idealsheldon

Nobody has asked me yet, but here`s what I would do.

Plug in a National - Ackie or Boulay - at LB.

Use Hebert as a hybrid Rush End/4th LB and alternate Bowman and Knapton at the other end spot. Basically a 3-4 that can morph into a 4-3.

And the times you want a true 4-3 you take out Hebert and leave Drew, Shologan/Westerman, Knapton, Bowman on the d-line.

Bombers offense won`t stand a chance!
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

I don't understand, okie and Sheldon, why you presume so many changes should Ray Drew play. As I wrote this morning, there will still be 3 Nat. OL,1 Nat. WR, 1 Nat. FB,1 Nat. DT and 1 Nat. S for 7 starters. Yes, it will be difficult to play with 4 Int. WRs at the same time, but it can be done. You just have to replace Rutley by an Int. WR.  Jabar Westerman, who played mainly DE while in BC, could also alternate with/replace an Int. DE  in some situation. Is it the best scenario having 4 Int. WRs on the field at the same time? To me no!  Presently they are 2-3, next too last in average passes per game and next to last in time of possession. Yes, they are the best in points scored against them, but if the other teams offence remain on the field 4 or 5 or 6 minutes more than the Als, they-las- will have less time to score.

I expect that with most plays, the Als will have a Nat. FB playing; some time it could be Beaulieu and other time Toure; presently, when they play 4 Int. WRs, Beaulieu comes out.

Maybe I miss something but for me the addition of Drew will not bring many changes. Unless they play Drew, they won't know what his contribution will be.

Richard

idealsheldon

Sorry Richard but I don`t see an effective offense with both Johnson and Beaulieu on the field in all packages.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

As I wrote earlier today, they rank next to last in passing yardage; we cannot say that the offence has been that effective with 4 Int. WRs; if we don't give the chance to some Nat. players we will never know what they can do. Rather lose with Nat. talent that will improve rather than with Int. talent whose best years are things of the past.

That's all for me on that matter.

Richard

Niagara Als

Weaknesses Short for the position. Feet bouncy and become antsy once he's unable to deliver to his second read. Pocket poise needs work. Looks for a quick exit rather than continuing to scan the field and deliver to receivers coming open. Drops eyes when pocket gets a little noisy around him. Anticipation is below average. Will hesitate to cut it loose when he has a safety on the ropes. Field side accuracy and short throw touch need work. Will need to clean up a myriad of footwork issues.
Draft Projection UDFA
Bottom Line Pipkin's level of competition will clearly be a strike against him unless he steps up and has a big week at the Senior Bowl. He's undersized with an average arm and needs to improve his accuracy and pocket poise. While he has proven to be dangerous with the feet, he doesn't have the physical traits that teams are usually willing to take shots on late in the draft. He may find himself fighting to catch a team's eye from the undrafted free agent list.

Having been away from home for two weeks, I found the Forum's posts on our troubled Als great reading. Going into the past, this team has had serious problems in replacing three of our outstanding QB', Etcheverry, Wade and Calvillo. After each QB left the team relapsed, the loss of replacements spelled out years of losing efforts until finally THE QB emerged reinstating winning ways. I knew nothing about Pipkin, our latest QB recruit and the above copy/check from Google, represents my "new post". My guess is that the readers might find this interesting. My own guess is that this team needs renewal of several positions and, I lean those posts that spelled out the absence of skilled newcomers beginning from the time Popp started to acquire interest in a NFL position thereby diminishing his former self who, did bring forth talent. As noted Pipkin is an undersized, Division 2 QB who excelled in the smallness of a small NCAA Division 2 QB with big stats- %completion/passes= 64.9, Tds= 25, only 6 interceptions, etc.etc.
My guess re Wednesday's, or, is it Thursday's game vs Winnipeg will welcome an Alouette win. Durrant is due to put sufficient first downs into play and, Chapdelaine will continue from his winning ways of late last season into this coming event. Back in the 1960's Coach Trimble used to bring late NFL cuts which invigorated the TiCats for Grey Cup wins. I think Chapdelaine will, hopefully do the same this year.

tony

Quote from: "GHT120"
Quote from: "tony"
[... I still did not like the fact that Reed let both Green and Woods go ...
I cannot say that the Als seem to have missed Woods .... and hardly shocking that he left last night's game with an injury.
As for Green, wonder how much he is making in TO?  If less than his Als contract, wonder if he would have been cut if he took the pay cut.

