Saskfan4life

I thought the Riders drafted well. Half of the picks were OL, which addresses a dire team need. Only downside is it will likely take a season or 2 for them to adjust to the pro game, and start living up to their potential. Other picks were smart. Hometown boy Picton will surely quickly become a fan favourite. Good to see some Saskie boys heading to other teams as well. Can't wait to see the new recruits along with the rest of the Riders in their new home on June 10th! GO /=S=/ RIDERS!!!!

depopulationINC

Looks respectable

Judge IMO doesn't have the reps to be a #2 pick but he looks like he might have a big ceiling, so we will see.  It is a shame to use 2 high picks 2 years in a row for players that can not go in year one...if they grow as players and sign 2nd contracts with the team...great...well done.  I know Jones tried trading down because he knew Judge was not a #2 pick as well...but they got both of the guys they were looking at for that # 2 spot, so right on.  

I thought Antony Auclair in the 4th was a nice pick...the Bucs picked up a solid TE with their first round pick and he is not going to pass Brate.  He will be in a dog fight with a couple other young TEs...they have 6 signed right now and will keep maybe 4.  It will be a NFL battle to watch because they really only have one TE with extensive service and everyone else is pretty young.  With all of that youth you would think they will keep Luke's experience around the team...though Brate has a couple seasons now so they might make a surprise move and ditch the vet.  Brate got ahead of Luke last season and their draft is anticipated to be ahead of Brate...do you need the vet contract?  probably not.  IMO he probably only has to beat out 1 guy to PR and I think he has a real chance of landing #3 and beating out 2 other guys.  That said it really likely comes down to if they ditch the vet or not and want to take on someone this raw while bringing a rookie along as the other 2 have never rostered.  At any rate...he is a very interesting player because I think he has the ability to be a legit player as is but is a very good candidate to look at rolling to a DE because from what I have heard he has pretty impressive strength.  

Eddie Meredith may have been an absolute steal...reading on him he was an allstar and then took a trip to SA and lost like a third of his weight and missed the entire year as he was very ill....apparently good to go now and entered the draft.  bad side is that he missed a year of development...good side is he was already an allstar before that.  very interesting.

Mitchell Picton...hometown guy or not...I don't think he makes the team...but I think he returns to the Rams and comes back in 2018.  Good enough to get some love on the other side of the border so they may be inclined to keep him and move out Stanford or something.  They also have to feel out how Demski is feeling for 2018...will he go home?  I know he likes where he is at, but always tough to say no to that as well.

Danny Sprukulis....don't know a lot on him

Alexandre Chevrier scored 4th and 5th in 40 and board in regionals...shows he has some speed and can likely hit...could be a contender for special teams.  He has a high ranked draft pick ahead of him, and Grondin showed nothing but promise last season...he will have to likely fight Golding for it and Golding played alright last season as well.  Some nice competition that could have a chance of sticking...who knows.

Emmanuel Adusei...all I know is the dude is big.  6-4 350 or something like that and reasonably fast "for his size."  Could he play both sides?  If he has some mean in him he is a guy that could be interesting to keep around as a late pick...maybe PR him if he shows well....see where he goes.  

Marc Claudé...don't know much about

LeStaf

Quote from: "depopulationINC"
I thought Antony Auclair in the 4th was a nice pick...the Bucs picked up a solid TE with their first round pick and he is not going to pass Brate.  He will be in a dog fight with a couple other young TEs...they have 6 signed right now and will keep maybe 4.  It will be a NFL battle to watch because they really only have one TE with extensive service and everyone else is pretty young.  With all of that youth you would think they will keep Luke's experience around the team...though Brate has a couple seasons now so they might make a surprise move and ditch the vet.  Brate got ahead of Luke last season and their draft is anticipated to be ahead of Brate...do you need the vet contract?  probably not.  IMO he probably only has to beat out 1 guy to PR and I think he has a real chance of landing #3 and beating out 2 other guys.  That said it really likely comes down to if they ditch the vet or not and want to take on someone this raw while bringing a rookie along as the other 2 have never rostered.  At any rate...he is a very interesting player because I think he has the ability to be a legit player as is but is a very good candidate to look at rolling to a DE because from what I have heard he has pretty impressive strength.

