QQ One-Nine

Just a spot to drop some notes and rumours from training camp.

You've probably heard by now that Imoan Claiborne is really standing out at DB, a couple of reporters have pointed that out. I've seen Armageddon Draughn mentioned as well, for a guy signed late.

Imoan (Claiborne)...had a great off-season. That’s a prime example as a professional. The off-season is your time to get better. He used his time well and he has come in and been a heckuva lot better than he was last year.”

I sometimes forget to check his stuff, but Le Droit's Martin Comtois usually has very good content.  He pointed out that Darryl Paulo has been starting at left defensive end opposite Gascon-Nadeau. According to Tim Baines, it's been Zack Evans and Connor Williams in the middle, so three Canadians on the defensive line.

Also:

Defensive end John Biewald, a local kid who made play after play during his Canadian Interuniversity Sport career with the Western Mustangs and is now looking great in a Canadian Football League environment.

Said (Mark) Nelson: “I like him. He just does everything right … he can do a lot of things. Guys like that, they make it where you can’t cut them because they do too much and they do it too good. He has been a pleasant surprise, but not really a surprise because that’s why we brought him here.
“This isn’t about why football doesn’t work in Ottawa,” said (Jeff) Hunt, “It’s more, on a larger scale, why poorly run businesses don’t work anywhere.” Ottawa Business Journal, September 12th, 2013.

slimjim2

I would like to see Armageddon make the team and he uses his first name on the back of his jersey.

QQ One-Nine

Remember Jake Silas? American OT on the right side for a while?  Had yet to be seen and apparently quietly retired due to a right shoulder injury that wasn't healing right.

QQ One-Nine

Wide receiver Jake Harty practised with fullbacks/tight ends Patrick Lavoie and Anthony Gosselin in one drill Monday, but Campbell said nothing should be read into that. Said Campbell: “He’s a receiver. He’s tough and physical enough that he can block, so sometimes he does drills with the running backs. His position hasn’t changed. He’s going to be a receiver that has the ability to block and do some of those things, which makes him more valuable.”

Gillanders also practiced with the ball-carriers, but that's not completely new.

QQ One-Nine

Was said to have gone home, suspected to have retired, but evidently not.

Offensive lineman Jake Silas, coming off a shoulder injury, has returned to the Redblacks

Users Online

133 Guests, 14 Users (20 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, ExPat, RougeMe, mycko75, sully, MrLucky, heapbag, Lennywasout, Mightygoose, Johnny Ticat slayer, AlsPal, Sidney, dcmoses, Yahoo!, Google (19)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)