Woods - believe it was concussion protocol. We will see how long he is out.

I would still have kept Green over Jackson and his $165k salary.  For me, money not well spent.

cahoonrules86

Like i said in an earlier thread.   The Als are going to Win tomorrow and we will all be dancing on the streets  :rockin:  :rockin:

GHT120

Quote from: "GHT120"
[... I still did not like the fact that Reed let both Green and Woods go ...
I cannot say that the Als seem to have missed Woods .... and hardly shocking that he left last night's game with an injury.
As for Green, wonder how much he is making in TO?  If less than his Als contract, wonder if he would have been cut if he took the pay cut.

Woods - believe it was concussion protocol. We will see how long he is out.

I would still have kept Green over Jackson and his $165k salary.  For me, money not well spent.

What I don't know is how much Green was slated to get under his Als contract before he was cut.  I recall some outrageous numbers floating around at some point.; if they were accurate, SJ may have declined to stay for $165K.

RichardVeilleux

S.J. Green contract was for  $250,000 with the Als. Since he did receive a bonus of $50,000 in February 2017, he total salary was at $225,000,since he saved on US taxes with the bonus Costs to the Argos are /will be basically $175,000 in 2017.

Richard

RichardVeilleux

I do hope that the Als will give a chance/claim Int. RB Josh Harris-Wake Forest-  released today by BC.

Int. WR T.J. Graham was released by the Als on Tuesday.-CFL transactions- Now in Carolina as per okie.

Richard

okie

Position chart is the same as last week except for these changes.

In
Mikaël Charland
Eugene Lewis
Oumar Touré  

Out
Dominique Termansen
Tiquan Underwood
Tyrell Sutton

If Ray Drew is playing, the chart gives no indication of how the team would comply with the ratio.

Niagara Als

Is Sutton injured AGAIN. He has not been able to go a season without injury. With all the problems over the last 5 years, we now have another glaring issue with our offensive backs.

okie

Reason for Tyrell Sutton sitting is both for his relatively minor injury and the team's desire to rotate backs in order to keep them fresh.  By the time the Sutton returns against the Argos on August 11, he will have rested 3 weeks.

Offensive stats have improved as Montreal is now 1st in Yards per Play.  Last year, they finished last in that category.  Als are also 1st in Yards per Play on 1st down.  Team is 2nd in Yards per Pass as well as 4th in Offensive Yards per Game.

Term "shooting their own foot" actually applies as the team is last in the Turnover Ratio and Penalties on Offense.

I am curious to see Geno Lewis play because:

1. He is the 1st of his agent's 5 players on the team to see action this year.
2. He claims his biggest asset is the ability to catch the ball in traffic.
3. Kavis Reed publicily stating that he is bullish on Lewis.

That of course assumes he is even targeted.  Als might end up throwing everything to one side just like BC did last week.

tony

Quote from: "okie"
Reason for Tyrell Sutton sitting is both for his relatively minor injury and the team's desire to rotate backs in order to keep them fresh.  By the time the Sutton returns against the Argos on August 11, he will have rested 3 weeks.

Offensive stats have improved as Montreal is now 1st in Yards per Play.  Last year, they finished last in that category.  Als are also 1st in Yards per Play on 1st down.  Team is 2nd in Yards per Pass as well as 4th in Offensive Yards per Game.

Term "shooting their own foot" actually applies as the team is last in the Turnover Ratio and Penalties on Offense.

Here is a glaring stat that sticks out to me. Durant leads the league in INT with 6.
One was a very costly INT in the RB end zone last week.
As you said, "shooting themselves in the foot".

RichardVeilleux

I presume that you had a good night/time at the Bell Centre,Sheldon.

Hope that you will be as happy around 23h30 tonight.

I have doubts but I wish that the Als will prove me wrong. Would be nice if they could go on a bye with a 3-3 record instead of 2-4.

Richard

Users Online

60 Guests, 0 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (13)

Most Online Today: 139. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)