beaglehound

The BC Lions have released a statement confirming the sudden and unexpected passing of Tracy Lasorsa-Simon, wife of the club’s director of Canadian scouting, Geroy Simon.

“We are devastated at the news of Tracy’s passing and we ask that you keep the entire Simon family in your thoughts and prayers during this incredibly difficult time,” said VP of football operations, GM and head coach Wally Buono in a statement.

“Tracy has been part of the BC Lions family for more than a decade and her loss is heart-breaking for all of us.”

Lions and SSK fans will know Geroy well.  He is only about 42 years old.  I'm not sure what his wife's age was but she would have been quite young as well.  They have young children.  I don't know what the cause of death was.  Perhaps that information will be forthcoming.

http://theprovince.com/sports/football/ ... imons-wife
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."

jamie

Just tragic. Geroy has been a completely visible member of the Lions year round for a long time. I'm very sad about this.

beaglehound

Quote from: "jamie"
Just tragic. Geroy has been a completely visible member of the Lions year round for a long time. I'm very sad about this.

I am deeply saddened too Jamie.  :(  I had the privilege of meeting Geroy at one of the Lions games a year ago.  My wife and I were in one of those ritzy expensive corporate suites.  The fellow who hosted the suite was a good friend of Geroy's and out of nowhere Geroy pops in with his daughter.  A real sweetie.  He was a very personable fellow and it was a thrill to meet him.  

This is going to be a very difficult time for him and even more difficult for the youngsters.

sambo42

Sad news... condolences to Geroy & his family

Grover

Condolences.  :(
Very young, too young

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

bobo82

Very sad and shocking news indeed , condolences to Geroy and his family on this very sorrowful occasion . :( thoughts and prayers for you and your two beautiful children.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

vanhalendlrband

Really sorry to hear about that. I met Geroy and watched his entire career in BC from day 1. I couldn't imagine what he's goin through and my family will have his family in our prayers for sure as well as anyone else going through a tragedy such as this.
Retired Buffalo quarterback Jim Kelly said this week. "I wouldn\'t want to see anything jeopardize the CFL and what the Toronto Argonauts have done here, and I wouldn\'t want to see anything happen with the Buffalo Bills."

Dust

Condolences to Geroy and his family.  Great guy off the field, just terrible news.

West

Wow what a tragedy. Best wishes to Geroy and his children during this time :(

Johnny Ticat slayer

Condolences. So sad. Best of luck to Geroy and his family.
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

idealsheldon

There is a Go Fund Me campaign to help the Simon family, with some generous familiar individuals having contributed.

https://www.gofundme.com/simonsfamily2017
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

Users Online

200 Guests, 14 Users (17 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, EastVanMark, kfan, cahoonrules86, Cool, dcmoses, Grover, RedandWhite, raymarkca, TravelPat1, Mark, RichardVeilleux, toddstattoo, Yahoo!, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 245. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)