Paolo X

Quote from: "Evil Doctor"
Quote from: "Mightygoose"

TSN really needs to get a streaming only service rolled out like yesterday. I don't even know if the CFL is allowed to seek one like Twitter  (their weekly show is there) under their contract.

Not having their product available to stream in the millenial market they wish to grow might as well be a blackout and we all know how that turned out.

Isn't that what TSN Go is?

Questions for Canadian viewers:
1) TSN Go - Is the TSN Go service included with your cable subscription, or do you have to pay extra for streaming even if you have internet service?
2) Other Streaming - If you are unable to obtain TSN Go in Canada for whatever reason, are you able to obtain another stream of any given CFL game much as do people around the world? Since the 2010 season after joining this forum, I encountered failure only last season on a handful of games. Even with the pervasive nature of the internet any more, we are still not near there for sake of a truly on demand world for viewing of content. Most of us would pay for such a service, but the industry has not made anything easy and/or cheap and until it does I'm sailing the pirate seas.
Best Regards, Paolo

BCRiderFan

I have Shaw Cable and since I subscribe to TSN I can stream to all my devices with Freerange TV for no extra charge. It's been around over a year now. You also need a Shaw internet connection. I have actually watched a game while getting my brake pads done  :)
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

Cool

Quote from: "Paolo X"
Questions for Canadian viewers:
1) TSN Go - Is the TSN Go service included with your cable subscription, or do you have to pay extra for streaming even if you have internet service?
2) Other Streaming - If you are unable to obtain TSN Go in Canada for whatever reason, are you able to obtain another stream of any given CFL game much as do people around the world? Since the 2010 season after joining this forum, I encountered failure only last season on a handful of games. Even with the pervasive nature of the internet any more, we are still not near there for sake of a truly on demand world for viewing of content. Most of us would pay for such a service, but the industry has not made anything easy and/or cheap and until it does I'm sailing the pirate seas.

As far as I know, you have to be a Bell subscriber, in order to access TSN Go and that is only with Android or Apple devices.  You need to be able to stream games on a mobile browser, irrelevant of OS, and just pay a simple subscription (i.e. $25 per month).   :thup:
Pull Together everyone

prairiewolf77

I have Shaw for internet and cable as well.

I get TSN Go with the Shaw sign up, but I can only stream the TSN channel that I have with my cable.
I have basic cable and get TSN 3, so that is the only channel I can stream.

vampiresquid

If you subscribe to TSN, you have access to the same TSN channels on TSN Go. I'm with Rogers and get all 5 channels on tv, online and TSN Go. Besides the tv programming, online & TSN Go show other live events not shown on tv. This weekend, it was NBA Summer league games and Gold Cup matches.

If you're a cord cutter, I don't see much value in Sportsnet Now. For about the same price, you can get a skinny package that includes about 20 channels with at least two Sportsnet channels (3 with Rogers).

Paolo X

Quote from: "prairiewolf77"

I get TSN Go with the Shaw sign up, but I can only stream the TSN channel that I have with my cable.

Okay so given that you have internet service, and I understand the explanations given otherwise for those who wish to watch on-the-go and the varying limitations of TSN Go depending on the cable system and package, are you not able to circumvent the limitations if the game is not on TSN3 and just watch a link provided for somewhere online?

That's what many of us without cable with ESPN, or without ESPN3 whatever the case might be, have been doing for years here in the US via our internet connections.
Best Regards, Paolo

KevinRiley2

No ratings news = Bad news.   :(

prairiewolf77

Quote from: "prairiewolf77"

Okay so given that you have internet service, and I understand the explanations given otherwise for those who wish to watch on-the-go and the varying limitations of TSN Go depending on the cable system and package, are you not able to circumvent the limitations if the game is not on TSN3 and just watch a link provided for somewhere online?

That's what many of us without cable with ESPN, or without ESPN3 whatever the case might be, have been doing for years here in the US via our internet connections.

I have not seen any options at this time. I have linked into TSN Go in three different areas of the country, and the only TSN Go channel I can get is the one that is linked with my local cable, and that is TSN 3. I have not seen anywhere that I can get the other streaming channels or even subscribe on TSN Go for the other channels

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "KevinRiley2"
No ratings news = Bad news.   :(
I'm starting to HATE Tuesdays.    :cry:

KevinRiley2

Still nothing.  The numbers must have been BAD.   :cry:

drummer_god

Relax. Breathe.

Paolo X

Oh well I guess it IS that bad.  But I have to wonder if the ratings for the French-language audiences are still up quite high?

In the meantime, I looked at attendance figures so far with Hamilton out of the picture given no home game yet.

It's more of the same I suppose with Toronto, BC, and Montreal all drawing terribly so far and as usual. I wonder how much better Montreal drew when Calvillo was playing?

So much for the move to BMO Field, and so much for the Olympic Stadium strategy with the commentary for years on BC Place unchanged.

We'll see if the rest of the teams continue to draw about 25K or more steadily at home.
Best Regards, Paolo

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "drummer_god"
Relax. Breathe.
You're right.

Perhaps it will bottom out and grow as we approach 2021.  That is the hope.

Oh well I guess it IS that bad.  But I have to wonder if the ratings for the French-language audiences are still up quite high?
I just want some good news.  Is that really too much to ask?

oskee7777

Week 3 English language CFL ratings

Thursday
B.C. at Montreal: 362,000

Friday
Calgary at Winnipeg: 478,000

Saturday
Toronto at Ottawa: 453,000
Hamilton at Saskatchewan.: 628,000

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "oskee7777"
Week 3 English language CFL ratings

Thursday
B.C. at Montreal: 362,000

Friday
Calgary at Winnipeg: 478,000

Saturday
Toronto at Ottawa: 453,000
Hamilton at Saskatchewan.: 628,000
Thanks!

Add the RDS and Thursday, Friday and Saturday night (late) break 500K.  Still not good.   :thdn:

Users Online

102 Guests, 8 Users (6 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Sidney, bobo82, Mightygoose, tony, 15_championships, mycko75, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)