papazoola

......First of all......Wally Gabler  was picked up in a trade from Toranna, Lyle...we shouldn't have bothered....AND I should have added Khari Jones to the fav. list

.....I agree Wolverine and Dan that preseason tilts are hardly a judgement on how the reg. season is going to play out....It does however point out a very important factor and that is how we recruited in the offseason....I don't think we did enough for the middle line-backing position....but to be fair we'll have to wait till the season get's underway to get a better handle on that...As for my take on Hurl....maybe a leopard can change it's spots...we hope.

....And Dan you're right about the colours....Isn't green the colour of envy?....I think that's what is going on in Regina...I think it got a lot greener, as they look at our line-up this year compared to theirs :wink:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "papazoola"
......First of all......Wally Gabler  was picked up in a trade from Toranna, Lyle...we shouldn't have bothered....AND I should have added Khari Jones to the fav. list

.....I agree Wolverine and Dan that preseason tilts are hardly a judgement on how the reg. season is going to play out....It does however point out a very important factor and that is how we recruited in the offseason....I don't think we did enough for the middle line-backing position....but to be fair we'll have to wait till the season get's underway to get a better handle on that...As for my take on Hurl....maybe a leopard can change it's spots...we hope.

....And Dan you're right about the colours....Isn't green the colour of envy?....I think that's what is going on in Regina...I think it got a lot greener, as they look at our line-up this year compared to theirs :wink:

Bombers certainly better than riders but NOT BY MUCH. Big Blue will finish somewhere between 6-12 and 9-9 while forecast in riderville is 4-14 to 7-11

Way too much dependency on Nichols throwing up 300+ yd games w/ 30+ points in order to minimize our defense's activities.

The Junkyard Fog sees something in Hurl that most don't. All I see is a guy (who happens to be Canadian) grading out well but continually getting pushed and shoved out of the way when play goes to his area.

Same group basically in pass coverage = Loffler the only all-star!

D-line is changing - they cut the ripchord on Rupert Botcher, the 6'4", 380 lb. behemoth who was great other than he couldn't move - unless it was buffet time!

Combine that with a .395 career winning coach, a timid defensive coordinator in Rich Hall - and vola - RECIPE FOR DIMINISHED EXPECTATIONS!

DAN38

I'm wondering why we sign Kenny Stafford and then release him ? I also don't like that Edm. scooped him up before his feet hit the ground. What's going on there ? How many times have we seen this ? Hope this doesn't burn us.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "DAN38"
I'm wondering why we sign Kenny Stafford and then release him ? I also don't like that Edm. scooped him up before his feet hit the ground. What's going on there ? How many times have we seen this ? Hope this doesn't burn us.

Not often - given the nature of this organization most cast-offs have hit the end of the road.

Drew Willy had a short but nasty after-life after getting PTSD in Wpg.

Best example of a guy we had our mitts on that rolled elsewhere and became Hall of Fame - Geroy Simon.

Jovon Johnson is a brokedown hobo - who at 34/35 stioll possesses massive smarts - and can still back up almost any DB spot. Just doesn't have the 4.55 speed he once possessed - now around 4.85/4.9. Johnson was Sask'n rider before being bombered, now he's eastern.

Bombers made a cruel mistake letting Brendan Labatte go - nearly cost a passel of QBs their lives as mgmt. forced to gapfill with underpowered American hobos & undeveloped canucks.

I would have taken one legit Cdn. like Nic Demski over trash & vomit such as Jade Etienne, Addy Richards, Tyson Pencer, the kid who retired early this year, etc.

I think its seting in Faith Ekakitie was a charity pick with our #1. WASTED RESOURCES.
Garbage waste at #8, too. For this year anyways!

wolverine29

Quote from: "DAN38"

Have to say it is a bit weird.  Big signing, expected to be a big play target given his past with Nichols.  I guess they weren't able to rekindle the old Esk magic.  Stafford was pretty much invisible despite getting time in both preseason games.  Basically we're back to receiver being a ? again.  Sounds like Staffords' replacement was to be Washington after 2 big catches in the Esk preseason game but he may be out with injury now.  They like TJ Thorpe but he's spent most of his first month as a Bomber watching from the sidelines and was cut today, possibly to recover and rehab as it seems he may be sticking around.  They added ex-Lion pick Brett Blaczko who has a big opportunity here with no none of the Nationals establishing themselves as the top import.  They also added a couple more import receivers, one a Lions cut the other a Ticats cut.  So in addition to MLB we have another ? at receiver.  I suspect Adams, Dressler, and Denmark will see a lot of balls, as long as they stay healthy.  

Speaking of receivers, looks like Kohlert stuck with the Stamps.  Good for him.

papazoola

.....Blaczko is a big boy with fairly good hands....I like the pick up considering the state of our national receivers....Didn't hear about Washington getting nic'd  but he did show up as best of the new receivers I believe, excluding Thorpe who has come up lame...With all of the talent we brought in it looks like Langford is the only one still around IF Washington can't go... Not great......

