aulcee

Nasty Nate ,you have been banned from every Bomber site.I will now challenge every BS Statement  you make.

papazoola

Quote from: "Lyle B. Style"
Stamps duct-tape D just too much for bomber offense to handle.

Plop having an off-nite as OC . . . . some really dumb plays!

Key now is whether Calgary has enough depth to hang on to their 3rd quarter lead - and stamina

cuz the one positive thing about the bombers is they don't have any quit in them!

.....No quit.....just not good enough  playing a team that's obvious leagues above us..and very obviously better coached....Even on one leg stumps look better...Sad testament to years of frustration with that poor showing.......What else can you say :thdn:  :thdn:  :thdn:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "papazoola"

Key now is whether Calgary has enough depth to hang on to their 3rd quarter lead - and stamina

cuz the one positive thing about the bombers is they don't have any quit in them!

.....No quit.....just not good enough  playing a team that's obvious leagues above us..and very obviously better coached....Even on one leg stumps look better...Sad testament to years of frustration with that poor showing.......What else can you say :thdn:  :thdn:  :thdn:

I think the post-game radio shows will attribute this dud to Nichols having an off nite.

If laying a giant egg-turd at mid-field can be called an off-nite!!!  :cowboy:
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

pigseye2015

They all stunk in the second half not just Nichols.

papazoola

I think the post-game radio shows will attribute this dud to Nichols having an off nite.

.......AND IN FRONT OF 30k....that'll sure have the locals scrambling for tix...That showing didn't convince anyone that this club has made any advancement since last year...Looks like we'll be fighting in the second tier.....or maybe third tier......orrrrr you call it....I'm going to point out a difference in coaching that may seem minor but players and fans pick up on it very quickly...It seems like Mike Zero is in a cloud on some plays...We intercepted a pass in the end zone and our guy was clearly in bounds as he got one foot down...no challenge from the bench....Tricky Dicky challenges a play, that I still don't know how was allowed, and he wins it....Message to O'Shea ...give your head a shake and quit pulling off the same crap you did when you broke in as a head coach....wake the hell up and use the refs. like the other guy....Show some emotion on the bench instead of hiding behind the players when things go south...This club is poorly coached and my expectations for this year have dropped off dramatically....My one word for that effort tonight...bull$hit.

If laying a giant egg-turd at mid-field can be called an off-nite!!!  :cowboy:

pigseye2015

My expectations were/are low for this group. We didn't really make any improvements, just shuffled some deck chairs around. I still don't believe that Kenny Stafford wasn't good enough to make the team but we Hurl was to start at MLB, that's whack.

DAN38

Our 2nd game against the 3rd game of the best team.... Lots of rookie mistakes. Good teams let rookies mature...Nichols trying to force the ball in. He should have taken what was given and used Harris more....As long as we learn from this, we will get better.... Most of recent wins were come from behind. That's great, but we need a couple of dominant wins to get a bit more cocky... There was a lot of good in this game !

Besides the loss, the worst part of the evening was listening to Suitor and Cuthbert's never ending blather about Calgary's win record over Winnipeg. I love my mute button.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "pigseye2015"
My expectations were/are low for this group. We didn't really make any improvements, just shuffled some deck chairs around. I still don't believe that Kenny Stafford wasn't good enough to make the team but we Hurl was to start at MLB, that's whack.

The only significant improvement is one of experience on o-line. Bond, Harddick, Chungh, etc. are all good CFL ballers. Goosen is still  a development player, a below average centre who gets dominated when other teams need a guy to push around.

D-line is improved. They put a spirited rush on BOastMaster - but no real creativity on blitzes, extra guys were picked off like flies. BLM's only problem was he had too much time.

Rest of team is equal or worse than last year.

DBs - mostly hobos and itinerant interchangeable players
LBs - great positional players but when push comes to shove they get shoved. Especially Hurl.
WRs - couldn't get open all nite. EggMan Nichols couldn't discern red from blue at times, such was the tight coverage
QB - great mythology about Matt Nichols. But he's not elite. Only thing he's superb at is pre & post-game jibber-jab.
Coaching - basically a go-to-hell coaching group. Plop is their best coach and even he couldn't design plays to defeat a depleted Calgary D. O'Shea is in the bottom tier of CFL head coaches (Osh, Corky, Jacques LaLane) and Wiley missing has skedaddled an opportunity to make our good o-line personnel into a monster o-line.

GM - everyone says Gomer Pyle Walters is a rising star. Really? I don't see it. More like a drooping turd.

wbb got little to nothing out of the this year's draft despite having #1, #6 & #14 pickage. Gawdawful . . . !!!     :cowboy:

jamie

I thought Bombers were terrific overall in the first half outside of turnovers and penalties. Totally outplayed Calgary and easily,could have been up by 14 at the half.

Not making excuses but fatigue was going to play a role here. Peg coming off a late Saturday emotional game in Sask probably only getting in one full practice facing Calgary coming off a Thursday night home game.

But nobody makes half time adjustments better than Calgary.

I thought the PI in the 3 Q against Winnipeg tilted the whole game.

aulcee

The only significant improvement is one of experience on o-line. Bond, Harddick, Chungh, etc. are all good CFL ballers. Goosen is still  a development player, a below average centre who gets dominated when other teams need a guy to push around.

D-line is improved. They put a spirited rush on BOastMaster - but no real creativity on blitzes, extra guys were picked off like flies. BLM's only problem was he had too much time.

