and Austin is too foolish to see it.

Austin however is to blame for having no talent on offense that scares anyone. After all it's his front office that let this happen. Right now McDaniel/Grant/Giguere would look better along side Tasker than this.

I agree Crash.  People that have seen Zack and the lack of time he has to throw the ball and these people are asking for "his head"..... they don't know what they are talking about! We don't have a QB problem.  We have a front line problem!

When Glenn suitor of all people say that Zack has to play like Doug Flutie to complete passes.... you know there's a problem.

That was possibly the worst pass protection I've ever seen for a full game.

TommyBoy1

No time to throw. 4 man rush....3 man rush....2 man rush.....it didn't matter.
Zach had no time at all.

Users Online

77 Guests, 5 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Braleyneedstogo, Lyle B. Style, sully, PTBO Dave, Yahoo!, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)