Mr. Pike

Quote from: "KevinRiley2"
Quote from: "Mr. Pike"
Will be interesting what they announce for attendance for the home opener.......just saw shot of the 500 level straight on ----lots and lots of empty seats .
Be careful, Mr. Pike, or Patrick will be searching for just the right angle(!), from his PVR'd Jays game, to say it was sold out.

I saw one report this morning that they did announce a sellout .......from what I saw a lot of didn't show up .......but whatever, they are 1-6 that's what's important  :D

drummer_god

A Tuesday night game that wasn't entertaining and dragged on and on, I think many people left early since they work in the morning.
I saw more and more empty seats as the game went on.

If you tuned in during the 6th, it looked worse than it was 2 innings earlier. It looked really bad in the 8th.

This is looking like the year the Jays fall back to being garbage for another 20 years.

TravelPat1

Quote from: "Mr. Pike"
I saw one report this morning that they did announce a sellout .......from what I saw a lot of didn't show up .......but whatever, they are 1-6 that's what's important  :D

Of course they 'announced' a sellout because tickets sold out for the game in less than a day back in January when they went on sale.

Tonight's game that I am going to will be lucky to hit 20,000 being a midweek game against a non-draw like the Brewers with the team stinking so bad - so there will be virtually no walk-up crowd.   It might be a good thing for them that the Jays are sort of an afterthought right now in sports coverage with this being the first time in eons that both the Raps and the Leafs are both in the playoffs.  

The Jays need to turn this around before the Leafs get eliminated so that the news is not gloom and doom around them once attention turns to them - which will happen once the Leafs get beat by the Caps. (Yes - I'm a realistic Leafs fan.)

TravelPat1

Be careful, Mr. Pike, or Patrick will be searching for just the right angle(!), from his PVR'd Jays game, to say it was sold out.

Sorry Kevin - did not PVR the game so this is the best I can do for you from twitter.  ;-)

Mr. Pike

Quote from: "TravelPat1"

Sorry Kevin - did not PVR the game so this is the best I can do for you from twitter.  ;-)

Like I said lots and lots of seats disguised as fans in the 500 level and other places by the looks of things .....guess the freebees didn't show up .

KevinRiley2

:lol:

You`re a good guy, Patrick.  :)
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "drummer_god"
This is looking like the year the Jays fall back to being garbage for another 20 years.
Hope so.

If/When they do fall, interest will fall off a cliff.

KevinRiley2

Jays lost to the lowly Brewers, AGAIN!!!!  That's a shame.   :lol:

Lyle B. Style

Heard Porky Wilner gave Whifftista a standing ovation for getting his 2nd hit of the season. No such ovation for Russ Martin - the Jays 20 million dollar catcher who hasn't been able to fetch a hit in 9 games! Still a great, great player according to Wilner - a known shill inside the Rogers broadcasting organization.

A crippled, old team with select spot pitching, rounders as coaches - Vampiro Shapiro as GM/President.

We'll see how they do when they raise the white flag and start placing AAA players into the lineup as its pretty obvious Donaldson is gonna be an issue, Travis is always an issue, Martin is the next manager-in-waiting, Pillar can't hit diddly squat, and Steve Pearce was a poor acquisition. Other than that - BLUE JAYS FOREVER, let Mike Wilner lead the choir!  :cowboy:
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

TravelPat1

Martin actually got a hit tonight - his first of the season - it was a double even.  But of course it came with the bases empty and not when he came up to bat with the bases loaded.  His hit was one of only  four the Jays got all night. Martin is 1 for 21 now on the season. A booming .048 batting average.  :thdn:

Most of the rest of the team is also below .200 sadly.  So a great starting pitching performance wasted. Stroman - a complete game seven hit two run pitching performance goes to waste.

At least we had good seats.

It turned out to be a much bigger crowd than I expected. Announced at 29,000 with likely close to 23,000 or so actually there.  
https://www.facebook.com/TravelPat/vide ... 788279544/

KevinRiley2

Martin actually got a hit tonight - his first of the season - it was a double even.  But of course it came with the bases empty and not when he came up to bat with the bases loaded.  His hit was one of only  four the Jays got all night. Martin is 1 for 21 now on the season. A booming .048 batting average.  :thdn:

Most of the rest of the team is also below .200 sadly.  So a great starting pitching performance wasted. Stroman - a complete game seven hit two run pitching performance goes to waste.

At least we had good seats.

It turned out to be a much bigger crowd than I expected. Announced at 29,000 with likely close to 23,000 or so actually there.  
https://www.facebook.com/TravelPat/vide ... 788279544/
How the heck did you get THOSE seats?   :o

sambo42

The Jays are going to end up right where are they are now... last... they re-signed the wrong slugger... they should have made more effort to keep Edwin and let Bautista go... Jose is having selfish ABs, not helping the team, and it seems his offensive skills have dropped by quite a margin... the pitching staff will be the hardest luck guys in the league... no run support, and won/loss records that aren't reflective of their talent... maybe its time to have a fresh face, and by that I mean a new manager...

KevinRiley2

Quote from: "sambo42"
The Jays are going to end up right where are they are now... last... they re-signed the wrong slugger... they should have made more effort to keep Edwin and let Bautista go... Jose is having selfish ABs, not helping the team, and it seems his offensive skills have dropped by quite a margin... the pitching staff will be the hardest luck guys in the league... no run support, and won/loss records that aren't reflective of their talent... maybe its time to have a fresh face, and by that I mean a new manager...
From your post to God's ear.

Aerial

Hey the Jays are my second fav MLB team after my hallowed Tigers but the Jays aren't looking so great right now.  I don't follow them enough to know what is going on but it's a long season in MLB so lot's of time for them to play catch up.

But OMG they have great fans to watch in that horrible bowly concrete out of date multipurpose stadium called Rogers Centre.  Good on ya Jays fans!  :o I won't spend a dime to go to that stadium in the future unless it's the 200th Grey Cup.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

KevinRiley2

Jays lost, again.   :thup:

1 and 8.

That's a shame.   :lol:

Users Online

129 Guests, 19 Users (9 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
catsteelers2002, Lyle B. Style, ExPat, DavidThompson, Mightygoose, tabbiefanmcb, tcmike, Taleback, Oskie18, raymarkca, cheater, jim43bob, rcon, Google (8), Baidu

Most Online Today: 213. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)