Rest of team is equal or worse than last year.

DBs - mostly hobos and itinerant interchangeable players
LBs - great positional players but when push comes to shove they get shoved. Especially Hurl.
WRs - couldn't get open all nite. EggMan Nichols couldn't discern red from blue at times, such was the tight coverage
QB - great mythology about Matt Nichols. But he's not elite. Only thing he's superb at is pre & post-game jibber-jab.
Coaching - basically a go-to-hell coaching group. Plop is their best coach and even he couldn't design plays to defeat a depleted Calgary D. O'Shea is in the bottom tier of CFL head coaches (Osh, Corky, Jacques LaLane) and Wiley missing has skedaddled an opportunity to make our good o-line personnel into a monster o-line.

GM - everyone says Gomer Pyle Walters is a rising star. Really? I don't see it. More like a drooping turd.

wbb got little to nothing out of the this year's draft despite having #1, #6 & #14 pickage. Gawdawful . . . !!!     :cowboy:

So 2 games into the season and you have declared all our picks a disaster Nate?We lose one game to the class of the CFL and our coaches are garbage?This is the same BS you have spewed about every GM and coach the Bombers have ever had.What is funny is you pass your self off as a Bomber Fan.   :thdn:

papazoola

......Comparing  the two teams talent wise...I don't think there was a great deal of difference, especially seeing as Cal. had a lot of their starters on the shelf last night...So for me the next thing to look at is coaching...I've come to the conclusion that Mike O'Shea is lacking...It starts with the fire he had as a player and the lack of it as a head honcho....Also the same faults he had when he started out as head coach just keep on re-surfacing and that's not a good sign...As a player you learn from your mistakes...O'Shea as a coach hasn't....If you look closely at our bench, there's seems to be confusion, especially when it comes to a challenge...Cripes after all this time we should have that down to a fine art...We seem hesitant and appear to blunder along looking confused....while over on the other bench they look razor sharp ( especially last night ) They appear to be on top of everything that moves... We seem to be slow off the mark...game wise and decision wise...This isn't a new problem with us and it has cost us in the past and continues to presently... You either have it as a head coach or you don't...Right now we appear that we don't and that's very worrisome...

wolverine29

They all stunk in the second half not just Nichols.

This is probably the truest statement.  Hard to think of anyone that stood out in a good way in the second half.  D couldn't get off the field, looked gassed and a step behind Calgary as BLM made quicker decisions and quicker throws.  On offense, Nichols looked he was taking longer to make his reads, missed throws, some really bizzare play calls.  Maybe you look at special teams as the only part that wasn't a disaster in the second half, although we gave up a couple of longer returns in the second half.

Last year we had a horrible first half in Calgary and came back with a heck of the second half to almost pull out a win.  This year we have a solid first half and blow a halftime lead after completely falling apart in the dressing room.  We have good players and a capable team but seemingly can't put together a full 4 quarters of football.  Unless that changes we'll be fighting for 3rd/4th rather than challenging for 2nd or better.

......Comparing  the two teams talent wise...I don't think there was a great deal of difference, especially seeing as Cal. had a lot of their starters on the shelf last night...So for me the next thing to look at is coaching...I've come to the conclusion that Mike O'Shea is lacking...

Yes and no.  His biggest fault I think still remains that he's too trusting.  He's entrusted the O and D to Lapo and Hall and they have let him down a few too many times.  They're middle of the pack in terms of quality.  It's unfortunate because there was a good one on the market in Tommy Condell.  Since he left Hamilton, Collaros has trended down and has looked just awful this year, meanwhile now that he's in TO with Trestman, Ray, SJ Green, and the crew out there are looking pretty solid.  Trestman has a lot to do with it, but I think Condell is a pretty good offensive coach.

Lyle B. Style

Comparing Tommy Condell to Paul Lapolice just isn't fair. Condell had Snack Collaros @ QB w/ the very offensive-minded Austin as his head coach. Plop left the confines of TSN to be paired up with one of the worst mopes in CFL history (Willy), a sad-sack o-line and a head coach with little or no offensive credentials.

Both PLop & Austin are suffering from inconsistent organizations who suffer from perennial depth issues - and in the Bombers case preferring to recruit solid citizens vs. hi-end talent because they know bad apples could kill fan interest.

I still think fans want winners - not lollipop holders. In days of yore bombers fielded mean (& often dirty) cusses like Phil Minnick, Herb Gray, Ernie Pitts, John Helton, Larry Slagle, Chris Walby, Miles Gorrell, etc. who inspired fear in opponents. The guys we got now inspire opposition confidence - they're kind of mild milquetoasts!

Plop has an above average #1 QB (prolly #6 to #7 in current CFL) , a group of studhorse o-linemen lacking finely tuned coaching (B Wiley). The current crop of WRs is around #5 to #7 in the league (too many slow route runners, some low IQs mixed in) plus a versatile running backs who's very good at everything but NOT exceptional at anything.

Its a formula for failure - because WBB need hi-level offensive production - to offset a very average & poorly coached defense!

pigseye2015

Its a formula for failure - because WBB need hi-level offensive production - to offset a very average & poorly coached defense!

Well said.

Users Online

107 Guests, 14 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
vampiresquid, ExPat, Grover, yougottabekidding, mike619, papazoola, Clawed2bitz, sully, Wumper, GOTC1, blackgold73, Sidney, Yahoo!, Google (15)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)