idealsheldon

Training Camp schedule is posted on the website.

The 3 rookie camp practices starting May 24 are listed. They were never open during the Popp regime.

Sunday, May 28 - 1st Practice
Saturday, June 3 - Intra Squad Scrimmage

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017-training-camp/

Football season almost here :rockin:
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

LeStaf

Je serai à l'ouverture du camp le 28 mai, comme chaque année.

J'ai hâte de voir les nouveaux demis défensifs, la dynamique des quarts avec les receveurs, et les botteurs.  Je vais surveiller les qualités de Harris et Adams, ainsi que les performances de Bede, surtout s'il fait des tentatives de placement.  Ça n'arrive pas toujours qu'ils en fassent.

J'ai aussi hâte de voir qui aura les séquences au poste de centre et où ils vont promener Philip Blake.

Je vais également surveiller le jeune Woods comme porteur de ballon et ne manquerai pas de m'amuser à voir Logan cabotiner comme il le fait toujours à cette occasion.

À moins qu'il ne pleuve trop fort et que l'entraînement ne soit annulé, évidemment.  Mais considérant la quantité d'eau qui nous est tombé dessus jusqu'à maintenant, je suis optimiste qu'il n'en restera plus à verser ce jour-là!
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

okie

Open tryout was held today in Vermont.  Event served two purposes.  One was to find talent who reside in the New England area like those who play for the local professional indoor league team.  At least one player will get another look as WR Kelvin Amparo from the Vermont Bucks says he received a camp invite.  The other reason for the Als going to Burlington according to Kavis Reed is that the team wants to establish their brand and perhaps gain some fans who reside not too far from Montreal.

Alouettes Host Tryout
http://www.wcax.com/story/35422201/alou ... ost-tryout

GHT120

Quote from: "okie"
Open tryout was held today in Vermont.  Event served two purposes.  One was to find talent who reside in the New England area like those who play for the local professional indoor league team.  At least one player will get another look as WR Kelvin Amparo from the Vermont Bucks says he received a camp invite.  The other reason for the Als going to Burlington according to Kavis Reed is that the team wants to establish their brand and perhaps gain some fans who reside not too far from Montreal.

Alouettes Host Tryout
http://www.wcax.com/story/35422201/alou ... ost-tryout
Certainly a smart play (IMO), no guarantee it will pan out but can't hurt.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

okie

From the open workout yesterday, the Als offered 3 contracts with up to 4 more being invited to camp.  All these are current members of the Vermont Bucks.

More than 50 players showcased their skills in Shelburne for Montreal's flagship football franchise.
http://www.mynbc5.com/article/montreal- ... nt/9650951

Compared to other teams, the Als seem to believe that open tryouts are not an efficient way of finding players.  I say that because this independent scout is posting that he is looking for a FS and Will OLB to refer to the Als.  More importantly if true, the team could very well have second thoughts about going non-import at Will.

jamie

I've never ever heard of a team or scout "advertise" for players like this before. Just sounds odd.  Like looking for a car!

idealsheldon

RB Brandin Byrd appears to be another invitee:

Frank LaRosa? @EB_CoachLo  May 10

Congrats to East Bay alum Brandon Byrd(c/o 2013) for being invited to mini-camp with the Montreal Alouettes in the Canadian Football League!

HfxTC

From the open workout yesterday, the Als offered 3 contracts with up to 4 more being invited to camp.  All these are current members of the Vermont Bucks.

More than 50 players showcased their skills in Shelburne for Montreal's flagship football franchise.
http://www.mynbc5.com/article/montreal- ... nt/9650951

Compared to other teams, the Als seem to believe that open tryouts are not an efficient way of finding players.  I say that because this independent scout is posting that he is looking for a FS and Will OLB to refer to the Als.  More importantly if true, the team could very well have second thoughts about going non-import at Will.

They got to have a plan B. Plan B is a Canadian at Safety.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Quote from: "jamie"
I've never ever heard of a team or scout "advertise" for players like this before. Just sounds odd.  Like looking for a car!

No downside. Ray was delivering potato chips.

idealsheldon

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
RB Brandon Byrd appears to be another invitee:

Congrats to East Bay alum Brandon Byrd(c/o 2013) for being invited to mini-camp with the Montreal Alouettes in the Canadian Football League!

The only thing I could really find on this Byrd was that he played for Marshall in 2014, which would have made him a teammate of Cato.

LeStaf

RB Brandon Byrd appears to be another invitee:

The only thing I could really find on this Byrd was that he played for Marshall in 2014, which would have made him a teammate of Cato.

6' 195 lbs, 23 courses dans la NCAA, 94 verges de gains.  Rien pour écrire à sa mère. Les Alouette feraient peut-être mieux de ramener Cato que ce gars.

idealsheldon

The competition at training camp will give us an idea of how successful the Als International recruiting has been.

Joe Mack and his recent body language has made him an easy target. And the Als will only be holding 2 tryout camps - the upcoming one in Texas makes sense, the one in Vermont certainly didn`t . Nothing wrong in wanting to attract fans from the Vermont and New York borders, but organize a caravan like the Expos used to or bus trips to select games. A tryout camp ain`t going to do it.

I`ve always had mixed feelings about CFL tryout camps. Teams invite select players, but for the most part you`re relying on luck that a gem will show up at your tryout. And I suppose like buying lotto tickets, the more tryouts you hold the greater the odds of finding elite players. But it just doesn`t come across as the most proactive way of scouting players.

okie

http://www.rds.ca/football/alouettes/ja ... -1.4507024

« On doit changer le ratio Canadiens/Américains. L'an dernier, on avait débuté la saison en utilisant seulement un Canadien en défensive. Cette année, on pourra se permettre d'en faire jouer deux sur l'unité défensive, ou même un troisième si les choses se développent comme on l'espère. En utilisant deux joueurs canadiens en défensive, ça nous permettra de faire jouer trois Américains sur la ligne offensive. »

translates to:

"We need to change the ratio of Canadians/Americans. Last year, they had started the season using only a Canadian on the defensive end. This year, we can afford to play two on the defensive unit, or even a third if things develop as expected. Using two Canadian players on defense, it will allow us to play three Americans on the offensive line. »

Something is lost to me in the translation.  Is Jacques Chapdelaine saying that playing a 3rd non-import on defense has not been decided yet?  Pretty sure he is not talking about putting 3 Canadians on the DL.

RichardVeilleux

What is being said is not written in stones. Training camp, including injuries, will most probably dictate how many Nat. will play on offense and defence. At this time, I expect that at least 2 Nat. -DL- will play on defence.  We will see for the rest.

Richard

idealsheldon

http://www.rds.ca/football/alouettes/jacques-chapdelaine-on-a-une-responsabilite-envers-les-partisans-alouettes-1.4507024

« En utilisant deux joueurs canadiens en défensive, ça nous permettra de faire jouer trois Américains sur la ligne offensive. »

translates to:

Using two Canadian players on defense, it will allow us to play three Americans on the offensive line. »

I just listened to Chapdelaine`s interview and he said it will allow the team to play two Americans on the o-line. He never said trois.

Users Online

206 Guests, 11 Users (18 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
jaybird24, mike619, meaker23, Hammertown Proud, TravelPat1, RiX, brianjoxx, JoeyT, RichardVeilleux, Google (18)

Most Online Today: 241. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)