bowl450

I have used the bus service for the first three games and drove and walked for the last one.
IMHO, taking the transit bus from the Normanview mall to the game everyone is spaced out and the minimal buses are adequate,
With everyone going back to their vehicles at the same time , after the game the lack of transit buses is what makes the return trip unavoidably long, as I have waited up to an hr to get back to my vehicle, not bad with nice weather and if your in town, but to have an 2-1/2 hrs drive home after the game it's not a good thing.

What would the wait be like if it's raining or the weather is freezing cold ?
Does it have to be city transit buses ?
Why can't they supplement the city transit buses  with school buses ?
Will it shorten the wait time ?
Try it and let's find out.

by driving , parking and walking from and to my vehicle, I had to walk 3 - 1/2 blocks, after the game I was home in roughly 20 min from the time I got out of the stadium.

JimmytheGreek

Is it possible to park at the Brandt center or anywhere the exhibition grounds? I expect there would be  a charge but it would certainly fit the bill as far as being close and right by Lewvan.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "JimmytheGreek "
Quote from: "depopulationINC"
Quote from: "StormRider1"
Well we tried the bus system, from Northgate... we had a close parking spot so short walk to bus, got right on... ok this works. After the game though what a cluster... $%^@. It took us close to 50 mins. just to make it onto a bus. This is fine with a 4:30 start, if this had been a 8pm game... this bus ride would of meant 4 am before we get home. Sorry but this does not work well for us, so looks like I will be walking several blocks if I go to another game. This really was not thought out and there should of been ample parking at the new digs!! For me this plays a major factor if I go to another game this season. My leg just hurts to damn bad to do the walk. a shame really.

My recommendation is that if you are coming from out of town that you drive.  Parking 2  blocks away is available for 10 to 15 bucks and we'll worth it...5 minute walk.  If you show up 2.5 hours early and tailgate you likely park free.  It also puts you on the highway within minutes....way way way faster than old stadium.

Also...if walking is bad you can likely get dropped off and picked up by someone as access to the stadium after the game in that situation is also a breeze.  That would entail walking about half a block.

More parking is in the works but not until next year.  If you are a season ticket holders and walking is an issue then 300 bucks a year for parking...30 bucks a game...is worth it.

One more note...if walking is an issue you can likely qualify to gain handicap permits by visiting your doctor.  Riders will accommodate you from there

So where is this parking lot your referring to? Having not been to Regina in about 5 years and I'm going to be going to the LDC and driving back to PA after the game. I don't want to be stuck for 2 hours trying to get out of Regina and have another 4 hour drive after that so any help on a decent place to  park with quick acess to Lewvan would be  great. Walking  3-6  blocks is not an issue but don't want to have to walk much further then that.

I had thought of parking at Normanview or Nothgate and catching the bus but again if it takes forever to get  back to either mall after the game then that may not be a good idea.

Really anything on the north side of Dewdney.  There are a few options.  Most locals and people doing hotels are taking the bus...because it just makes sense and if you are quick about getting out it should be no more than 20 minutes of wait.  I think the buses are working fairly well overall.  other locals are parking more to the south because it is immediate access to Sask Drive.

there are a couple spots there, small, that provide parking for a fee...lots of street parking if you are willing to walk 2-3 blocks and are willing to show up2-2.5 hours before kickoff.  You get int there and you are insta gone...zero wait.   Like hop in car, turn drive, turn on lewvan...little to no traffic...might be more if you straggle out of the stadium

For me if I am with people that are stragglers I just say "see you at the car in an hour...anyone who wants to come with me feel free" and we hit the rider area...but I understand not everyone has access to there to kill time while things die off.

I have some indoor parking lined up for myslelf.

depopulationINC

Is it possible to park at the Brandt center or anywhere the exhibition grounds? I expect there would be  a charge but it would certainly fit the bill as far as being close and right by Lewvan.

I dont recall the details on the limited parking.... but yes.

StormRider1

Brandt center 30 dollars a game

JimmytheGreek

Quote from: "StormRider1"

Brandt center 30 dollars a game

Ouch, nothing like bending a person over huh.

Users Online

95 Guests, 3 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
toddstattoo, RichardVeilleux, Yahoo! (2), Google (15)

Most Online Today: 149. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)