idealsheldon

Joey Alfieri? @joeyalfieri  41m41 minutes ago

No more yellow busses to Stade-Hebert for the #AlsMTL. They're practicing on the turf field behind Olympic Stadium #TSN690

Getting a little more professional - private plane and now a practice field at the Big O.

I had read that Kavis had met with the RIO people during the winter. If this is the result, good on him.
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

HfxTC

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Joey Alfieri? @joeyalfieri  41m41 minutes ago

No more yellow busses to Stade-Hebert for the #AlsMTL. They're practicing on the turf field behind Olympic Stadium #TSN690

Getting a little more professional - private plane and now a practice field at the Big O.

Was that so hard? Good job Patrick!
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

idealsheldon

Herb is at practice and tweeting. Did he mention anything about the new practice site? Of course not.

HfxTC

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Herb is at practice and tweeting. Did he mention anything about the new practice site? Of course not.

He's looking for his next "hit job". I suspect it will come in the form of roster management against Kavis or he may be sharpening his knives in the event the team struggles on thursday.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

idealsheldon

Here`s the story on Kavis meeting with the RIO and a practice field being available. Probably because the Impact have their own training facility now.

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/le-j ... 4183906929

tony

Did the Impact not move to their practice facility in 2015?
If yes, why did the Als only approach the RIO this offseason?

mike2579

This forever or temporary?
Proud Montreal Alouette season ticket holder since 2004. Former Section C2 Row 9, but got tired of missing circus catches in the endzone cuz of a stupid wall! New section M1 row 11!! Few steps away from the mens room!

idealsheldon

From Alferi`s tweet it seems to be permanent. When Stade Hebert was occupied they used to go to another field that had no line markings.

ro1313

Other than saving 10 minutes travel time.  I cant see how this is better
The only field is a soccer field, no football lines and no goal posts

No parking and stands for fans either

I am literally right in the center of the 2. I prefer Hebert

HfxTC

Als were said to be losing 30 minutes of practice each time. That is 90 minutes of practice a week, in the CFL that is huge.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Quote from: "ro1313"
Other than saving 10 minutes travel time.  I cant see how this is better
The only field is a soccer field, no football lines and no goal posts

No parking and stands for fans either

I am literally right in the center of the 2. I prefer Hebert

WTF? How can they practice properly, if they don't even have a proper football field with yardage lines and goal posts?
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

cahoonrules86

If I recall correctly, back in 2008-09-10 or thereabouts.   I remember watching the Als practice in that green space area by the biodome. I don't tecall seeing any lines, but i could be wrong.

idealsheldon

Give the team some credit. They wouldn`t have made the change if they didn`t consider it be beneficial. Not difficult to have lines painted and a goal post put up.

I remember reading the team was losing 40 minutes a day with the travel, maybe they needed faster bus drivers.

Stade Hebert is fan friendly and has parking, but the times I went there were no more than 10 people, not counting the bus drivers. Not exactly Sask.

I`m not familiar with the soccer field as far as access. Is it adjacent to Pierre Charbonneau? There`s parking there, but you have to pay.

HfxTC

Bring a folding chair with a cup holder :) Even a scooter can handle that. I'm sure they will paint lines and add a goal post for Bede to practice. There is also a retrofit of the offices and tower planned for the Big O so the team might be able to move its entire operation in there.

ro1313

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Als were said to be losing 30 minutes of practice each time. That is 90 minutes of practice a week, in the CFL that is huge.

Ok 15 minutes each way....not 10 :wink:

Users Online

124 Guests, 1 User (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Welder, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 163. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)