Lyle B. Style

Quote from: "DAN38"
Quote from: "aulcee"
Quote from: "Lyle B. Style"
Kathy Griffin's Head - aka Bombers Doomsday Scenario

Papa - looks like the doomsday scenario I envisioned (and you corroborated) shortly after the CFL draft is coming home to roost.

The MASS DOOMSDAY - Geoff Gray (our #8 overall pick) latches on with NFL packers for at least 2 or 3 years. Faith Halfasakatie seems to be vibing that he's in with men, not boys and can't really play more than meaningless pre-season or game-over reps.

Our 3rd pick (15th overall) Q. Spooner is still rattling his college sabre in camp and might be a candidate to be a sideline king this season.

Breaking News: We learned today that another of the Saskatchewan Sacks of Trash WRs, Addison "Disease" Richards has picked up another injury to put him on IR for according to Coach O'Shea "a substantial amount of time". Geezusss Louiseusss - first Jade Etienne turns into a pile of string (6'4", 140 lbs) and now Richards is showing extreme fear and cowardice in competing physically. A sickly bomber management kept Etienne around for years before finally cutting ties - and now it appears the Miller & O'Stoic group have decided to do same with a weak piece of physical trash like Richards. Whats the point?

If Ekakitie (#1 overall) washes out and Gray latches on down south - combine this with the re-rostering of vermin like Richards and you have basically Lyle Bauer, Mike Kelly, Garth Buchko, Brenda Taman, Doug Berry, Gary Etcheverry 2.0

The thought of Wadzilla, O'Shea & Walters being more like their predecessors than different continues to mount.

In reality - ITS TRULY SICKENING!
What a load.Its the start of camp,guit overreacting to every little thing.There are more assumptions and leaps of logic in this post than I could possibly address.This forum is down to 2 posters,I wonder why?Could it be the long winded diatrabs of made up names and scenarios,and farfetched strange connections?Maybe not,maybe everyone including me have just mysteriously guit posting with any regularity at the same time.I use to enjoy this forum,now I just drop in for the occasional glance.

Bang on Aulcee.  I might even be able to put up with the "long winded diatribes of made up names and scenarios or the farfetched connections" because some of them are funny and ring true BUT I can't put up with the constant negativity. It's not all doom and gloom...I'm just glad Lyle is not the PR liaison for the Bombers. :lol:

Bombers have their own "Sean Spicer". Think his name is Darren something or rather. If you're looking for a good "house-boys & rah-rah" site there's none better than mourningbigblue.com
btw - there is a difference between critical analysis and negativity for the sake of it.

DAN38

Papa - looks like the doomsday scenario I envisioned (and you corroborated) shortly after the CFL draft is coming home to roost.

The MASS DOOMSDAY - Geoff Gray (our #8 overall pick) latches on with NFL packers for at least 2 or 3 years. Faith Halfasakatie seems to be vibing that he's in with men, not boys and can't really play more than meaningless pre-season or game-over reps.

Our 3rd pick (15th overall) Q. Spooner is still rattling his college sabre in camp and might be a candidate to be a sideline king this season.

Breaking News: We learned today that another of the Saskatchewan Sacks of Trash WRs, Addison "Disease" Richards has picked up another injury to put him on IR for according to Coach O'Shea "a substantial amount of time". Geezusss Louiseusss - first Jade Etienne turns into a pile of string (6'4", 140 lbs) and now Richards is showing extreme fear and cowardice in competing physically. A sickly bomber management kept Etienne around for years before finally cutting ties - and now it appears the Miller & O'Stoic group have decided to do same with a weak piece of physical trash like Richards. Whats the point?

If Ekakitie (#1 overall) washes out and Gray latches on down south - combine this with the re-rostering of vermin like Richards and you have basically Lyle Bauer, Mike Kelly, Garth Buchko, Brenda Taman, Doug Berry, Gary Etcheverry 2.0

The thought of Wadzilla, O'Shea & Walters being more like their predecessors than different continues to mount.

