rcon

Quote from: "Mirage"
Like always?

Pat hasn't provided any proof. He was proven wrong once again. Toronto Sun and all of Toronto's networks do not give TFC any coverage what so ever.

What is on the front page of the Toronto Sun Sports today? hmmmmm  i suppose you didn't pick one up then huh?

Remember Mirage, to some like Auburnwild, you can't criticize TFC or MLS in general. You can only trash the CFL. Please remember this!!! :roll:  :roll:  :wink:

TravelPat1

Quote from: "rcon"
Like always?

Pat hasn't provided any proof. He was proven wrong once again. Toronto Sun and all of Toronto's networks do not give TFC any coverage what so ever.

What is on the front page of the Toronto Sun Sports today? hmmmmm  i suppose you didn't pick one up then huh?

Remember Mirage, to some like Auburnwild, you can't criticize TFC or MLS in general. You can only trash the CFL. Please remember this!!! :roll:  :roll:  :wink:

Huh?  I haven't provided any proof? Yet it seems to me I did even provide pictures of what was on the front of the sports section in the Sunday Sun.  FYI - you tried to claim that means the Sunday Sun sports section must not have very many readers - well the Sunday Sun's distribution is higher than any other day of the week (by far) - according to the Sun's own marketing. Working in the media - you would think you would know that AccessMedia - oops I mean Mirage.

Oh and for those interested the Argos (at least former Argos) made the cover of the Monday sports section with a picture of Flutie and Pinball with the headline 'Glory Days'.  With stories on the Jays and baseball leading the sports section from S2 - S7 with the Argos and CFL on S8 - S11.

AuburnWild

Quote from: "rcon"
Like always?

Yep. That's what you got out of my posts.

Not that "Mirage" and his posts are as deep as a puddle, but that you can't criticize TFC or MLS.

Thumbs up for reading comprehension!  :thup:

AuburnWild

Like always?

I don't know? What's on the front page of the Sun?

I'm not the one making outlandish, easily disprovable claims about media coverage so the burden of proof is on you to provide examples. By examples, I mean actual shots of newspapers and websites, not the type of BS, made up conjecture that you apparently survive off of.

I now await rcon to tell me how this post is trashing the CFL.  :lol:  :roll:

TravelPat1

OK. What a Sunday afternoon after my pathetic Saturday night.  

An embarrassing  59 point loss by my football team is followed up by a stunning 7 run 9th inning comeback win by my Jays in front of their 14th sellout of the season (46,852) at Rogers Centre. At the same time 29,203 took in the very impressive 4 - 0 Toronto FC win at BMO over NYCFC - a game that was nationally tevised across both Canada and the USA (on ESPN).

ActionNews

Anyone listen to TSN radio today about how TFC gives away over 50% and Whitecaps have given 40% of their tickets away from 2016.

No wonder they are losing money.

ActionNews

There is also a good chance both Whitecaps and TFC will not have all their games on television after 2017 season per TSN toronto

I did not know this but all but 4 teams in the MLS do not receive  $ directly from their broadcast partners. They basically do the same thing CIS and CHL does, they pay to use networks and then share ad space.

There is a great article about this available online.

letsgoticats

Anyone listen to TSN radio today about how TFC gives away over 50% and Whitecaps have given 40% of their tickets away from 2016.

No wonder they are losing money.
Please provide sources.

AuburnWild

There is also a good chance both Whitecaps and TFC will not have all their games on television after 2017 season per TSN toronto

I did not know this but all but 4 teams in the MLS do not receive  $ directly from their broadcast partners. They basically do the same thing CIS and CHL does, they pay to use networks and then share ad space.

No there isn't.

ActionNews

I did not know this but all but 4 teams in the MLS do not receive  $ directly from their broadcast partners. They basically do the same thing CIS and CHL does, they pay to use networks and then share ad space.

No there isn't.
yes there is. It's also being reported that TFC has received almost nothing for their tv deal the ratings are so bad.
They have tried to increase ratings by puting them on TSN2 now but its not working..

rcon

Looks like Canadian MLS teams lost a combined 15 Million dollars in 2016, with TFC as the biggest loser of 9 million dollars!!! Could you imagine what the media would say if these were CFL teams!! Imaginary valuation mean absolutely nothing if you are bleeding money like this every year. Can you imagine how much TFC would lose if they weren't "selling-out" every game. 

ActionNews

Looks like Canadian MLS teams lost a combined 15 Million dollars in 2016, with TFC as the biggest loser of 9 million dollars!!! Could you imagine what the media would say if these were CFL teams!! Imaginary valuation mean absolutely nothing if you are bleeding money like this every year. Can you imagine how much TFC would lose if they weren't "selling-out" every game.

TFC isn't selling out. They give away approximately 15,000. A terrific article was done on the business side of MLS and specifically listed Toronto as one of the teams that will not disclose their business model including ticket prices.
TSN radio did a great piece in July about how TFC is the only sports franchise in the world that can say they are sold out and yet get cheaper tickets on the secondary market. TFC will never make money and is probably why the entire league will be out of business sooner or later. 
You can only expand to so many cities and once expansion fees dry up, its lights out!

letsgoticats

TSN radio did a great piece in July about how TFC is the only sports franchise in the world that can say they are sold out and yet get cheaper tickets on the secondary market. 
The Ticats do this every week.  Constant sellouts at THF, but there's always cheaper tickets floating around.  

The Last Word

Great article that refutes the notion held by many insecure CFL fans here who claim that MLS is a ponzi scheme and the teams are only posting profits due to a steady stream of expansion fees.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2017/08/16/major-league-soccers-most-valuable-teams-2/2/#51ffd4a2199c

Another recent criticism of the league is that it's leaning on expansion fees to get by, though that one doesn't hold up quite so well. While recent expansion fees have certainly helped to off-set team capital calls to the league, that's only because the league's owners have agreed to reinvest the entirety of expansion money into MLS operations. Commissioner Garber repudiates the notion in no uncertain terms: “Anybody who thinks that expansion fees are funding the league is ignorant.”
Garber adds that, “MLS is still in the investment mode, with or without expansion revenues. We don’t use [expansion fees] to manage our annual operations, and that won’t be the case going forward either…When I read about people questioning whether or not the league is viable because of expansion revenue coming into the league, they just don’t understand the way professional sports leagues work and operate.”

Good thing The Last Word is here to educate the uninformed. ;D

The Last Word

Man, this league will explode to a new level of popularity when the 2026 World Cup role around.  By then, I predict at least 28 teams.  They still won't be near the NHL in revenues by that point (NHL will probably be around $5 billion assuming the Canadian Dollar remains respectable), but I see a soccer  league with revenues in $2 - $2.5  billion range.

Users Online

135 Guests, 18 Users (22 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, LeBird, Wumper, Grover, idealsheldon, bobo82, DavidThompson, RougeMe, mycko75, sully, MrLucky, heapbag, Lennywasout, Mightygoose, Johnny Ticat slayer, AlsPal, Sidney, Yahoo!, Google (21)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)