mike2579

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Mike can answer for himself but I`ll just say this.

This is the 5th year of the Als having a losing record and with at times dysfunctional coaching/management changes. And so you /they have no right to complain about ticket and merchandising sales.

How many bad meals does it take for you to stop going to a restaurant?

We can revisit this when the team becomes competitive with a winning record.

Thank you Sheldon, u hit it right on the nail. Was a season ticket holder from 2004-2015...i have payed my dues. Obviously the attendance is also showing that i am not the only one to think like this. I think Alex Brink did it for me...
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

HfxTC

Weird football team, they keep finding ways to beat themselves.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Quote from: "mike2579"

This is the 5th year of the Als having a losing record and with at times dysfunctional coaching/management changes. And so you /they have no right to complain about ticket and merchandising sales.

Thank you Sheldon, u hit it right on the nail. Was a season ticket holder from 2004-2015...i have payed my dues. Obviously the attendance is also showing that i am not the only one to think like this. I think Alex Brink did it for me...

Why should fans pay for the Wetenhall's screw ups?

okie

HOW THE PASSING OFFENSE DID DEPENDING ON THE SCORE

When team was within a touchdown:
17-23, 196 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT -  62.95 rating

When team was behind by more than a touchdown:
18-19, 256 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT - 153.84 rating

als4ever-2

You miss the point entirely.  Every ticket holder who has walked away has a valid reason for having done so. For some it's dissatisfaction with performance,for others it's financial. Whatever your reasons are,they are yours. What I find strange is that in your way, you continue to support the team.  You still go to games, post here etc.  But you refuse to spend any money to do so.

I don't have a problem with that.  It's just that you seem to take pride in the fact that your support for the team that you have loved for years is now limited to using freebies. That team which is on the field costs money.

mike2579

Quote from: "als4ever-2"
You miss the point entirely.  Every ticket holder who has walked away has a valid reason for having done so. For some it's dissatisfaction with performance,for others it's financial. Whatever your reasons are,they are yours. What I find strange is that in your way, you continue to support the team.  You still go to games, post here etc.  But you refuse to spend any money to do so.

I don't have a problem with that.  It's just that you seem to take pride in the fact that your support for the team that you have loved for years is now limited to using freebies. That team which is on the field costs money.

I support the team by not giving them a god damn cent. Do i still support the habs, sure do but there not getting my money either. I go to the games on my term. If my ass feels like walking up the mountain i do. If ur looking for ppl to back u up in what u are trying to point across u are in the wrong place my boy.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Food for thought guys. If you have a subscription to RDS and or TSN (and you do, because that is the only way to see the games on TV), you are in a way supporting the Alouettes!

Some of the money you pay for your RDS-TSN subscription is paid to the CFL, and then to teams. Then again, if you cancel your subscription, it will not exactly be sending a big message to the Als...

You wanna let the Alouettes know you're pissed off; you do this right here:

HEY ALOUETTES! JOHNNY IS PISSED OFF AT THE 5 YEAR CLOWN SHOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN PERFORMING!
STOP DICKING AROUND AND CLEAN UP THIS MESS!
:cowboy:
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

The reality is Ottawa has THE WEAKEST defense in the league, they didn't cause a turnover in four games ! Als gave them four in a half of football.

Durant is supposed to be an experienced game manager but so far he's only played well when he's behind. Can't give the guy credit for production when he blows games on his own.

Tons of money on this roster wasted on players who were discarded or are too old and weak to play. Most of them old buddies of Kavis Reed from his failed time in Saskatchewan and Edmonton.

Same old, same old Montreal picking up a couple upset wins at home against far traveling western teams and getting beaten in four point division games.

mike2579

Can we count on 1 hand 5 positive things this team has done in the past 5 years?

RichardVeilleux

Can you name me,HfxTC, the signed buddies of Kavis Reed when he was in Saskatchewan and Edmonton, beside Jacory Harris?

Yes, the Als,as all other teams,have made bad moves or decisions in the past and present but they are doing the outmost to have a winning team. Good moves have been made,particularly in the last 2 years; some are:

Firing of Jim Popp
Hiring of Patrick Boivin as President and CEO
Hiring of Kavis Reed as GM
Naming Catherine Raîche as Asst. GM to football operations
Hiring of Jacques Chapdelaine as Head Coach
Agreement with Management of Stade Olympique to have,effective in 2017, practices there.
Drafting/signing/trading of/for:
DB Chris Ackie
OL Philip Blake
LB Brandon Dozier
QB Darian Durant
G Philippe Gagnon
DB Greg Henderson
WR Ernest Jackson
WR Eugene Lewis
SB Nik Lewis
DB Jonathan Mincy
OT Jovan Olafioye
LB Anthony Sareo
DB Raymon Taylor
LB Dominique Tovell
DB Dondre Wright

Yes, I don't agree/did not agree with the signings or trading  or releases of /for some players -Oramasionwu,Plesius, Klassen- but I understand the moves, since Kavis and Jacques decided to have 2 Int. OT's; I am sure that corrections will occur in the next weeks/month.

As we say "Quand je me regarde je me désole quand je me compare je me console"  Some teams are in a worse situation than the Als. The Als can and will compete will all other CFL teams. There are still 13 games to go and as I wrote before I did not agree with all the moves made; nevertheless I will always try to be constructive and positive. Others may choose another route/venue but we are in a free country and they are free to say what they want. Me, I prefer to construct than to demolish.

Richard

idealsheldon

Good positive post Richard. Except you forgot to mention the signing of Tiquan Underwood. :D

I think all posters here are Als fans or they wouldn`t bother showing up. Obviously frustration has set in and everybody handles it differently. Some can remain rational, others tend to crap.

I sense there is probably no bigger Als fan than Mike, just waiting for a competitive team to support again.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

mike2579

Yes! Exactly! I own 2 game used helmets and 3 game used jerseys. I also own every coulour jersey possible we have used these past couple of years. It takes a toll eventually. Just like a boss crapping on a employee constantly

tony

Quote from: "cahoonrules86"
In my opinion, this is on the Oline.  Most teams use the Quarterback sneak 9 times out of 10.  They give you a yard to start off with. ..so no excuse.   Oline did not do their job.

Agree with you there. However, I blame HC Chaps for calling that play when it had not worked pretty much all night.
He was smart enough to try a sweep a little earlier and guess what, first down.
Chaps has to be accountable and know how his team has been playing during the game.

tony

Quote from: "RichardVeilleux"

Darian Durant: I don't blame him for the interceptions, but rather Tiquan Underwood for running wrong route on 1st interception and showing no hurry.no fight for the ball in the end zone interception.

Richard

I disagree with you here. On the INT that was in the RB end zone, Durant should have never thrown that ball. He had time to see that his receiver was nowhere near where his pass went. It was as if the RB DB was his intended receiver.
And his first INT, he tried avoiding the sack and made a rookie mistake tossing it up.

tony

Quote from: "mike2579"

You can add me to the list Mike. I was a holder the year after they came back. Gave them up three years ago.

Users Online

100 Guests, 2 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, Mightygoose, Google (11), Baidu

Most Online Today: 173. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)