Nobody is looking for a My Little Pony analysis. We are all big boys here, we can take the truth AND 'critical analysis' as you call it doesn't always have to be negative. You do know your stuff Lyle and I appreciate that but let's just look at your above post, Here are some of the adjectives and adverbs and descriptions you use;

doomsday
can't really play
sideline king
"Disease"
extreme fear and cowardice
sickly
weak
vermin
sickening

I do hope you are able to take the same kind of 'critical analysis' as you dish out.
I do hope my review of your review is not too negative.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

papazoola

......Your last line says it all Lyle... As for myself....I don't look for negativity....sometimes the team and management presents itself without much trouble...Take for instance this gem out of tc...A lot of fans are concerned that Hurl is going to take up the starting middle line backing spot...If this comes to be and after recruiting untold players for the position...YOU GOT TO BE FRIGGIN KIDDING...The guy was inept at the position last year....He's a special teamer...and that's it...Most of the big runs against us occurred when they ran right at him as I recall.. :thdn:...Why do we stick with players (see Richards) that won't amount to a hill of beans at their position??? This is becoming a glaring problem and I think it goes back to Mike O'Shea and his 'soft' handling of players...We'll never be as good as we can be with that attitude...This isn't Club Med.....this is supposed to be hard nosed football and sometimes you have to make damn hard decisions and stick with them ...I hope this Hurl scenario does not come to pass and that it just 'looks' that way at present because if that's what we're going with we're in trouble right off the bat. :roll:.....Sorry about the negativity...I have to call it as I sees em.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

DAN38

Quote from: "papazoola"
......Your last line says it all Lyle... As for myself....I don't look for negativity....sometimes the team and management presents itself without much trouble...Take for instance this gem out of tc...A lot of fans are concerned that Hurl is going to take up the starting middle line backing spot...If this comes to be and after recruiting untold players for the position...YOU GOT TO BE FRIGGIN KIDDING...The guy was inept at the position last year....He's a special teamer...and that's it...Most of the big runs against us occurred when they ran right at him as I recall.. :thdn:...Why do we stick with players (see Richards) that won't amount to a hill of beans at their position??? This is becoming a glaring problem and I think it goes back to Mike O'Shea and his 'soft' handling of players...We'll never be as good as we can be with that attitude...This isn't Club Med.....this is supposed to be hard nosed football and sometimes you have to make damn hard decisions and stick with them ...I hope this Hurl scenario does not come to pass and that it just 'looks' that way at present because if that's what we're going with we're in trouble right off the bat. :roll:.....Sorry about the negativity...I have to call it as I sees em.

A shot across my bow, Papa ? I have no problem with negativity when it is warranted. Constant negativity and calling someone 'vermin' puts me off. Like I said before, Lyle sure knows his stuff, the delivery is wanting.

Lyle B. Style

Well, here's the deal about Sam Hurl Papa - and now welcome 38Dan (was that Huclack's #?) and aulcee to the more critical forum. All welcome aboard - even the cheerleaders and the lemmings, just won't get much of a reaction from any of us to be honest!

As for Hurl, I actually think he plays the MLB position wonderfully. Skilled kid, average size, reasonable speed, canuck to boot. On film, I suspect Hallsy Hall and Mike O will give this guy super high grades.

So how could we be in trouble with Hurl at MLB?
The film study stuff degenerates rapidly. While Hurl grades well, he's also far too easily moved against his will when opponents target him and need space for a dive or a slash thru the middle. Hurl simply doesn't possess the physical tools, strength or rage to prevent such attacks. He's basically "playing the position" and thus grading out well. Pity a system that rewards grades vs. results.

DAN38

Well, here's the deal about Sam Hurl Papa - and now welcome 38Dan (was that Huclack's #?) and aulcee to the more critical forum. All welcome aboard - even the cheerleaders and the lemmings, just won't get much of a reaction from any of us to be honest!

As for Hurl, I actually think he plays the MLB position wonderfully. Skilled kid, average size, reasonable speed, canuck to boot. On film, I suspect Hallsy Hall and Mike O will give this guy super high grades.

The film study stuff degenerates rapidly. While Hurl grades well, he's also far too easily moved against his will when opponents target him and need space for a dive or a slash thru the middle. Hurl simply doesn't possess the physical tools, strength or rage to prevent such attacks. He's basically "playing the position" and thus grading out well. Pity a system that rewards grades vs. results.

That didn't hurt now, did it ? :lol:  Good one Lyle. :thup:

Lyle B. Style

That didn't hurt now, did it ? :lol:  Good one Lyle. :thup:

Am I fully or partially exonerated Judge Dan? lol

papazoola

A shot across my bow, Papa ? I have no problem with negativity when it is warranted. Constant negativity and calling someone 'vermin' puts me off. Like I said before, Lyle sure knows his stuff, the delivery is wanting.

