RichardVeilleux

The next game will be quite interesting and tough, but the Als can win. To me, a win will be easier to achieve if:

Nat. WR Samuel Giguère is ready to play.

If  Int. DT Ray Drew is added to the roster;  Int. DB Jalen Rodgers would come off.

Drop in "bad"penalties.

Richard

okie

With the Als struggling on offense, I cannot see them dropping an import receiver to play DT Ray Drew.  

On the DL, the Als strategy is to use 3 non-import DT and 3 import DE in a 6-man rotation.  Playing Drew would just mess that up.  Unless, Noel Thorpe is willing to move Chris Ackie to WILL and start Dondre Wright at Safety.  This also would mean benching an import LB and then inserting in Nicolas Boulay when the Als play a 3-4.  Hard to see this scenario happening so soon into the season.  

I suppose if the team was desperate enough for a non-import DE, they could take a look at DE Ricky Foley who is 35.  As somebody who takes up space, DT Khalif Mitchell is also looking to get back into the CFL.  He no longer retweets offensive material and now claims to love everybody.  Problem here is even if you accept his remorse, the guy is now 32 and is an import.

Anyway, I would be surprised if the Als made a ratio change this week.  

-Yesterday, Stefan Logan posted that he is okay.  Sounds like he expects to play against Calgary.

RichardVeilleux

As per CFL transactions of today, Int. WR TJ Graham was removed from practice roster to active roster then transferred to retired.

Int. DB Brandon Stewart was added to roster and Nat. DB Mikael Charland deleted from roster and added to practice roster.

In BC, Stewart was CB and Ryan Phillips played DB both on same side of field; could be as such with the Als; if so, I presume that Chip Cox will return to his normal position.

Richard

idealsheldon

Quote from: "RichardVeilleux"
The next game will be quite interesting and tough, but the Als can win. To me, a win will be easier to achieve if:

Nat. WR Samuel Giguère is ready to play.

If  Int. DT Ray Drew is added to the roster;  Int. DB Jalen Rodgers would come off.

Drop in "bad"penalties.

Richard

But if Drew goes in, we have to take out one of the International LBs to respect the ratio. We have to play 3 Nationals on defense. Would we be better off?
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

RichardVeilleux

I doubt, in fact I don't think that Drew will be in. When I did mention it, I based it on the fact that  Int. DB Jalen Rodgers played only on special teams; Chip Cox was at DB.  I was saying take Rodgers out and add Drew. Now that Stewart is in, I now expect Chip at his new position. Rodgers should be out. Injured or practice roster-.

Richard

okie

You were right Richard.  Als are going sit Tiquan Underwood which I will assume means 2 non-import receivers in 5-receiver sets.  With that ratio change, the Als are going to activate Ray Drew.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/aloue ... -underused

HfxTC

Quote from: "okie"
You were right Richard.  Als are going sit Tiquan Underwood which I will assume means 2 non-import receivers in 5-receiver sets.  With that ratio change, the Als are going to activate Ray Drew.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/aloue ... -underused

Another ratio ding dong move that backfired.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

RichardVeilleux

Which "ratio ding dong moved that backfired" HfxTC?

Richard

idealsheldon

Well Richard you were right about Ray Drew. But you know I`m not going to sleep all week knowing only 3 International receivers will be dressing!

RichardVeilleux

Situation may not be that bad,Sheldon; after all, Tiquan Underwood has had 8 receptions in 3 games.  Nothing to write hope about.

Richard

HfxTC

Sure let's take out one of the three receivers that produced on this 16 point offense, what could possibly go wrong?  :roll:

1   UNDERWOOD, TiquanMTL   3   8   14   121   23   15.1   27   1   0
9   JACKSON, Ernest           MTL   3   7   14     67     8     9.6           31   1   1

RichardVeilleux

How can you say "backfired",HfxTC, when a game with only 3 Int. WR's has not happened yet?

Richard

okie

On the Als This Week, Rick Moffat said with the signing of Brandon Stewart, Chip Cox could be moved back to linebacker.  What is more notable is that he also thought the Als might play a 3-4 defense more often.

Today is Samuel Giguère's birthday as he turns 32.  Als social media usually acknowledges birthdays as they probably will sent their best wishes later in the day.  I am only mentioning this because John Bowman turned 35 two days ago to my knowledge, the team never said anything.

Are the Als going to keep 6 QB's all year?  Maybe they are psychic and forsee a need for the extra QB's soon?  Drew Willy is now in his 3rd week with the team.  Is that not enough time to evaluate him as compared to the others on the roster?  What are the Als going to do, wait multiple weeks more until a grade is given to Antonio Pipkin before the team makes a decision?

mike2579

Maybe Ray Drew is Randy Drew and legally changed his name to Randy
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

tony

Quote from: "RichardVeilleux"
Situation may not be that bad,Sheldon; after all, Tiquan Underwood has had 8 receptions in 3 games.  Nothing to write hope about.

Richard

And Jackson has 67 yards in three games. I would say nothing to write home about either.

Users Online

103 Guests, 1 User (20 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
toddstattoo, Yahoo! (2), Google (18)

Most Online Today: 149. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)