Lyle B. Style

Live from antiquated McMahon stadium in Cowtown.

17-9 Stamps w/ a couple minutes left in the 1st half.

Rod Black drew the short straw tonite - paired with the vociferous Glen Suitor rather than the dour and reluctant Duane Forde.

Rod really on the ball tonite (sic) - continually missing I.D.'s of receivers, tacklers and penalty calls. Obviously he's sick bad on identifying injuries but that's an art - one that obviously can't be taught to this dudsack.

Key for Suitor is to ignore the idiocy of the guy beside him and just do what he normally does. Plod out a gameplan regardless of score or change of direction.

Now tied at 17 as I type - D'Onte Spencer busts a return for a massive TD return. Maher had the angle but ran out of leg speed as Spencer destroyed his tackling angle!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

KevinRiley2

Good game, tonight.  Lots of scoring so far in the season.  Nice to see.   :thup:
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Lyle B. Style

Stamp players dropping like flies (tonite's game for sure; but they lost some good ones prior)

However, the Stamps have a great formula for 'Next Man Up'; unparalleled in our league.

If bombers, riders, ticats, argos, als had this kind of player loss they'd be tossing in the towel 'HEY MICK' - cuz some of these teams, even the starters aren't as well-drilled as the stampede backups!

KevinRiley2

Great game.   :thup:

rpaege

These two teams are as good as they get in the CFL. It's an amazing collection of talent.

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "rpaege"
These two teams are as good as they get in the CFL. It's an amazing collection of talent.
Yup.  Such amazing fireworks.

KevinRiley2

Insane game...  in a good way.

rpaege

And a huge shout out to this guy and his first CFL TD!

GO RAVENS   :rockin:

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "rpaege"
And a huge shout out to this guy and his first CFL TD!

GO RAVENS   :rockin:
Canadian kid from Nigeria.  I like it!   :thup:

Lyle B. Style

Insane - most of the game looks like a Milt Stegall/Geroy Simon hi-lite reel . . . .  :cowboy:

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "Lyle B. Style"
Insane - most of the game looks like a Milt Stegall/Geroy Simon hi-lite reel . . . .  :cowboy:
Every game should be like this.   :rockin:

2ez

This has been a crazy entertaining game ... but that extra point went through the uprights did it not??? Why didn't they review? Maybe they did silently like other scoring plays but to me that looked good even with tough camera angle.

Doesn't seem to matter now but that was a huge point to miss out on.

Lyle B. Style

The Wretchblacks are finally running out of steam!

Now, everyone will focus on the Grey Cup champeens being winless entering Week 3 . . . .

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "2ez"
This has been a crazy entertaining game ... .
Yes.

but that extra point went through the uprights did it not??? Why didn't they review? Maybe they did silently like other scoring plays but to me that looked good even with tough camera angle.
Agree.  It went thru - thankfully, it won't make a difference.

Doesn't seem to matter now but that was a huge point to miss out on.
Yup.

Vermonter

Kinda rough, but hey. How many East Division teams will be able to peel a point off of Calgary this year?

The ORBs

Users Online

99 Guests, 3 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
raymarkca, ozurak020, Chewbaca1973, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 155. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)