......Shoot at you Dan....NEVER....You're one of the more level headed posters on this board..... :rockin: I wanted  to say that I recognize I can be negative (but with cause) and Lyle has a negative grating style...Sometimes it takes a lot to understand his take...But I agree somewhat with you....I prefer hobo's over vermin..but that's Lyle...

....Now, how come nobody has talked Hurl......Here's a guy who we were in no hurry to re-up in fa and yet here we are...Did he get some special training in the offseason and get a superman cape....because if he didn't and we are starting him in the middle   ....OUCH is all I'm going to say.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

DAN38

......Shoot at you Dan....NEVER....You're one of the more level headed posters on this board..... :rockin: I wanted  to say that I recognize I can be negative (but with cause) and Lyle has a negative grating style...Sometimes it takes a lot to understand his take...But I agree somewhat with you....I prefer hobo's over vermin..but that's Lyle...

....Now, how come nobody has talked Hurl......Here's a guy who we were in no hurry to re-up in fa and yet here we are...Did he get some special training in the offseason and get a superman cape....because if he didn't and we are starting him in the middle   ....OUCH is all I'm going to say.

Well thank you Papa and right back at ya. I have never felt you were negative. Truthful, yes. Negative, no.....Lyle is a good guy but so is Aulcee and I don't like to see people leaving.....I need to ask Lyle if there are any players on the Bombers that he thinks are good because I would like to see who they are ?.. And Lyle, I'm no Judge. :wink:

As bad as Hurl may be, there is always somebody worse and that guy was Gauchy Muamba. You say Hurl gets pushed aside, can't say that about Gauchy, he just plain stayed out of the way. I don't think I've ever seen a player try to avoid contact as much as him (except for Mats Sundin). How Gauchy managed to stay with the Esks for a year is beyond me.

Lyle B. Style

Actually Dan, most of the bomber players are good players.

Great players? That's another question.

Perhaps that's where we don't quite match up with championship teams like Edmonton, BC, Ottawa & Calgary. Don't have enough great players to confront these guys properly.

As far as current roster is concerned - our o-line is now our greatest strength. . . . . .even though we're forced to roster 3 imports - - - - Bond & Stan Bryant are monsters on the left side, Hardick is near all-star at right OT.
My whipping boy last couple years was Goose Goosen - but he seems to have taken his job more seriously, put on some pounds, muscle and rage over the winter and is now evidently capable of earth-moving the odd DT instead of getting shoved around. He was always a half decent pass blocker. Sungh is gonna need re-upping by Walters because he's approaching all-star status and we can't afford to keep letting our best OLs (canucks especially) move away in free agency. Sungh has a mean streak that Goosen lacks and he provokes defenders into going nuts at times.

Couture was too light in the loafers last season - getting only spot duty but he appears to have bulked up and taken the program seriously. Paddy Neufeld, the giant hillbilly from Sask'n has an injury history that says he's only decent in spot duties. Spooner should be able to latch on as the 7th OL in rotation with Neufeld as he learns the offense and how much power he needs to confront top rate defenders.

Our canuck WR corps is hardly worth mentioning. By-passing both Behar & Vandervoort was clearly a mistake by the brain trust. Coates and JFG are the best of a mediocre lot.

Nichols has ascended to being a Top 6 CFL starting QB. Would be lovely if he could be Top 2 or 3 and lead the team into the Grey Cup. Having one of the top 3 o-lines in the league should help - but lacking a legit Canadian WR hurts - although bomber program can dress extra import WRs if required.

Harris and Flanders are a good pair of RBs. Canuck starter w/ American backup. Two different types, to boot.

D-line was soft and oozed fear last season. Westerman needs to return to being a monster and Nevis has to help our pathetic pass rush. The excuse was Richie Hall didn't let them rush - I think they weren't that good to begin with. Don't see Ekakitie making much difference this year - they'll keep him around cuz they can't afford the embarrassment of letting their #1 pick go. Okapalogo needs to be a veritable Sasquatch at the other d-end spot.

Linebacking is the Achilles heel of the team. Hurl is good on film - IF you don't look at key situations where he gets pushed around like the 98 lb. weakling. Other guys are decent (Leggat for sure) but better at chase & pursue than sack 'n stymy!

D-backs are ballhawks to be sure. Don't know if they can maintain their numbers from last year. Problem is they let receivers have too much space in coverage. That might change. I fear it won't.

Special teams is above the CFL average. Best place kicker on the circuit. Great pursuit on returns, average returns by our guys - but no real game-buster. Lets see what happens.

