HfxTC

Quote from: "ro1313"
Quote from: "HfxTC"
Als were said to be losing 30 minutes of practice each time. That is 90 minutes of practice a week, in the CFL that is huge.

Ok 15 minutes each way....not 10 :wink:

That is what the Coaching staff was saying last summer....
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

ro1313

Als were said to be losing 30 minutes of practice each time. That is 90 minutes of practice a week, in the CFL that is huge.

That is what the Coaching staff was saying last summer....

I was being sarcastic

ro1313

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Stade Hebert is fan friendly and has parking, but the times I went there were no more than 10 people, not counting the bus drivers. Not exactly Sask.

I agree there ate not that many people but I just retired and live 5 minutes away and was planning on checking out lots of practises  

I`m not familiar with the soccer field as far as access. Is it adjacent to Pierre Charbonneau? There`s parking there, but you have to pay.

Its that dark square between  where it says stade Saputo and Planetarium  Rio Tino  Alcan

Sherbrook in the photo runs vertically to the left  Viau runs along the top at about a 45 deg angle

ro1313

Quote from: "cahoonrules86"
If I recall correctly, back in 2008-09-10 or thereabouts.   I remember watching the Als practice in that green space area by the biodome. I don't tecall seeing any lines, but i could be wrong.

They had lines and goal posts in 2009 when this pic was taken

The last time I was there they didn't

idealsheldon

From today`s photos on their twitter there appear to be lines.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

disciplineandpunish

This is huge, and a big up to Boivin and Reed for doing in one offseason what Popp couldn't do in 20 years. They were losing tons of time per day to travel. Fifteen minutes may not seem like a lot, but it adds up when you consider that the CFL prohibits players from practicing more than a few hours per day.  :thup:  :thup:  :thup:
"I coach good players a lot better than I coach bad players." -Mark Nelson

LeStaf

Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"
This is huge, and a big up to Boivin and Reed for doing in one offseason what Popp couldn't do in 20 years. They were losing tons of time per day to travel. Fifteen minutes may not seem like a lot, but it adds up when you consider that the CFL prohibits players from practicing more than a few hours per day.  :thup:  :thup:  :thup:

Avec les cônes oranges, c'était peut-être rendu à 90 minutes par jour...  :twisted:
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

disciplineandpunish

Quote from: "LeStaf"
Quote from: "disciplineandpunish"

Avec les cônes oranges, c'était peut-être rendu à 90 minutes par jour...  :twisted:

Yeah, no kidding. The city of "roadwork" (mob jobs). ;)

cahoonrules86

Quote from: "cahoonrules86"
If I recall correctly, back in 2008-09-10 or thereabouts.   I remember watching the Als practice in that green space area by the biodome. I don't tecall seeing any lines, but i could be wrong.

They had lines and goal posts in 2009 when this pic was taken

The last time I was there they didn't

Yes, i remember now.  that picture brings back memories.  Players simply walked out of the locker room and into the field.  I vividly recall Trestman yelling at Davis Sanchez.   He said, "Davis if you are not going to run hard, don't bother running at all." Lol...good times.!!

idealsheldon

Also surprising is they never had a weight room before.

This season, the players have a weight room at Olympic Stadium and will charter to road games, giving the organization a more professional appearance.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... -alouettes

ro1313

Also surprising is they never had a weight room before.

This season, the players have a weight room at Olympic Stadium and will charter to road games, giving the organization a more professional appearance.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/footb ... -alouettes

They had one before at least they had one years ago

I remember reading an article back in the days of the expos, Barry Bonds walked in while the Als were using it and he acted like he owned the place

idealsheldon

They had one before at least they had one years ago

I remember reading an article back in the days of the expos, Barry Bonds walked in while the Als were using it and he acted like he owned the place

Well they say Bonds had a big head. :D

okie

Avec ce nouveau partenariat, l’organisation montréalaise a loué le terrain synthétique situé entre le Stade olympique et le Stade Saputo pour ses exercices de la présente semaine en prévision de la partie de jeudi. À compter de lundi, ils déménageront à l’intérieur de l’ancien domicile des Expos jusqu’au mois de septembre. Puis, ils retourneront à l’extérieur pour les derniers matchs de la saison régulière et les éliminatoires.

Ce changement permettra de sauver l’équivalent de deux heures dans la préparation de l’équipe sur une base hebdomadaire.

Même si le terrain actuel est bien situé, il n’est pas parfait. Son plus grand défaut, c’est l’absence de poteaux dans la zone des buts.

Ce qui signifie que le botteur Boris Bede doit s’enligner sur un charriot élévateur pour effectuer ses tentatives de placement. Une méthode d’entraînement un peu rustique disons. Par contre, l’ancien du Rouge et Or de Laval ne s’en plaint pas et il compose avec cet élément.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/06/20/les- ... est-fini-1

tony

On a good day; construction holiday when everyone is on vacation   :wink:

ro1313

Honestly its a 10 minute drive

I live in the area

Users Online

96 Guests, 1 User (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 173. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)