RichardVeilleux

No, I don't expect Bo Levi to be injured tonight but, nevertheless, I am confident that the Als will beat them next Friday. To me, they have a very good offense but not a defence as good or dominant as Edmonton and BC. I expect these two teams to finish the regular season ahead of Calgary.

Richard

idealsheldon

Calgary has been going through a lot of injuries on the d-line (not sure if Klassen has played) and in the def. backfield. Also on the o-line where they have been forced to use an International at centre.

We`ll know more about them after tonight.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

tony

I still would not bet my retirement money on the Als beating the Stamps next week.

Unless Chaps has a breakthrough mind session this upcoming week on how to call a strong offensive game. Not to mention costly penalties and a ST unit that struggles to gain more than a couple of yards on returns.
I expect them to be 1-3.

Niagara Als

Bo Levi and company were quite good this evening so Calgary looks very strong at this point. I agree with you Tony that Chaps, having a week to prepare, has to come up with a game plan that will give our team a better chance to win.
I feel that Sutton must play a role and, I think that Cunningham should go long more often and,Ernest should go to slot. If Gigure is with health, give him a wide slot and, remember he has the strength to often break the initial defender and acquire some yac yards which turned unto first downs at the end of last season.Keep throwing to Lewis.
There exists a universal truth that " if what you are doing is not working then, do something else."
The OT must strip together some first downs, which will diminish the time the tired defensive group plays in Q4. Good hunting Chaps. I cant resist pointing out Jovan J should still be playing for our Team.
This season we have more and more DBs, moving in and out of the rooster. And, it now appears we have more and more QBs taking the same route.

Johnny Ticat slayer

A very disappointing start to the season!

So far, it seems no progress has been made. Durant is playing like Kevin Glenn. The team is undisciplined and gets far too many penalties. A dull ineffective passing game.

A defense that cannot get off the field. Because of the defense, the team loses time of possession and the field position battle every single game.

This team looks just like the Popp coached 2016 team...  :thdn:  

Low fan turnouts at the stadium, and a good number of this forum's regular posters are posting less frequently.

Can you feel the apathy and indifference growing constantly for the Alouettes? Johnny does.   :(  
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

idealsheldon

There`s a market for CFL football in Montreal, but there has to be an exciting competitive team. Something we haven`t seen for the last 5 years or so. I said I would wait till the bye week to pass judgement, but so far Kavis and Chapdelaine look to be in over their heads.

For me personally the highlight of the last few seasons has been going out to Lennoxville for the 1st day of training camp. It quickly goes downhill from there.

You know there are issues when the debates on the forum have been over which is the bigger problem, the Als offense or defense, or who sucks more, the DEs or the DTs.

Johnny, how about stirring things up with a poll. Like how many losses will it take for Kavis to fire Chap and take over as Head Coach? :D

RichardVeilleux

Quite early to  start talking about firing the Head Coach, Sheldon. Yes, there are disappointments but the Als have been in all the games,so far. A tough test next Friday and I am still confident that they Als will win.

Richard

idealsheldon

I`m exaggerating about firing Chapdelaine. But his offense has so far been a major disappointment. No better than Schonert`s or A.C.`s in terms of creativity. And yet we kept hearing how complicated it is.

Will it improve? Yeah it`s still early, but the history of the last few years has made me cynical.

RichardVeilleux

If the Als lose the next game by a high score, I do think that we could see changes in players rather than the coach.

I do know that given the lack of good Nat.WR's,particularly with Giguère out, it is understanding that 4 Int. WR's are dressed. Teams such as BC,Edmonton and Calgary dress only 3 Int. WR's and I would like the Als to do so. With a good running game and a good running back as Sutton you cannot give him the ball 15 times or more a "feed" the 4 Int. WR's; last game Nik Lewis told Didier Ormejuste that he was opened quite often and should have received the ball more. His comments were not well received by Pierre Vercheval,Bruno Heppell and Matthieu Proulx.  I do think that the offense would be as good with 3 Int. WR's; the team would also benefit with the addition of an Int. DT replacing the fourth Int. WR out.

Richard

AlsPal

Quote from: "Johnny Ticat slayer"

So far, it seems no progress has been made. Durant is playing like Kevin Glenn. The team is undisciplined and gets far too many penalties. A dull ineffective passing game.

A defense that cannot get off the field. Because of the defense, the team loses time of possession and the field position battle every single game.

Low fan turnouts at the stadium, and a good number of this forum's regular posters are posting less frequently.

Can you feel the apathy and indifference growing constantly for the Alouettes? Johnny does.   :(  
I'll start watching games and posting again when Durant is no longer the QB.

Might be some time.

jkm

Quote from: "Johnny Ticat slayer"

Got that right, Johnny!

HfxTC

When you ditch guys like Green and Woods and you toss money at Plesius, Bailey and five QB's hiding them on game day. Your not going to make any friends with fans like me.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

mike2579

Seeing sj green catch over 200 yards this game makes me wanna vomit. I think im buying a argos green jersey with my overtime money for the game im attending in august
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

tony

Quote from: "HfxTC"
When you ditch guys like Green and Woods and you toss money at Plesius, Bailey and five QB's hiding them on game day. Your not going to make any friends with fans like me.

And then watching Green catch for 210 yards and a TD, Argos winning a thriller over the RB.
The star receiver Reed signed in favour of Green with 67 yards after three games.
His star QB siging at $400k and just barely an average over 200 yards passing.
A HC who has not had an idea how to run an offense so far.
Hard to stay positive about Reed and Chaps.

tony

Quote from: "RichardVeilleux"
Quite early to  start talking about firing the Head Coach, Sheldon. Yes, there are disappointments but the Als have been in all the games,so far. A tough test next Friday and I am still confident that they Als will win.

Richard

When can talk about firing the HC. Better yet, start with the GM who has assembled the players?
When they go 1-4 ? Which is very possible given the next two games.

If they do go 1-4, I will be leading the way to start the Fire Reed and Chaps.
I for one am tired of losing football.

Users Online

60 Guests, 0 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 139. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)