Coaching still spotty and unproven at certain spots. Richie Hall has some explainin' to do. New OLine coach. Mad Mike O'Shea has proven to be an adept media babbler, often saying nothing and repeating it obsessively. Some of his decision making has to be examined more closely - a 4th year head coach doesn't get the long leash he used to. That decision to end the bomber decision on a 62 yr field goal vs. BC was an act of a man not in his right mind. Let down his team, the entire community and made Medlock look like a fool.

Nichols is superb. Needs to maintain that status. Backups are unproven but at least they have CFL experience. New guy has a gun for an arm. Hopefully, doesn't have a Trumpkin for a brain!

papazoola

.....Good take Lyle....I agree with most of it...I hope our guys we have developed and kept around, come into more of their own this year....Players like Corney,Couture and Butcher for a few...My take on our biggest weakness is middle linebacker and canuck receiver...Fix that and we have something

...Quincy McDuffie was released by Dallas yesterday.....Now I don't know if he's on his way back here orrrr that he will hang around waiting for another shot....We have released that little spitfire Duncan...was hoping he would be our returner but not to be......Fogg is really good at it BUT I don't like a player of his calibre taken out of his position to work on returns...
First preseason tilt just around the corner...We'll get some interesting looks at what we have and it's getting close to crunch time for the rooks....maybe a vet or two as well :wink:

Lyle B. Style

Here's a recent post from a mope named "mike" on the bomber forum mourning big blue.

Oh yeah - Ekakitie - he looked pretty bad today. I don't know if it's just the way he moves, but he looks lazy. His movements seem awkward.

The mope happens to be the head cheese of the bomber fan site - and a professional lemming.

Things are pretty spooky when the head lemming is condemning our 1st overall draft pick to his last meal.  :cowboy:

papazoola

.........My sixth sense was saying go receiver at one....Should have gone with Vandervoort and if Ekakitie doesn't show us that he can up his game and be who we thought he was.... turns out to be a bust so to speak....I'm going to have to say a BIG told ya so.

Lyle B. Style

.........My sixth sense was saying go receiver at one....Should have gone with Vandervoort and if Ekakitie doesn't show us that he can up his game and be who we thought he was.... turns out to be a bust so to speak....I'm going to have to say a BIG told ya so.

Truly a firing offense if you can't hit a home run in 4 or 5 consecutive drafts. Even a mope like Joe Mack wouldn't have picked up an itinerant junior American nose tackle like Faith E.

Obviously, Walters will try to hide the mistake by burying Ekakitie on the IR or taxi squad - cutting him would be grounds for Walter's dismissal.

Damn, had #1 and #6 - massive need at Canadian WR and we come up with this guy and Green Bay ghost!

Just don't know if there's anyone in the league better than Walters to take over the GM spot. Ed Hervey isn't a person of interest because he's a man of color and bomber mgmt. simply do not (never) hired a black man to be GM. Never will, immo.

After that just the usual pack of hobos and itinerants - same skills as Walters, Joe Mack, etc.

Tell u guys one thing - Mack may have massively failed in the CIS draft (I agree he would never have picked Behar or Vandervoort unless they were available 3rd round or higher) but at least he picked up the odd monster WR - the odd monster DT, mind you all imports. Joe was always good for 2 imports a season. Just his personal habits and inability to coordinate a full team were his downfall. Kinda lazy & slow whereas Walters has all kinds of pep - but his decision making is almost as tediously deliberate as Winnipeg Jet GM Kevin Cheveldayoff - and that guy won't be building winners anytime soon! :cowboy:

wolverine29

Quote from: "aulcee"

What a load.Its the start of camp,guit overreacting to every little thing.There are more assumptions and leaps of logic in this post than I could possibly address.This forum is down to 2 posters,I wonder why?Could it be the long winded diatrabs of made up names and scenarios,and farfetched strange connections?Maybe not,maybe everyone including me have just mysteriously guit posting with any regularity at the same time.I use to enjoy this forum,now I just drop in for the occasional glance.

Bang on Aulcee.  I might even be able to put up with the "long winded diatribes of made up names and scenarios or the farfetched connections" because some of them are funny and ring true BUT I can't put up with the constant negativity. It's not all doom and gloom...I'm just glad Lyle is not the PR liaison for the Bombers. :lol:

Bravo  :rockin:

Users Online

130 Guests, 8 Users (4 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RichardVeilleux, ExPat, ticats28, Mightygoose, Bruno31, Yahoo!, Google (3)

Most Online Today: 177. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)