Lyle B. Style

Article today in Winnipeg Sun - (abridged due to copyright) - indicating former Bomber Asst. GM & Riders GM is sniffing around for opportunity.  Can't see him getting a GM position right now - as fresh faces have emerged in the CFL - but who knows how long some of them will last. Bridges burned for Taman in Regina & Winnipeg but other than that he could probably take a second tier job in a couple CFL centres - VP Canadian player development, cap manager, etc. He's an earnest man - very honest - which btw in today's CFL might be a negative vs. positive. I'll let the article speak for itself . . . .

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/04/28/f ... ack-in-cfl
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

project.legacy

Taman needs to stay at home, and find another job. Horrible football executive IMO, who went up the ranks in football due to his ability to kiss some serious butt and play nice with the media.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "Lyle B. Style"
Article today in Winnipeg Sun - (abridged due to copyright) - indicating former Bomber Asst. GM & Riders GM is sniffing around for opportunity.  Can't see him getting a GM position right now - as fresh faces have emerged in the CFL - but who knows how long some of them will last. Bridges burned for Taman in Regina & Winnipeg but other than that he could probably take a second tier job in a couple CFL centres - VP Canadian player development, cap manager, etc. He's an earnest man - very honest - which btw in today's CFL might be a negative vs. positive. I'll let the article speak for itself . . . .

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2017/04/28/f ... ack-in-cfl

He would be an asset to any team as director or player personnel...essentially HR in football.

300Magnum

Quote from: "project.legacy"
Taman needs to stay at home, and find another job. Horrible football executive IMO, who went up the ranks in football due to his ability to kiss some serious butt and play nice with the media.

Taman's paycheques are running out at the end of the year from the Riders so yea, he has to get back to work.

Totally agree with you and I think the Esks, Als and Argos have all given their thumbs down to Taman.  Hell, no one thought enough of him to even offer him a gopher position as they are scared he will be revealing everything to Lawless and Madini.

Johnny Ticat slayer

If Joe Mack can come back from the dead and work in the CFL, anyone can!
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

cflisthebest

Funny how he wants back in but does anyone want him back?
A Proud member of the Rider Nation!

HfxTC

Taman should manage trailer parks or Low rent apartment buildings.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

HfxTC

Quote from: "Johnny Ticat slayer"

The old boys club is a lifetime membership. You can come in but you can never leeeeeave  :lol:

HfxTC

Oh and Brendan. Popp called and he says the four day old beard, double chin and mullet is his schtick and to find your own.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "HfxTC"
Oh and Brendan. Popp called and he says the four day old beard, double chin and mullet is his schtick and to find your own.

Oh...but the tracksuit business attire?

Lyle B. Style

Lord Lyle Bauer and his bum buddy Mike Kelly dispute your assertion Johnny! lol

Johnny Ticat slayer

True Lyle! But, what could possibly be keeping a "gifted" coach like Mike Kelly out of the CFL? Oh life's mysteries...

papazoola

.....Lyle ....for crying out loud, have you forgotten the Taman trades... I haven't(see draft pics for ageing vets) that put the Bombers behind the eight ball for years with regard to Canadian talent...I don't care how many truck loads of napkins Taman has in his backyard....he can stay there...the league will be better for it...Of course there could be an opening in the janitorial dept. in Regina once the new digs open...That'll get him back in the CFL, sort of :cowboy:
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

jamie

That was a pretty interesting unfiltered interview. Not sure it serves him well but it does point out his "everyman" characteristics which I personally like. His "look" and personna don't really fit with the CFL GMs these days.  Might eed a make-over. Kind of looks like a eat over the sink bachelor. Oscar Madison part deux. ( or more).

He's had kind of an interesting GM record...

10.5 years as GM...3 GC appearances. One win.
His teams tend to bomb after being in the GC.

Interesting that he lives on Van Island now. Some nice pubs over there. Probably be a fun guy to have a beer and nachos with.

papazoola

Quote from: "jamie"

Interesting that he lives on Van Island now. Some nice pubs over there. Probably be a fun guy to have a beer and nachos with.

.....He only patronizes 7 Elevens....Plagued the places in Wpg...You might however catch up with him for a Big Gulp....and that's what I would do....gulp if a team in this league would consider him for gm.... :lol:

Users Online

178 Guests, 15 Users (10 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Farnorthtrader, bobo82, Lyle B. Style, BillyDee87, Grover, mr62cats, dcmoses, sth1988, pikk, raymarkca, Hamilton2005, blackandgld, Buck Wild, TheBreeze, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 268. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)