...On a side note Andrew Harris came up lame today in practice but O'Shea say's it's nothing serious...Seems he had the same problem getting going last year and I'm sure glad we have Flanders to rely on if we have to...Screws up the ratio if we have to go with Tim but at least it's an option with some juggling.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Lyle B. Style

.....Blaczko is a big boy with fairly good hands....I like the pick up considering the state of our national receivers....Didn't hear about Washington getting nic'd  but he did show up as best of the new receivers I believe, excluding Thorpe who has come up lame...With all of the talent we brought in it looks like Langford is the only one still around IF Washington can't go... Not great......

...On a side note Andrew Harris came up lame today in practice but O'Shea say's it's nothing serious...Seems he had the same problem getting going last year and I'm sure glad we have Flanders to rely on if we have to...Screws up the ratio if we have to go with Tim but at least it's an option with some juggling.

O'Shea seems tighter with specifics than either Kevin Cheveldayoff or Donald Trumpnikov - Harris is a perennial lamer who manages to squeeze out great performances 6 or 7 times a year - now at 30, he might have seen his best days. The new American hobo WR, they always look great in 45 minutes of practice, don't they? Try sustaining that level for a full game, 18 games, etc.

Might be able to slither away with an opening night W in Regina - assuming both Rooster Codger (Glenn) and London Bridge are able to pick apart an expectedly loose Winnipeg secondary.    :cowboy:

papazoola

.....Donald Trumpnikov :lol:  :lol: ...The Green guys were getting all the breaks from the refs. and still couldn't beat a suspect Als team last night...If we don't win next week :roll:  :roll: there's gonna be a few eyebrows raised early...I think we'll lay one on them but in this league... :roll:  :roll: and the referring ...nothing is a given

Lyle B. Style

.....Donald Trumpnikov :lol:  :lol: ...The Green guys were getting all the breaks from the refs. and still couldn't beat a suspect Als team last night...If we don't win next week :roll:  :roll: there's gonna be a few eyebrows raised early...I think we'll lay one on them but in this league... :roll:  :roll: and the referring ...nothing is a given

No hot-headed Bomber fan is gonna like this but I kinda see the bombers getting their arses thumped next week in Regina. Excuse 1 - the Pomp 'n Circumstance factor - how much p 'n c can you muster up in a place where the main smells are potash and tractor engine fumes; Excuse 2 - the riders were a game ahead of us, this was outing #1 for our guys, Harris was a bit lame and Glenn is still playing like a champ (unlike Week 8 or 9 where he'll be lucky to be holding a clip-board); Excuse 3 - Riders were all hepped up and we came out of the chute slowly (typical); but heck those 10 pts we scored in garbage time that'll help sell football at Old IGF.   :cowboy:

wolverine29

If played at the old mosaic I would agree with you.  But with the opening of the new stadium and a larger, louder crowd, compound that with how our D hasn't really improved on cutting drives short early so far it could be trouble for us if the game is close.  It would be trouble for any team I think.

aulcee

Quote from: "wolverine29"

If played at the old mosaic I would agree with you.  But with the opening of the new stadium and a larger, louder crowd, compound that with how our D hasn't really improved on cutting drives short early so far it could be trouble for us if the game is close.  It would be trouble for any team I think.

Our 1st game,their 2nd, New stadium opening,large crowd ect.... It will be tough to eek out a Win. BUT I'm almost salivating at the thought.Oh, the hand wringing and wailing would be  sight to behold.Two best case scenarios,we absolutely  blow them out or just squeak out a Win with a blown Jones decision  in the last seconds. I'd be smiling for weeks. :lol:

papazoola

....I'm going to go out on a limb here, (from which there's no return)....Bombers will lay a beating on this yokels in the opener....This team has progressed and that bunch in Regina has regressed...No excuses for a loss orrrr tie...We're playing for all the marbles now and (sure we'll have pressure) but this one is a win and would look a lot better if it ends up being a walk..We'll see :wink:

Lyle B. Style

....I'm going to go out on a limb here, (from which there's no return)....Bombers will lay a beating on this yokels in the opener....This team has progressed and that bunch in Regina has regressed...No excuses for a loss orrrr tie...We're playing for all the marbles now and (sure we'll have pressure) but this one is a win and would look a lot better if it ends up being a walk..We'll see :wink:

Well, I guess if you're wrong you can do a Kenny Ploen, circa 1965 and just hem 'n haw about next week = = = = = cuz like the sun, next week has a nasty habit of always surfacing!  :cowboy:

My prediction - Rat-Riders 33, Bombers w/ NO NUKES 24
Riders will be ahead something like 22 to 24 points before O'Shea inserts his 2nd level of smelling salts - and bombers pick up 10 to 13 pts. in garbage time! (a specialty of the house)

papazoola

...... Oh Lyle of little faith....you can't be serious...I know we might come out a little rusty, having not played for real yet BUT Corky and his gang are more than rusty...they're just not very good...We shall see...IF we don't come back with 2 pts., I will be concerned...There should be no excuses :D

Users Online

73 Guests, 0 Users (4 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (4)

Most Online Today: 119. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)