The Last Word

big time choke by the cat's offense and defense in the final quarter.  Terrible underthrow by Collaros in the fourth into resulting in an INT instead of a potential field goal.  Offense also fails to convert a 2nd and 4 with 1.5 minutes left which would have more or less finished the Eskies.  Cat's defense promptly gives up 75 yards of real estate in 40 seconds.  The curse lives...

Johnny Ticat slayer

Quote from: "The Last Word"
big time choke by the cat's offense and defense in the final quarter.  Terrible underthrow by Collaros in the fourth into resulting in an INT instead of a potential field goal.  Offense also fails to convert a 2nd and 4 with 1.5 minutes left which would have more or less finished the Eskies.  Cat's defense promptly gives up 75 yards of real estate in 40 seconds.  The curse lives...

You can blame REINEBOLD and Austin for this loss. It has nothing to do with a curse related to Bob Young.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

EastVanMark

Ya that Bob Young guy really doesn't know anything. What the Cats need is a REAL owner like Lonie Glieberman.  :cowboy:

The Last Word

Another week, another pasting of the Ticats..all under the ownership of Bob Young.  I have to give credit to him - it's takes a special kind of talent to assemble the management, coaching and players capable of putting together the worst start in Ticats history!

Aerial

Takes a special talent for sure but he's a great owner I say.  He gives it all he has even if the results just don't show up on the scoreboard.  This was an excellent team as we know we Grey Cup appearances.  Just not his time now. 
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

The Last Word

Takes a special talent for sure but he's a great owner I say.  He gives it all he has even if the results just don't show up on the scoreboard.  This was an excellent team as we know we Grey Cup appearances.  Just not his time now.
It will never be his time.  The ticats will never win a Grey Cup as long as he is the owner.

Aerial

Why do you say that?  Makes no sense to me.  The team just doesn't have the guns right now.

The Last Word

First Bob Young decides to employ a person who assaulted his underage babysitter.  Now he hires Briles who was at the forefront of the sexual assault scandal at Baylor - outright ignored or swept under the rug the allegations of countless individuals who came forward.

The curse is a well-earned bit of karma I would say and will continue under his ownership, especially with these types of terrible hiring decisions.

ArgoT

Bob Young is a great guy, there is all kind of evidence that if Bob did not come along the Cats may not be around.

pw13

Bob Young is a great guy, there is all kind of evidence that if Bob did not come along the Cats may not be around.
Yes, he seems to be a great guy who genuinely loves the Ticats and was willing to lose a lot of money to keep them alive. But he of all people should have known that a social media crap storm would erupt over the Briles hiring. So either he was not informed -- in which case heads should roll -- or he is not as smart as I thought.

idealsheldon

I`m fairly certain Bob Young in his heart of hearts was not thrilled with the Briles hiring. But if his football people wanted it, well anything to help the football program!

Kind of similar to Briles at Baylor. 
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

KevinRiley2

Yes, he seems to be a great guy who genuinely loves the Ticats and was willing to lose a lot of money to keep them alive. But he of all people should have known that a social media crap storm would erupt over the Briles hiring. So either he was not informed -- in which case heads should roll -- or he is not as smart as I thought.
We all make mistakes.  God knows I have.  Let's forgive and move on.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

slimjim2

Nothing to do with the owner.
He’s the owner but lives in North Carolina and is a “hands off” owner, that is why he is called “the Caretaker” – he has always stated that he is not involved with the running of the Ticats. Hirings or firings etc are made by Mitchel and the Ticat organization, NOT the owner.
It's not like he is sat in an office in Hamilton running the football team.   He is in North Carolina running his businesses.  

Hammertown Proud

Bob is in Hamilton all the time during the football season.

I see him around the city mid week.

The Last Word

Bob gives one the impression of a kindly meek elderly man but in reality he is Harold Ballard reincarnated. ;D

Users Online

115 Guests, 17 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Palmer, MrLucky, Count Floyd, PrideLivesHere, Wumper, Grover, DavidThompson, RedandWhite, ExPat, bobo82, Mightygoose, AlsPal, letsgoticats, mycko75, LeBird, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)