argonaut11xx

Rogers brings the Argonauts into the MLSE group, and MLSE now owns the name.

Then MLSE gets an expansion franchise, move back to the skydome.

They draw sell-outs every game.

Would you go?

You think Argo tickets are expensive now?

Its a possible scenario if the CFL Argo's continue to struggle.

SO WAKE THE F#*K UP TORONTO and go to see our team in our league
I support L.G.B.T, Liberty Guns Beer Trump .Melting SNOWFLAKES is FUN. Trudeau is an IDIOT

argofan90

First off the NFL is never coming to Toronto but if it did I will attend all games on the following conditions:

They keep the Argos colours
They play the game with 3 downs
They Play the game with 12 Men
They Play the game on a field that is 110 yards X 65 Yards with 20 Yard end zones
And the championship is called the Grey Cup

Only and only under those conditions would I go

argonaut11xx

Sad that in 24 hours, only 1 response,

Your passion is awesome.

How does Toronto wake up to this amazing brand of football?

brihind88

Quote from: "argonaut11xx"
Sad that in 24 hours, only 1 response,

Your passion is awesome.

How does Toronto wake up to this amazing brand of football?

I am here in Calgary.
Although not an Argos fan, I am a CFL fan and I want all CFL teams to have prosperity.

I admit it is disappointing to watch an Argos home game and see red seats out number blue shirts.

I have said this in past posts:

THE ARGOS HAVE GREAT FANS.
There just needs to be more of them.

I love watching old Argos games on youtube with huge crowds at CNE and Skydome. ( 82 EF - GC - 96-97 EF )

I believe, somehow and someway those huge crowds will come back.
It will take some time, but it will happen.

A winning team with exciting players is a start.
I will predict the 2017 Argos will improve as the season goes on and will be in the Grey Cup.

This is a new squad under a new system and when it starts to get into gear, they will dominate the East.
Just hope Ray stays healthy.

THAT WILL START TO GET FANS BACK TO WATCH.

argonaut11xx

Optics is huge, and I don't understand why TSN has the camera's on the west side.

The majority of the fans are in the west side bleachers, the east side is maybe 25%. If they put the cameras on the east side it would at least LOOK better on TV

drummer_god

Sad that in 24 hours, only 1 response

Probably because this thread is silly.

Tipper

Optics is huge, and I don't understand why TSN has the camera's on the west side.

The majority of the fans are in the west side bleachers, the east side is maybe 25%. If they put the cameras on the east side it would at least LOOK better on TV

8) Might disguise the fact to TV viewers, but the real fact remains that there are only 10,000 fans attending, and that's what
     really counts to the Argo owners and the CFL  !!!    :oops:

Pocho

It is indeed a truly disappointing story now that the Argos play in a decent stadium. What the H#^% is going on? Is it poor promotion? After all the present owners have very deep pockets don't they? Of course there's also the "big town" media who cover well, that's an overstatement... Torontonians must awake very soon or the whole league might suffer a tremendous setback. Anyway, even without the Argos, the NFL will never give T.O. a franchise.

If (and I say if) the Argos do sink, a drastic strategy will be needed. Not only will it affect the league but it might affect the other two large markets  (Vancouver and Montreal). These certainly could catch a case of "we are big cities" virus. As an Als fan, the post A.C. seasons have been problematic. So far, the numbers are still good but a couple more sham seasons could spell a BMO like picture. Of course, Vancouver is another possible case if the Lions don't do well.

The CFL is the only professional league truly Canadian. It has a rich history and traditions that can't be replace. IMHO, a serious effort should be made so it can be a coast to coast league with proper political support and will (I wouldn't complain if my tax dollars are used to that effect) Why not? We pay for many "cultural programs" that mean nothing to the vast majority of Canadians.

batkinson001

Yesterday's crowd of over 16000 was the best we have had this season at BMO.

the affordable ticket promotions are helping and the team and us fans need to continue promoting them and make the stadium THE place to be.
Argos season ticket holder 2010-2014, 2016-2017
Member of the Double Blue Order, Section 116 in the Fan Zone at BMO Field.

Users Online

73 Guests, 8 Users (4 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Dr.Whiskey, Mightygoose, argos0906, Lyle B. Style, J5V, alphamale111, sully, Yahoo!, Google (3)

Most Online Today: 127. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)