Voici ce que notre ami idealsheldon a rapporté hier à propos d'Auclair.

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Was listening to the NFL Network this morning on Sirius, they were interviewing Rick Stroud a Tampa Bay beat reporter. When asked if any surprises at mini-camp, said the coaches were very impressed with a TE named Antony Auclair.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

depopulationINC

Quote from: "LeStaf"

Voici ce que notre ami idealsheldon a rapporté hier à propos d'Auclair.

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Was listening to the NFL Network this morning on Sirius, they were interviewing Rick Stroud a Tampa Bay beat reporter. When asked if any surprises at mini-camp, said the coaches were very impressed with a TE named Antony Auclair.

Definitely a guy who can stick...it is a matter of how many projects they are willing to take on...their #1 guy is a rookie and their #2 has 1+.  After that they have a vet who they might push out the door and everyone else is green.  Acclaim is probably the 2nd best TE they have but he is very very raw for that position by NFL standards.  It is a position that is often groomed but they like to have more polish than he presently is.  It is a good one to watch

depopulationINC

I see Golding was released today
I thought Golding might make it to camp because he played well enough last season to earn it...Obviously in tough against Judge and Grondin.  If they do land Edem it would seem likely we could see them try to ad another LB spot as a ratio position...which would be an interesting twist.  I know Sam E is looking good out there but wonder if they may try to convert that to a ratio position...of course perhaps they feel Edem can take rotations on the other side at LB.  Interesting scenario.  Grondin seems like he is ready to step in and take more reps, Muamba of course, potentially Edem, the draft pick + Francis could be an interesting potential mix of LBs filling 2 ratio spots.  That would bump the D to 4 ratio spots plus the ability to potentially play a 5th at times between the trio of  Gaydosh/Steele/Mrabure.

not saying they are going there...but you could see some potential to think about.

depopulationINC

http://www.riderville.com/2017/05/09/cf ... big-plans/

If you hadn't already read this it talks about his one on one workout with the club a bit.  

as I said before...
Eddie Meredith may have been an absolute steal...reading on him he was an allstar and then took a trip to SA and lost like a third of his weight and missed the entire year as he was very ill....apparently good to go now and entered the draft. bad side is that he missed a year of development...good side is he was already an allstar before that. very interesting.

if yea read the article and how he tested he would have been in the top 4 for OLmen in the draft and that is a year out of the game and still getting back to form.  

It is stuff like this where the expanded scouting has the potential to pay off huge

nowhereman

http://www.riderville.com/2017/05/09/cfl-draft-eddie-meredith-big-plans/

If you hadn't already read this it talks about his one on one workout with the club a bit.  

as I said before...
Eddie Meredith may have been an absolute steal...reading on him he was an allstar and then took a trip to SA and lost like a third of his weight and missed the entire year as he was very ill....apparently good to go now and entered the draft. bad side is that he missed a year of development...good side is he was already an allstar before that. very interesting.

if yea read the article and how he tested he would have been in the top 4 for OLmen in the draft and that is a year out of the game and still getting back to form.  

It is stuff like this where the expanded scouting has the potential to pay off huge
They were saying another team was interested in him in the draft...any idea who that would be?

depopulationINC

Quote from: "nowhereman"
http://www.riderville.com/2017/05/09/cfl-draft-eddie-meredith-big-plans/

as I said before...

They were saying another team was interested in him in the draft...any idea who that would be?

I've heard the Bombers (more specifically something that leads me to believe the Bombers or rather a staff member of theirs was being referred to...let's just say an official name/term was not stated)...I have also heard they were turned onto him by someone close to the club....recent events place a gap in the relationship between said individual and the club.

Just based on a casual conversation...nothing concrete.  Same conversation speculated the riders were the only ones that worked him out....his agent did do some digging though.

Users Online

175 Guests, 12 Users (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TravelPat1, GHT120, ExPat, EastVanMark, sth1988, papazoola, ticats28, mr62cats, -Hammer-, djrobertson2017, raymarkca, brihind88, Yahoo!, Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 268. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)