Abendschan

Will be a dandy of a game against Winnipeg in the new stadium, so intrigued by the game last week. The Montreal FG kicker also missed from the 45 going the other way, so now I don't feel so bad when the Rider kicker missed his 45 yard attempt.
Empire Stadium 1970 Nov. 1 - Jack Abendschan Autograph
Saskatchewan  33
B.C.  Lions  13

nowhereman

Quote from: "Abendschan"
Will be a dandy of a game against Winnipeg in the new stadium, so intrigued by the game last week. The Montreal FG kicker also missed from the 45 going the other way, so now I don't feel so bad when the Rider kicker missed his 45 yard attempt.
A LOT of kickers missed "gimme" kicks last week (Paredes, Long, etc.), so giving Crapigna a pass week 1.

PrideLivesHere

I am optimistic that we come out with a 'W' against the Pig.

Go Riders Go
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Ignoring the Haters since May 11, 2006

depopulationINC

45 is hardly a gimme but one you hope to make most times.  Craps has been pretty good and I think hit a 50+ walkoff last season...he has been pretty reliable for the most part....the wind bested him.

No matter what happened in that game they put themselves in a position to win it and at the end of the day asking for a
longer but reasonable FG to win it...most will take that.

Will be interesting seeing as these teams met in preseason...remember that Rider 1s and 2s got the better of the Bombers pretty consistently...it was the 3rds of the Bombers and Bennett that changed that game.  Most of those guys are no longer with either club.

If they put the heat on like they did in that game I expect good results.  If they apply pressure only about 1% of the time like last week it might be a different story.  Nichols is a QB that I would want to be in his face as much as possible.  The secondary played "ok" last week (some drops made them look better than they were) but the front of the D was pushing into coverage most downs and it saw a pile of 3 man fronts....I don't mind the 3 man fronts....they have the DL to do some of that this year unlike last...but they still needs to mix in more rush packages with it than last week...which I would assume would be seen after a full week of practice as opposed to 1 day and a walk through.

nowhereman

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
45 is hardly a gimme but one you hope to make most times.  Craps has been pretty good and I think hit a 50+ walkoff last season...he has been pretty reliable for the most part....the wind bested him.

I was actually referring to the shorter ones that Paredes and Long missed.

depopulationINC

Muamba likely out for game...been in and out of practice this week.

depopulationINC

cancel that....Muamba on the 6 (knee)...ouch

I see Sam E is back and will be starting in his place...ratio loss and new to the spot.  interesting.  I expect to see Grondin get some looks for ratio flex.  Very interesting that they took Gaydosh off with 46 with a key ratio guy out as playing 2 NI DT is an option.  Bagg is back...expecting him to see lighter reps or even not make the 44...should see this happen with LaFrance next week.  Hect is now listed above Edem on the depth chart...not sure if that means anything.

nowhereman

Tull not on the depth chart  :?

depopulationINC

3 down lineman way too much.
Key to this game was pressure.
Whenever they applied it they had success...the simply didn't apply frequently enough.

I've rarely been this disgusted with a coach.

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
3 down lineman way too much.
Key to this game was pressure.
Whenever they applied it they had success...the simply didn't apply frequently enough.

I've rarely been this disgusted with a coach.

Lol you should check out RF. The pitch forks are being sharpened to needle like points.  Yeah the defensive scheme just plain sucked. Dropping 9? Really a WTF moment and still getting burned. Offensive scheme not much better either. Glen had 50 pass attempts. Yes 50 so much for a more balance attack.

Sure Craps should have made the kick but honestly if Nichols was sharp in the first half and I doubt it would have gotten to OT. Glenn was Glenn. Some good plays and then thrown in a couple  of bad picks. Still if you put up 40 and walk away with a L in the standings your in trouble.

de ja vous of 15?

StormRider1

Quote from: "Abendschan"
Great game, although once again FG kicker's technique on the plant foot is an issue I feel. Like two games in a row Crapinga, sorry man but ya have to go.

Totally disagree, we lost this in the 3rd quarter, our D had a complete break down, hell Dressler had no one around him. Had a 20 yard buffer, blame the kicker.... not... the D lost this game. I will be surprised if we win 5 games this year. Our D still sucks.

ed ohmnes

I guess there's a reason Calgary traded him,  but I think when the defence lets 43 points get scored, it's hard to win any games,  Nichols just warmed up in the first half and what dressler lacks in height , he sure makes up in speed and smarts.

ed ohmnes

I would like to see the other q.b.get some playing  time as soon as he's ready, even a quarter or half in some spot duty ,to help bring him along,  so we're not stuck if glen gets knocked out for a bit .

GC Bound

Well 2 close games not won. The teams aren't going to get easier.
I hope this doesn't become a trend (repeat of 2016 close game loses)
Just saying taking the next step means getting more vicious for 61 minutes straight!   :cowboy:

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "ed ohmnes"
I would like to see the other q.b.get some playing  time as soon as he's ready, even a quarter or half in some spot duty ,to help bring him along,  so we're not stuck if glen gets knocked out for a bit .

I don't think it's a matter of if but more a matter of when. Glenn took some good licks in that game and was a bit slow to get up from a couple of them. I hope it doesn't happen but the reality is that it most likely will.

Users Online

101 Guests, 6 Users (13 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
JoeyT, stevehvh, joe, Habsfan, Argofan_1000, Yahoo!, Google (12)

Most Online Today: 126. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)