GHT120

Quote from: "HfxTC"
...  Just that he got nothing in return. Considering that. I'd have rather he traded him out west or release him outright.
Did anyone out west want a still reasonably highly paid receiver (even post bonus) coming off a triple ligament tear?
A release would have done nothing to keep him away from Toronto, and deprived the Als of a late round "spin of the draft wheel".

As far as doing a good job, we have to wait and see the final 46 +10 roster...
And, more importantly IMO, how they do in the first 4-5 games.

GHT120

... Simmons isn't an improvement over Perret
Perret is no loss (IMO), and Simmons was picked up well before they knew they could get Jovan.

Jackson and Bailey are not improvements over Green and Carter...
Green/Carter basically count as one receiver (Green 2015, Carter part of 2016), Jackson is IMO an upgrade over Carter (even if he may not be as athletically gifted) and what is reasonable to expect from Green.

okie

For the OT positions, I will be curious to see if one of the other non-imports have any starting potential if Brian Simmons is unable to get the job done.

As the roster is currently constructed, I would guess that without S.J. Green, B.J. Cunningham continues at SB with Nik Lewis coming in on obvious passing situations.  In the WR spot Duron Carter occupied last year, that would seemingly either go to Tiquan Underwood or a rookie.

HfxTC

Quote from: "okie"
For the OT positions, I will be curious to see if one of the other non-imports have any starting potential if Brian Simmons is unable to get the job done.

As the roster is currently constructed, I would guess that without S.J. Green, B.J. Cunningham continues at SB with Nik Lewis coming in on obvious passing situations.  In the WR spot Duron Carter occupied last year, that would seemingly either go to Tiquan Underwood or a rookie.

Jackson played Slot last year, that's where he's had the most success, I'd leave him there. Lewis owns the other spot. Four receiver sets right now appear to be Lewis, Jackson, Cunningham,Giguere. With one of Bailey or Rookies coming in on five receiver sets depending how many Canadians we start.

Looking at historical production of our receivers, if you use their top projected numbers and Durant's 4500 avg. We are going to need a big year from BJ. 1200 yards or so for this offense to be successful.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

tony

Quote from: "GHT120"
... Simmons isn't an improvement over Perret
Perret is no loss (IMO), and Simmons was picked up well before they knew they could get Jovan.

Jackson and Bailey are not improvements over Green and Carter...
Green/Carter basically count as one receiver (Green 2015, Carter part of 2016), Jackson is IMO an upgrade over Carter (even if he may not be as athletically gifted) and what is reasonable to expect from Green.

Time will tell about Perrett. He took the hit for an entire OL that stunk.
Playing under Trestman vs Popp think he may me a different player.

HfxTC

I don't think there was any reason to dump Perrett. Yes there was a problem at LT probably due to inexperience. I still think Ruby has a bright future but I'm glad we didn't scapegoat the Oline in 2007... It would have been so much easier to build a roster with four Canadian offensive linesmen than three. Now we have to force a Canadian at LB to make this work...
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

LeStaf

I don't think there was any reason to dump Perrett. Yes there was a problem at LT probably due to inexperience. I still think Ruby has a bright future but I'm glad we didn't scapegoat the Oline in 2007... It would have been so much easier to build a roster with four Canadian offensive linesmen than three. Now we have to force a Canadian at LB to make this work...

Je crois que ceci va rattraper l'équipe en cours de saison. Le bon côté des choses est qu'il y a présentement des joueurs qui peuvent permettre de faire basculer ce ratio de la ligne offensive. Ce n'est pas comme s'il fallait les recruter.
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

idealsheldon

Some competition for S.J. with the Argos. Popp signing WR Dobson Collins. :roll:
I`m not always right, I just think I am.

GHT120

Quote from: "idealsheldon"
Some competition for S.J. with the Argos. Popp signing WR Dobson Collins. :roll:

Guess its just easier to sign players whose phone number you already know .... no need to bother directory assistance or waste data limits searching the Inter-webbie-thing

LeStaf

Quote from: "idealsheldon"

Espérons qu'ils vont le garder...  :twisted:
[size=150]For translation  ---->[/size]  http://translate.google.ca/

jamie

The Argos better have some new faces show up at receiver or they are in trouble.

They also signed Khalil Paden from Ottawa who is a walking fumble machine.

Bigshot

Quote from: "okie"
The Montreal Alouettes announced on Thursday that the club has traded receiver S.J. Green to the Toronto Argonauts in exchange for the team’s sixth round pick in the 2017 CFL Canadian Draft, as well as a conditional pick in the 2018 draft.

http://en.montrealalouettes.com/2017/04 ... argonauts/

Je me demande jusqu'à quel point la production étincelante de Green pourrait rapporter un bon rang de sélection au repêchage de 2018.  ( peut-être un 2e ronde).

I wonder how far Green's sparkling production could bring back a good selection in the 2018 draft. (Maybe a second round)

Users Online

124 Guests, 1 User (8 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Welder, Google (8)

Most Online Today: 163. Most Online Ever: 225 (Aug 15 2017, 11:52 AM)