ro1313

The CFL just announced a contest to have the 2017 tickets designed by fans
Open to all Canadians......Except Quebec
Because Lotto Quebec has to have its cut of everything

I have already voiced my opinion on Facebook  I know its the fault of loto Quebec but I think we should let the league know our disgust at their decision

ro1313

https://www.cfl.ca/contact-us/

I wrote to them and voiced my disapointment

HfxTC

You can use my address if you want. It's been done before with cflpa contest
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

GHT120

Quote from: "ro1313"
The CFL just announced a contest to have the 2017 tickets designed by fans
Open to all Canadians......Except Quebec
Because Lotto Quebec has to have its cut of everything

I have already voiced my opinion on Facebook  I know its the fault of loto Quebec but I think we should let the league know our disgust at their decision

Is it "a cut"?  I always thought the issue was Quebec's stringent rules about contests ..... the hoops to jump through in advance and the potential for post-draw "investigations/actions" by LQ.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

ro1313

The contest holder has to pay 10% of the total value of the prize to Lotto Quebec.  They say that it is to ensure that the contest is real and that winners actually get their prizes.  That sounds like a good idea on the surface but.....they could just as easily give a refund after proof that the prize was awarded...but we all know that its never going to happen

I have also heard that if a company wants to give away free samples they must pay lotto Quebec as well but I don't know for sure

By the way
While we are talking about contests being real or fake....
Ya know those face book posts that say   just click like and share and you could win a XXXXXX


STOP IT!  THEY ARE ALL FAKE!!!!!!

Johnny Ticat slayer

If Johnny's memory is correct, Quebec residents were also excluded from participating in the "Wendy's kick for a million" contest years ago.

Was this because of Lotto Québec also?
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

HfxTC

The Mob in QC wanted half your Baconator  :oops:

schmenger

That's because some idiot declared Quebec as a "distinct " society.  You reap what you sow.

ro1313

Quote from: "Johnny Ticat slayer"
If Johnny's memory is correct, Quebec residents were also excluded from participating in the "Wendy's kick for a million" contest years ago.

Was this because of Lotto Québec also?


It was for the first year, maybe 2
Yes it was lotto Quebec

ro1313

Quote from: "schmenger"
That's because some idiot declared Quebec as a "distinct " society.  You reap what you sow.



Uh!   No!

HfxTC

Quote from: "schmenger"
That's because some idiot declared Quebec as a "distinct " society.  You reap what you sow.

If you had paid attention in school you would know that part of the agreement of confederation is that Quebec kept its civil code. You would also know that that "deal" is what prevented British colonists from being killed off by the Americans. You must be who Torontonians speak of....
 


Users Online

211 Guests, 11 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
meaker23, jaybird24, mike619, Hammertown Proud, TravelPat1, RiX, brianjoxx, JoeyT, RichardVeilleux, Google (16)

Most Online Today: 241. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)