tony

Well Richard, hats off to you. You predicted a win and low and behold it happened.
I did not predict them to win against the Stamps. Congrats to you and congrats to the Als.

Good to see an improvement on the offensive play calling, especially utilizing deep passes as well as the run.
Also good to see that Jackson finally came through with a couple of big play catches and end up with 118 yards.

Let's hope the trend continues.

Richard, what's your prediction for the next game?

RichardVeilleux

Yes, it was a great win; I was nervous on a few occasions, but they fought hard and won. There were errors and still too many penalties but as HfxTC wrote "a win is a win".

Should be hard against Ottawa,since they presently  have one of the best offence in the CFL; on the opposite, their defence is amongst the worst in the CFL. They were in the game all night against Edmonton.

I expect a close game and a win by the Als.

Richard

John_

Am I the only one who think that Beaulieu should be more involve in the offence ? Especially with Giguere injured, I would not mind keeping him on the field for the majority of the plays, even at slot receiver. He's big and athletic and i'm rarely dissapointed with him.

okie

When JC Beaulieu gets a rushing attempt, his biggest asset is the element of surprise as the defense never expects him to touch the ball.  Beaulieu did line up as a receiver a few times though he was more of a decoy or 5th option.

So far, the Als have only won when Chris Ackie strips the ball from a running back.  

Team was also fortunate to have defenders somehow fall down on long passing attempts.

For a team with injuries on the Defensive Line, the Stamps made the 0-sacks Alouette Offensive Line look overrated.  Not only was Darian Durant often pressured, Calgary was able to hold Tyrell Sutton to minimal gains until late in the game.

Like the last game, there was one play where Noel Thorpe was going to blitz everybody and leave no Safety.  Against the Lions, Jonathon Jennings and Manny Arceneaux saw that.  Lion's OL held up, and they went deep + drew a penalty for PI.  Last night against that same formation, Bo Levi Mitchell saw an opportunity and threw the ball down the middle except nobody was there as no receiver went in that direction.

With Brandon Stewart signed, there was talk that Chip Cox might return to SAM LB.  He did not and remained at halfback.  Cox was never near the line of scrimmage.  In the last 2 games, Cox's man was the weakest reciever.  Rookie LB Branden Dozier had to guard better players.

Also in the previous 2 games, the Als mostly used a 4-3 with Don Oramasionwu being part of the rotation.  Oramasionwu was not yesterday, so the Als use more 3-4.  One difference the Als made was the occasional use of Nicolas Boulay as an ILB in the 3-4.  When Boulay was in, the Als removed Chris Ackie and left Dondre Wright at Safety.

tony

Quote from: "okie"
When JC Beaulieu gets a rushing attempt, his biggest asset is the element of surprise as the defense never expects him to touch the ball.  Beaulieu did line up as a receiver a few times though he was more of a decoy or 5th option.

So far, the Als have only won when Chris Ackie strips the ball from a running back.  

Team was also fortunate to have defenders somehow fall down on long passing attempts.

For a team with injuries on the Defensive Line, the Stamps made the 0-sacks Alouette Offensive Line look overrated.  Not only was Darian Durant often pressured, Calgary was able to hold Tyrell Sutton to minimal gains until late in the game.

Like the last game, there was one play where Noel Thorpe was going to blitz everybody and leave no Safety.  Against the Lions, Jonathon Jennings and Manny Arceneaux saw that.  Lion's OL held up, and they went deep + drew a penalty for PI.  Last night against that same formation, Bo Levi Mitchell saw an opportunity and threw the ball down the middle except nobody was there as no receiver went in that direction.

With Brandon Stewart signed, there was talk that Chip Cox might return to SAM LB.  He did not and remained at halfback.  Cox was never near the line of scrimmage.  In the last 2 games, Cox's man was the weakest reciever.  Rookie LB Branden Dozier had to guard better players.

Also in the previous 2 games, the Als mostly used a 4-3 with Don Oramasionwu being part of the rotation.  Oramasionwu was not yesterday, so the Als use more 3-4.  One difference the Als made was the occasional use of Nicolas Boulay as an ILB in the 3-4.  When Boulay was in, the Als removed Chris Ackie and left Dondre Wright at Safety.

I have no issue with Cox covering the weakest receiver. He does not possess the speed to cover the opposition's better and quicker receivers.
Dozier did fine last night.

On Cunnigham's TD where he was wide open, yes the Stamps defender fell. But these things can and do happen when you stretch the defense and throw beyond 10 yards.  I am happy to see that they threw downfield more than once.And Jackson having to go and get a couple of those passes.

Users Online

102 Guests, 1 User (23 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
toddstattoo, Yahoo!, Google (22)

Most Online Today: 149. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)