Aerial

Go Canada Go!  Should be a good one agains't the Swedes!  I really prefer watching hockey played on the larger ice surface myself.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

KevinRiley2

Canada outplayed in Period 1 but still tied 0-0.   :thup:
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

Blue Jays won.  Senators are going to lose.  Canada losing to Sweden on a fluky goal.  :(

Not my day sports wise...

Aerial

1-1, what a game! Oh, oh Swedes to the PP with 3:18 to go, not good...

KevinRiley2

Tied with a few minutes left.  Sweden REALLY playing hard/like they want this more than Canada.

Aerial

Going to OT, two very evenly matched squads. Time to grab another brewskie for OT.  And ask the wife if she needs help preparing dinner, well sort of ask.   :P   :D

KevinRiley2

Sweden going on the Power Play.  This will not end well.  Oh well...

Even if this goes to a shootout, that does not favour Canada.

KevinRiley2

Uggg...  HATE the shootout.   :thdn:

Aerial

So do I but hey, that's the rule and at the end of the day, you are the world champs for 2017 or you're not.  Just like winning a golf tourney when the other guy misses a 2 footer.  The way it is.  You win whatever way.

Aerial

Swedes win.  Congrats to the new World Champs.  But a great game, it's what the great game of hockey is about, not stupid fighting.  Sportsnet/CBC (is it the same company sports wise?  :D ) needs to dump Don Cherry, he's a dinosaur that does no good for the game.

I could watch this hockey all the time.  NHL, not so much all the time but from time to time.

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "Aerial"
So do I but hey, that's the rule and at the end of the day, you are the world champs for 2017 or you're not.  Just like winning a golf tourney when the other guy misses a 2 footer.  The way it is.  You win whatever way.
Yeah.

We lost...

First, the World Juniors in a shootout.
Second, the Women's Worlds in OT.
Now, the Men's World Championship in a shootout.

Oh well...  2017 is not our year.  :(

Aerial

Good hockey trivia with that info Kev.  :thup:

But this is just great hockey to watch, a great sport.

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "Aerial"
Good hockey trivia with that info Kev.  :thup:

But this is just great hockey to watch, a great sport.
It was an amazing(!) game...  until the shootout.

Aerial

Yup, the shootout does suck, can't argue with that, at all.  :thdn:  It really takes away from a great game.

KevinRiley2

Sweden's D and goaltending were awesome.  Our team was meh.  I am happy with Silver.

Users Online

123 Guests, 18 Users (20 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
idealsheldon, Wumper, bobo82, ExPat, DavidThompson, Grover, RougeMe, mycko75, sully, MrLucky, heapbag, Lennywasout, Mightygoose, Johnny Ticat slayer, AlsPal, Sidney, dcmoses, Yahoo!, Google (19)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)