argofan90

I admit it , I have stadium envy.   I have been to BMO and the sight lines are great and there is plenty of leg room.

But after watching the game a New Mosaic, I have total and complete stadium envy...   I would love a stadium like that in Toronto.  Not one built from a Soccer stadium but a real football stadium

Anyone else have envy?

sth1988

drummer_god

I felt this way after visiting IGF as it Craps over all the eastern stadiums.

letsgoticats

I know what you mean.  But then I think back to the days of Ivor Wynne, and I'm happy for what we've got now.

EastVanMark

I think 8 other cities have the envy right about now. As about as perfect of a CFL stadium as you can get.

Mightygoose

I think this happens after every new venue opens up in every sport.

Hence Calgary's owners are constantly bringing up New Mosiac and IGF when wanting a new place for the Stamps. Similar for Flames, they bring up the new buildings in Edmonton  (and Quebec City). If new buildings happen, everywhere else gets 'older'.

Saying that, I'm happy with BMO

KevinRiley2

I enjoy THF and I am not the envious type.  :)
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Grover

The timing was right for the Riders to get the new Stadium started, at any other time later it never would have happened the way it did.

Interesting read here.

http://leaderpost.com/sports/football/c ... rve-thanks

The window of opportunity, after all, proved to be very small. A funding deal for a new stadium was struck in 2012, five years before the pigskin palace officially opened.

By the time the Roughriders first played a game in the new stadium, the City of Regina and Province of Saskatchewan were dealing with situations where money was considerably tighter.

Given today’s economic climate, it would be virtually impossible for civic and/or provincial officials to make a case for funding a stadium.

In 2007, by contrast, the economy was booming. By 2012, the conditions were still conducive to conceptualizing and building a new sporting facility.

“When I look at the market today, am I ever glad we got it done in 2012, because I’m not too sure that the conditions would allow us to do one today,” former Roughriders chairman of the board Roger Brandvold told me a few weeks ago.

“This was a very small window of opportunity here in Saskatchewan,” Regina mayor Michael Fougere added. “We all had to be aligned at the right time to make it happen. If you don’t seize it, it’s gone forever … and we did it.”

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "Grover"
“This was a very small window of opportunity here in Saskatchewan,” Regina mayor Michael Fougere added. “We all had to be aligned at the right time to make it happen. If you don’t seize it, it’s gone forever … and we did it.”[/i]
The CFL is stadium blessed.  We went from a time when people feared all our stadiums would collapse, to today, when only Calgary is a worry.

cflisthebest

It truly Is a sight To behold.  Feels like a smaller NFL style stadium that I saw in New Jersey, I'm so glad I was at the first game.
A Proud member of the Rider Nation!

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "cflisthebest"
It truly Is a sight To behold.  I'm so glad I was at the first game.
:thup:

StormRider1

Was at the first game, its a great stadium, was really impressed, and if the Peg had it loud in there new barn, me thinks this place will be even louder. Volume was way up from old stadium. wind is way down... yah really enjoyed the game, had arm room and leg room!!

brianjoxx

Quote from: "KevinRiley2"
“This was a very small window of opportunity here in Saskatchewan,” Regina mayor Michael Fougere added. “We all had to be aligned at the right time to make it happen. If you don’t seize it, it’s gone forever … and we did it.”[/i]
The CFL is stadium blessed.  We went from a time when people feared all our stadiums would collapse, to today, when only Calgary is a worry.

What there are 3  worst stadiums in league then Calgary. Your reading to much crappy media stories.
Of course the flames own both team and would like great palaces to increase profit for owners at tax payers expenses. Really!!

BCRiderFan

Quote from: "brianjoxx"
Quote from: "KevinRiley2"

What there are 3  worst stadiums in league then Calgary. Your reading to much crappy media stories.
Of course the flames own both team and would like great palaces to increase profit for owners at tax payers expenses. Really!!

What 3 stadiums would those be? Montreal, and.....
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

canadianfootballfan

Quote from: "argofan90"
I admit it , I have stadium envy.   I have been to BMO and the sight lines are great and there is plenty of leg room.

But after watching the game a New Mosaic, I have total and complete stadium envy...   I would love a stadium like that in Toronto.  Not one built from a Soccer stadium but a real football stadium

Anyone else have envy?

BMO, with a 27,000 capacity, is already waaaaay too big for the Toronto football culture.  10,000 people will look even worse in a 33,000 seater.

Users Online

154 Guests, 5 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
djrobertson2017, mycko75, mr62cats, RiX, TeddyFay, Google (9)

Most Online Today: 176. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)